Gransnet forums

Chat

Mrs May's haircut

(43 Posts)
travelsafar Thu 31-Aug-17 08:22:55

Has anyone got any thoughts on the new style of her hair. It looks odd to me.

Atqui Thu 31-Aug-17 11:33:05

Goodness, we went through this with That Dress in the Italian lakes, but if we're going to be critical, I was more underwhelmed by her excessive eyeliner!

NanaandGrampy Thu 31-Aug-17 12:03:28

Funnily enough, when I saw her on the news I thought how smart she looked but I did think her new ;do' was a bit 'pouffy' . I thought the old style better but its a matter of preference. As long as she doesn't go down the Trump route I think she'll be fine .

Welshwife Thu 31-Aug-17 12:29:00

Most of her clothes are suitable for her job but I do think her tailor needs to address the fit of her jackets below the bust - they could do with another inch in them so that when she does the buttons up it does not push the jacket upwards - they are often gappy around the neckline.
I have often thought she might be more comfortable with a bit fuller skirt and slightly longer. Seeing what Sophie Rayworth is wearing I would think skirts will be a bit longer in the Autumn - thank goodness I say as we have seen enough knobbly knees and also girls showing a lot of thigh even when pulling their skirts down.!

Smithy Thu 31-Aug-17 12:37:48

I don't care what she wears or what her hair is like, more bothered about the job she does - or doesn't do.

glammanana Thu 31-Aug-17 13:02:20

Far North May be the "padding" are clip in hair extentions used to make the hair appear thicker.

Gemmag Thu 31-Aug-17 13:50:13

Does anyone really care what T Mays hair looks like!. She can look very smart when she needs to which is more than can be said about some other politicians.

TriciaF Thu 31-Aug-17 17:10:02

glammanana - I think that's what I read about it.

travelsafar Thu 31-Aug-17 18:43:37

I think she would suit something with a slight curl to soften her features.

The current style smacks of 'pudding bowl' as someone else has mentioned.

Such a shame as she appears to have such a lovely thick head of hair.

Iam64 Thu 31-Aug-17 19:44:46

I'll never vote for Theresa May's party but for pity's sake - leave the woman alone on the hair, makeup and clothing front. She's running the country, she always looks well turned out, she's changed her hair style which must be easier to manage on a day to day basis.
Why on earth should she soften her features >. she's the PM, not some celebrity obsessed with looks and shape.
Having said all of this, I do agree it would suit her more to have a slightly longer skirt and jacket. (slinks of to wonder if her criticism of others has any validity)

lemongrove Thu 31-Aug-17 20:17:00

Would it be better is she had a perm and wore a long dress??
I don't know is she has worn one, but there has been a fashion for tight bright short sleeved dresses that look as if they would be hard to actually get out of at night, everyone on tv has been wearing them, and they are not flattering even on those with good figures.

MissAdventure Thu 31-Aug-17 20:31:08

She just doesn't seem able to carry off 'power dressing'.

maryeliza54 Thu 31-Aug-17 23:42:00

It's the carrying off (or not) of being PM that matters.

MissAdventure Thu 31-Aug-17 23:57:17

Of course that's by far the most important, but the thread asked about her appearance.

Day6 Fri 01-Sep-17 00:54:21

I always think she looks rather elegant and I on TV this evening she looked good I thought.

What does amuse me is her large necklaces. She obviously has a penchant for them and I wonder if they'll get bigger and bigger. grin

A others have said, her appearance doesn't concern me really, but I cannot find fault with it. (Wish I could wear the pointy high heels that she does!)

maryeliza54 Fri 01-Sep-17 07:25:47

But why do people care about any aspect of her appearance given that none is extreme and unlikely to bring the country into disrepute?

MissAdventure Fri 01-Sep-17 07:49:49

I don't suppose for one minute her appearance actually bothers people that much.
Its simply conversation, the same as chatting about other things. I can't see anyone about to need counselling, or anger management because Theresa's hairstyle looks like her mum put a bowl on her head.

NfkDumpling Fri 01-Sep-17 08:00:29

I think the way she looks does matter. I wish she'd soften her makeup as I find her vibrantly bright red lips distract me from listening properly to what she's saying. (Perhaps that's the objective.) And her suit jackets are too short and ride up. It's not just a gender thing. Boris' hair and dress is a distraction too. Blandness in dress and style is good in a politician if they want to be listened too properly.