Gransnet forums

Chat

A Naughtie Word

(9 Posts)
Womble54 Sat 19-Aug-17 18:16:46

I’ve been going to the same hairdressers for more than 10 years – they are very convenient for where I live, and understand the peculiarities of my hair. However, a very unfortunate thing happened the other day when I went in to book for my usual colour plus a cut and blow dry – unfortunately I got the words “cut and” mixed up, and something rather rude came out.

Although very embarrassed I tried not to show it, extricating myself from the situation very quickly and without making eye contact – I hate to imagine what they thought - and slunk home to lick my wounds. Even a chocolate biscuit with a cup of tea didn’t make me feel better. Is all my cursing at other drivers coming back to haunt me?

When you find a hairdresser that suits you, you want to stick with them. Dare I keep the appointment I made, or should I ring up and make an excuse? It’s little consolation that James Naughtie on Radio 4 made a similar slip a while ago when speaking about Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt. What sort of slip is this anyway? Freudian? Brazilian?

lemongrove Sat 19-Aug-17 19:04:40

grin
That's so funny, but don't worry about it ( they may think they misheard anyway) just look innocent when you go in for the blow job

Alima Sat 19-Aug-17 19:07:46

Thank you Womble, you have really made me laugh. You won't forget that in a hurry. It must be nearly 40 years ago I was having a chat with someone and instead of organism out popped orgasm. Cue slight pause then continued as if nothing untoward had been uttered.
(I think Brazilian fits the bill here).

J52 Sat 19-Aug-17 19:08:55

They probably thinking you're not someone to be messed with and you'll get the best cut ever!

Maranta Sat 19-Aug-17 19:12:11

That's sad. If it had happened in my hairdressers they would have laughed like mad. They are all fairly butch males! (Which is why I keep going back ? )

MamaCaz Sat 19-Aug-17 19:46:52

If i had accidentally said that, I would have burst out laughing straight away, and I am fairly sure that almost any hairdresser would then laugh like mad too.
As I have got older, I have realized that in most instances, being able to laugh at one's unintended mistakes is by far the best reaction. Much better to leave somewhere with an amusing memory than an embarrassing one smile

norose4 Sat 19-Aug-17 19:53:02

Could have been worse you could have got your blow dry muddled as well ?

Jalima1108 Sat 19-Aug-17 20:37:46

Mine is a rather un-butch male, not sure what he would think but I'm sure he would have laughed!!

ninathenana Sat 19-Aug-17 23:05:13

I don't suppose your the first or last.
I would have laughed at the time and so would all the hairdressers in my regular salon but having ignored it at the time if I was you I would pretend it never happened.