Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy Thread

(74 Posts)
chelseababy Fri 13-Oct-17 12:33:25

Someone suggested there was too much doom,gloom and moaning on gransnet so here's an opportunity for some happy or good news....

My partners son and his fiancée are coming on Saturday (with granddog) - I'm really looking forward to it and enjoying planning the menu.

glammanana Sat 14-Oct-17 11:59:50

Bikergran well done you getting your car does'nt it feel great when things work out.Enjoy your driving.xxx

glammanana Sat 14-Oct-17 11:56:33

After a fabulous week away in Majorca with my daughter (just the two of us) we managed to miss the Flight cancellations and get back on time tanned and refreshed to news from my eldest boy that he and his wife are expecting their first baby end of April so a very happy time for our family.

Irenelily Sat 14-Oct-17 11:42:45

Lovely to be looking at the happy side of life! We are staying with my eldest daughter on their small holding being spoilt rotten! They are great with her disabled step-Dad! She and .i are going clothes shopping shortly while SIL looks after DH Weather beautiful, counting my blessings!

Legs55 Sat 14-Oct-17 11:13:30

Quiet weekend planned but a visit to DM soon, we will go out, wherever she wants & probably Lunch out everyday. She is 88 & no longer drives so it's a pleasurable stay.

Mixed few weeks with Medical Appointments & a day out planned so packing will take place whenever.

On my return home it's Christmas mode, writing cards & buying presents especially for my DGSs. Happy Days, I'm very much a glass half full personsmile

Imperfect27 Sat 14-Oct-17 11:10:54

I don't often cook for family these days, but have just made a Victoria sponge, 18 coffee muffins - now cooling - two different flavoured apple crumbles and I am stupidly pleased about cooking a roast dinner tonight and a brunchy lunch tomorrow for the hoards. I know this wouldn't be everyone's idea of a fun time, but I am in my element when cooking for the family.

ginny Sat 14-Oct-17 10:56:54

Off for a day out with Dd2. Lunch and a nice mooch around an antique centre.

sarahellenwhitney Sat 14-Oct-17 10:53:25

It will be a happy day for you so make the most of it for as sure as xmas day is the 25th December some one will have Brexit waiting in the wings.

NanaandGrampy Sat 14-Oct-17 10:40:51

After 16 months our buyers have finally signed contracts and we make our move to the country in under a week !!

Now THATS made me happy :-)

maryhoffman37 Sat 14-Oct-17 10:37:59

We have a free weekend! Got up late and still haven't showered and dressed. We'll do the "winter sort-out" of clothes, continue our decluttering programme so that we can downsize in eighteen months, listen to a radio 3 concert, watch an opera DVD, make curry. We know how to be happy just being together and haven't run out of things to talk about after 47 years.

HellsBells Sat 14-Oct-17 10:30:30

I am happy today as DH back tomorrow after a week away - have survived! He has rung every day saying he is missing me!!

ginny Sat 14-Oct-17 10:12:27

Thank you Christinefrance. He has a condition called mycrotia. His left ear is half size which may or may not cause problems as he gets older. He is a very happy outgoing little boy .

Tessa101 Sat 14-Oct-17 10:07:16

Lovely thread. Weather sunny in south this weekend. Off to Southend to see free fireworks on beach front this evening. Plant all my bulbs. FaceTime daughter in Australia.Sort winter wardrobe out.Have lovely weekend all.

hulahoop Sat 14-Oct-17 09:53:13

Congratulations to all those celebrating arrival of new additions to cuddle . Enjoy your car biker gran. Have had a good week here saw GC in week out for lunch with friend seeing other GC tomorrow and the sun is shining ?☀️

JackyB Sat 14-Oct-17 09:50:43

I have got next week off work and it looks like the weather might be good for it. I'm looking forward to cleaning the windows (no, honestly!)

Speldnan Sat 14-Oct-17 09:20:18

My son and my eldest granddaughter (6) are coming home from New Zealand for Christmas! The family have had a tough time with a marriage breakup and I haven’t seen them for 5 years so we’re all SO excited about this visit!

harrigran Sat 14-Oct-17 09:04:49

I have all my family in the UK for the weekend and we are celebrating.

kittylester Sat 14-Oct-17 08:58:11

Lovely thread!

I'm anticipating a quiet weekend with a few highlights. DS2 is calling in with his stepson (who is 14 and who we don't see often as he's getting a life of his own) to help Dh put the new TV on the wall in the kitchen and tomorrow DS1 is coming for lunch.

Christinefrance Sat 14-Oct-17 08:48:30

Great to hear such happy news on GN bikergran you must feel independent and a sense of achievement with your car, happy driving.
Ginny your grandson sounds like a little fighter, good luck to him and hope he can get some help with his hearing loss.

loopyloo Sat 14-Oct-17 08:37:55

Christina Rossetti said it was better to forget and be happy than remember and feel sad.

TwiceAsNice Sat 14-Oct-17 08:27:57

Lovely thread to make you smile. I am going to go with grandchildren today to see the new kittens they are waiting to have and then we will all eat as a family before we watch Strictly all together, we are addicted! Only one more week in work and school for us all and we are going to France for lovely family holiday, can't wait.

Norah Sat 14-Oct-17 06:35:29

bikergran, Lovely!

Norah Sat 14-Oct-17 06:34:09

chelseababy, Lovely thread. I find happiness everywhere and have 99.99% good days. Thanks for the thread.

cornergran Fri 13-Oct-17 23:14:24

Smiling reading all the messages. Good to think about before sleep. bikergran your excitement is infectious.

Katek Fri 13-Oct-17 23:03:04

Ds, dil and the two little dgs are coming tomorrow for a half term stay. I'm so excited!

ginny Fri 13-Oct-17 21:06:17

Happy today because DGS ( 20 months)is staying over. Also as he is has no hearing in one ear , yesterday he had a hearing and development test and was assessed as above average in speech and development.