Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy Thread

(73 Posts)
chelseababy Fri 13-Oct-17 12:33:25

Someone suggested there was too much doom,gloom and moaning on gransnet so here's an opportunity for some happy or good news....

My partners son and his fiancée are coming on Saturday (with granddog) - I'm really looking forward to it and enjoying planning the menu.

Christinefrance Fri 13-Oct-17 12:40:11

That's great chelseababy Good to hear about families who care about each other as well as the ones who are estranged. I hope you all have a lovely day and the grand dog too.

Bambam Fri 13-Oct-17 12:50:46

Sounds lovely chelseababy. I have a happy times coming up also.
Picking up one of my dgs from school today. Don't see him as often as my other dgs as dil is stay at home mum.
Saturday I'm going to a farewell meal for my friend who's been visiting from Australia for six weeks.
Sunday, out for lunch with close friend and looking forward to our usual chin-wag.
Must admit I'm pretty happy-go-lucky and don't enjoy doom and gloom.
Have a lovely time with your family and give the Grandog a cuddle from me.

grannysue05 Fri 13-Oct-17 13:04:53

Enjoy the times ahead Chelsea, better to be happy than gloomy.
We have tonight to look forward to as both GC's are staying with us until 7.0pm (Dad working late).
Tomorrow we are off to Manchester to the Last Night of The Proms at Bridgewater Hall ... a lovely treat.
Happy weekend to all GN's.

Imperfect27 Fri 13-Oct-17 13:06:28

Enjoy your visitors chelseababy.

I am very much looking forward to being host to DS1 who has been very poorly of late, but allowed out of hospital for an overnight stay. I am looking forward to simple pleasures like watching Match Of The Day with him and cooking him a bacon sandwich for Sunday breakfast. xx

MiniMouse Fri 13-Oct-17 13:35:26

Imp That’s encouraging news about your son. Hope you have a lovely time together smile

minesaprosecco Fri 13-Oct-17 13:40:36

Have to say, my life is really happy 99 % of the time. Right now, I've got a nasty cough that's knocked me out, but it means I can sit here reading my book, ignoring all the jobs that need doing with a clear consciencesmile

lemongrove Fri 13-Oct-17 13:56:21

There’s always a silver lining prosecco ??
Having small happy things to look forward to, with friends and relatives, is a wonderful thing.
Even with problems in your life ( which most of us have) and gloomy news on tv ( so what’s new?) we must make the most of our lives, doing the things that matter.A happy weekend to you all.smile

morethan2 Fri 13-Oct-17 14:10:17

It's (suppose) to be warm and sunny ☀️ here this weekend. Grandson is staying over, so a weekend of sunshine, kisses and cuddles. He's the most affectionate of all my grandchildren.

Greyduster Fri 13-Oct-17 14:48:18

Today has not been a good day, but keep me a space for tommorrow and if my bathroom is completely finished I will be the happiest person on Gransnet!!

nanaK54 Fri 13-Oct-17 15:07:32

Love the idea of a 'happy thread' smile

Today my oldest GD is flying to India on a student exchange, although we will all miss her dreadfully and will be counting the days until her safe return, what a wonderful opportunity for her. She will be there for Divali too - lucky girl!

nanasam Fri 13-Oct-17 15:11:15

I'm one very happy bunny today, my DS and DiL have presented DH and I with a precious 1st granddaughter 2 days ago in Australia. Can't wait to go and see them next month! grin wine

shysal Fri 13-Oct-17 15:29:11

Congratulations nanasam! You have years of fun visits ahead! flowers

Bbnan Fri 13-Oct-17 15:34:41

Congratulations Nanasam....time will fly by.....I am happy to be starting to pack Suitcases for Canada to see my new grandson,along with the rest of the family....packing warm clothes as snow has already arrived.

Teetime Fri 13-Oct-17 15:40:57

Lovely happy thoughts and nice to hear good things happening. we are grateful today that our awful colds are over the worst and we are going to see our daughter, her husband and lovely GS next weekend. We haven't seen them since July and it feels like a long long time.

Wheniwasyourage Fri 13-Oct-17 18:51:31

It's been a lovely warm day here today and the freesias I picked this morning are making the kitchen smell wonderful! (They flowered so late that I didn't think they were going to make it before the first frost.)

Best wishes to all who are looking forward to s seeing family this weekend.

Serkeen Fri 13-Oct-17 19:23:48

Well done chelseababy

I am looking forward to tomorrow because I eat chocolate just at the weekend mmm bounty flake smile

Juggernaut Fri 13-Oct-17 19:28:59

This afternoon my DGS ran down the drive towards me, shouting 'Nana' for the very first time!
Very happy bunny here!

minesaprosecco Fri 13-Oct-17 19:33:04

Lovely thread! Let's make sure it keeps going. Happy weekend to everyonewineflowerscupcakesunshine

Luckygirl Fri 13-Oct-17 19:35:43

Good to hear happy news - and new baby - congrats; and a son getting the care he needs. flowers

I had my DGS of 2 yrs here all day - he is some kind of delight! - so charming and good natured. And then we picked up his big sister from school and they were just two great joys!

nanasam Fri 13-Oct-17 20:29:38

Quite right prosecco, I've been in tears of joy for myself and now for all the rest of you! Bbnan, you're in the same state of euphoria as me!
Wish the whole world was as happy as we are now [content]

loopyloo Fri 13-Oct-17 20:35:49

I am happy today because my new diet and exercise plan is going well. (So far....) Feelng more positive about lots of things. Going to live my own life and ignore or side step other people. Need more company so am getting out more.
Good luck to all you people out there.

bikergran Fri 13-Oct-17 21:05:59

I feel happy this week because...after over 3 yrs of being without a car (wont go into the reasons why I have had no car for 3 yrs as that is a negative)

It was like it was meant to be for me to have this car, I managed to secure a job and have now been there over 12 months, saved like mad and then a few weeks ago saw this car smile at first I thought I couldn't afford the insurance, but with swings and roundabouts somehow I have managed to do it with help from others smile

Its 12 yrs old but has only done 53,000 miles smile and I know the history of it.

So yesterday I was able to go to my mums pick her up and we went out in the car, went a few places nearby then a bit of lunch, it was lovely and something I havn't been able to do for over 3 yrs smile smile

I am soooooo chuffed smile

ginny Fri 13-Oct-17 21:06:17

Happy today because DGS ( 20 months)is staying over. Also as he is has no hearing in one ear , yesterday he had a hearing and development test and was assessed as above average in speech and development.

Katek Fri 13-Oct-17 23:03:04

Ds, dil and the two little dgs are coming tomorrow for a half term stay. I'm so excited!