Gransnet forums

Chat

Jogging bottoms/jersey trousers type things!!

(21 Posts)
kittylester Wed 16-Aug-17 10:09:39

Our house has been feeling autumnal lately and, forward planning!!!) I'm trying to find some comfy, warm trousers to wear around the house during the day.

I want something like jogging bottoms but not gathered round the ankles. I've got M&S ones but they are not very 'smart'. I don't want to look scruffy but want to be comfy. I looked at Lands End but I don't want to be £70 smart!

Anyone any ideas/suggestions?

Luckygirl Wed 16-Aug-17 10:47:48

Try yoga pants - some have broad rollover elasticated waists, with loose bottoms - so to speak! grin

ninathenana Wed 16-Aug-17 10:52:26

Have you looked at Cotton Traders or J D Williams ?

shysal Wed 16-Aug-17 11:03:20

Thanks for posting this Kitty. I am in need of something similar as my 4 old pairs of M&S ones have faded and are wearing into holes where my thighs rub. The only possibility I have found so far are these from Cotton Traders, think I might order one pair to try. I have to have pockets in whatever I wear to take mobile phone and pedometer, which limits the choice somewhat. I shall await more replies on here.
www.cottontraders.com/straight-hem-jog-pants/invt/ac13704

Alima Wed 16-Aug-17 11:05:22

I bought some Maine (Debenhams) ones last year and they are very comfy, have pockets too. £20. Actually through Amazon, same old thing, thought shall I shan't I when I saw them in town and looked on Amazon just in case and there they were.

goldengirl Wed 16-Aug-17 11:06:19

I like Cotton Traders trousers and jeans - last for ever and a good choice of styles

kittylester Wed 16-Aug-17 11:27:09

Brilliant - thank you. I've just seen some on the Dash website too.

Beammeupscottie Wed 16-Aug-17 11:28:31

www.meandem.com/easy-fit-double-stripe-1

shysal Wed 16-Aug-17 11:51:34

Thanks Alima. have ordered a pair of these. Will look at Dash now!
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_020010147043_-1

Lillie Wed 16-Aug-17 11:55:59

I buy a lot of Dash garments. They are good quality, but the trousers do shrink a bit in the wash and their stuff cannot be tumble dried.

kittylester Wed 16-Aug-17 11:59:32

I like the look of the Maine ones too. How are they for size?

shysal Wed 16-Aug-17 12:06:35

Just ordered some Dash ones too, only £15 plus P&P. Not sure if pockets are real or mock though, so they might have to go back.

harrigran Wed 16-Aug-17 12:08:53

I have a grey cashmere jogging suit, it is the ultimate in comfort but obviously not light on the purse, I have bought cheaper wedding outfits grin

Alima Wed 16-Aug-17 12:20:21

The Maine ones are good for size but I am not too sure if they do a longer length as well as regular. (I am 5'6" and they were fine for length) I like Cotton Traders stuff too but always have trouble with their sizing. Must have a look at the Dash website, had forgotten about them!

Charleygirl Wed 16-Aug-17 12:49:19

Dash has a good sale on at present but of course what is left is either a small or large size with zilch in between.

Nelliemoser Thu 17-Aug-17 08:42:43

I have picked up my daughters habit of wearing comfortable (baggy) trousers about the house mine are far from flattering.

In fact none of them are flattering.

Nelliemoser Thu 17-Aug-17 09:02:20

Are any of those you are looking at made with different leg lengths ? Because they are flipping useless other wise. I had a quick look but could not find any information.

Being a short of leg and not having a particularly large bum it is hard to get any that look half respectable.

I find M &S the best place to buy jeans as they do seem to have a good ranges in their sizes .I havent really looked for jogging/lounging stuff.

Jalima1108 Thu 17-Aug-17 09:12:38

It's not until you go on GN that you realise that you could be going round looking like a dork!

I have some M&S jogging bottoms and thought they were fine - I was even going to wear a pair on a flight blush as I thought they looked like plain trousers but comfier.
I do like Dash too and have just bought some stuff in their sale (must look online).

shysal Thu 17-Aug-17 10:01:36

Nellie, the Cotton Traders, Debenhams and Dash all come in different lengths, in fact the CT have 27, 29, 32 and 33inch. T 5'3" I am usually somewhere between short and regular so buy R and wait until they have been washed before adjusting the length if necessary.
I am disappointed that my current shabby M&S joggers are no longer available because they were good quality with zipped pockets and looked like proper trousers. None in my size even on Ebay old stock site. I am sure you don't look a dork Jalima, and joggers would be comfy for a flight.

hildajenniJ Thu 17-Aug-17 10:35:18

kitty, these trousers are the most comfortable warm trousers ever! I bought a couple of pairs of their leggings to wear with my extra long tops. They are superb, and wash really well. Sometimes telly shopping gives you a surprise.

Parklife1 Thu 17-Aug-17 10:48:13

You could look at gymwear in high street shops and supermarkets. Sainsbury's have some yoga type pants and they're in M&S and Next as well.