Gransnet forums

Chat

Things that made me smile

(4 Posts)
Tessa101 Tue 08-Aug-17 20:41:09

I wanted to share with you 2 things that brought a smile to my face today.
I was having a new meter fitted today and as electric was being switched off I had the kettle all ready to offer the work man a cuppa... well imagine my surprise when he said I'd love a cuppa but can I have green tea with mint to which I apologised that I didn't have any. Well out of his pocket he pulled a green tea with mint tea bag,he said I come prepared, it made me smile.
Secondly I was walking my doggy over the fields/woods and I heard a noise above me in the trees, there were 5 boys up there making a tree camp with stuff they had found laying around. I thought it was great to see young boys in the holidays doing what young boys should be doing not stuck in front of a screen.

Menopaws Tue 08-Aug-17 21:12:12

There's lots to smile about if you look at things the right way, glad you had a nice day Tessa. Every day I walk the dog I stop and appreciate the view across the fields and growing crops, sets me up in the morning and finishes my day in the evening. I always think there should be more children playing in the woods during the holidays

hildajenniJ Tue 08-Aug-17 21:34:43

May I join in. My grandson made me smile, well actually a story related by my DD. My DD, SiL and four grandchildren have moved from Glasgow to a house five minutes up the road from me. Grandson 1 got up, came downstairs into the kitchen of their new house, gave his Mum a big hug and said "thank you for bringing me home." The second thing was a beautiful rainbow over the hills beyond my house. I wish my camera could have captured it all.

Coolgran65 Tue 08-Aug-17 23:19:01

DH and I took the dgc on a Fairy Trail today. On the way home we stopped at The Range for something I wanted. The dgc 9 and 6 were of course drawn to the toys (tat) etc. I told them they could have something modest. Dgd 9 loves stationery and she couldn't choose between a Flamingo Notebook £1.99 or a Clipboard with Writing Paper and Pen at £1.

The pages inside the Flamingo notebook had a very slight ripple (noticed by me) nothing major as it wasn't for schoolwork. Dgd loves Flamingos but decided on the clipboard. I put the flamingo notebook into the basket anyway and went to Customer Service to ask how much will you let me have this for. It was £1.99 and she said I could have it for £1 so I said ok.

What made me smile was that dgd without prompting lifted the Clipboard and says 'Granny, I'll just go put this one back'. Not at all, says me..... we'll have both.

I was proud of her attitude.