Gransnet forums

Chat

A Rant-- Cajoled by the manufacturers again

(8 Posts)
muddynails Thu 12-Oct-17 10:58:52

I know there has already been a discussion on the price of butter, was an explanation out there? Looking on the butter/ spread section yesterday amazed at the very small choice of butter compared to spread, we all hate spread, my family have taken to replacing it with mayo, Marmite, mustard, and various sauces, (NOT ALL AT ONCE) my fave at the moment-- Marmite crisps and sliced pickled onions,
they started this after I, refusing to pay butter prices completely ran out of butter , AND ,while I'm on the subject
of manufacturers coaxing by withdrawal, price increases etc. into changing our eating habits,
has anyone else been fooled into buying Special K again
because the box states ORIGINAL? I was and it is definitely
NOT original to the UK recipe -- YUK over sweet and very
hard.

yggdrasil Thu 12-Oct-17 14:55:33

Try Tesco's Special Cereal :-) I find Tesco's Corn Flakes and improvement on Kelloggs too

Ilovecheese Thu 12-Oct-17 16:42:58

And what has happened to glass bottles of H's tomato ketchup? All our local shops only have plastic.

muddynails Sun 22-Oct-17 14:18:32

Thanks yggdrasil, will certainly give it a try.
as for glass bottles of ketchup, I'm glad they are gone after
over vigorously shaking a large bottle that slipped through my hands and smashed up against a cabinet, what a mess!

glammanana Sun 22-Oct-17 14:54:29

Aldis Harvest Moon Benefit Red Berries & Flakes far nicer than SK with Red Berries and at 99p much better on my pocket.

Chewbacca Sun 22-Oct-17 15:05:09

Love Aldi's Fruit and Fibre. And have been known to scoff their Chocolate Pillows too.

callgirl1 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:10:43

Tesco`s own brand pear cider is much nicer than the well known brands.

Nelliemoser Sun 22-Oct-17 18:37:56

Aldi used to sell a pear cider. I have been missing that. I must look out for it .