Gransnet forums

Chat

Heating on?

(16 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 18-Oct-17 20:35:25

We came back from holiday, put the heating on upstairs for the first time since we had a new bathroom installed.
Unfortunately, after two days of investigating why some radiators were cold, gas engineers discovered that the bathroom installers had shut off a valve under the new bathroom floor. Now awaiting installer to rip up the newly tiled floor to turn the heating back on. I hope it's this side of Christmas, as upstairs has become quite cold.

watermeadow Wed 18-Oct-17 19:30:46

Update! Heat on! Horrible today, cold, wet, gloomy. I'm sitting under a blanket with dog snuggled up close and wish it was bedtime.

chelseababy Tue 17-Oct-17 19:30:22

I've got my new gas fire on in the sitting room - lovely and snug. But it it cheaper than putting on the central heating?

harrigran Tue 17-Oct-17 17:18:03

Mine is on 24/7 and the thermostat decides when it switches on.

ninathenana Tue 17-Oct-17 16:35:56

need

ninathenana Tue 17-Oct-17 16:34:54

No heating on yet,not, even the gas fire in the lounge which is what we use in the evenings until we feel the nead to heat the whole house.

Charleygirl Tue 17-Oct-17 12:43:54

Although the T had been recorded at eg 15C I found it chilly here some evenings so the heating went on for a couple of hours to take the chill away. To date I have not needed it in the mornings yet.

lemongrove Tue 17-Oct-17 09:09:12

Thermostat set at 20, comes on and off when needed.The evenings have started getting chilly now.Time for a log fire soon.?

vampirequeen Tue 17-Oct-17 07:27:40

Not used it yet. Hoping to get to November but depends if we get a cold snap. Our landlord had the most amazing insulation fitted a couple of years ago. Was a pain at the time but so worth it.

M0nica Tue 17-Oct-17 07:20:43

No idea, CH is controlled by a thermostat and cannot be switched on and off. It may have come on once or twice this Autumn, but I have not been checking.

BlueBelle Mon 16-Oct-17 22:03:56

Still not put my gas heater on yet it’s been pretty warm last few days and a blanket at night is fine

debbie1967 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:32:58

My heating is definetly on tonight, bitter winds here for the last 24 hours or so and glad to be home from work now. Had to look out my wooly tights this morning for the first time in months.

GrandmaKT Mon 16-Oct-17 20:32:52

No, not yet, but we do have a couple of electric heaters (in different rooms) that we've put on for an hour or two when it gets chilly. It's really warm tonight with no heating. When it does get cold I'll probably put it on to find it's not working!

tanith Mon 16-Oct-17 20:29:10

Just the odd hour here and there, but it hasn't been on for a few weeks now.

Teetime Mon 16-Oct-17 19:52:45

Ours has been on since September 1 set at 20 degrees so it doesn't always come on. Very windy tonight so I popped the dial up to 22.

watermeadow Mon 16-Oct-17 19:47:20

It's been so warm lately that I haven't turned my heat on at all yet. Tonight I'm chilly and am too tired to get off the sofa and move around to warm up.
A bath would warm me up but would that use more gas than heating the whole house until bedtime?