Gransnet forums

Chat

Stenders - help please!

(18 Posts)
kittylester Thu 19-Oct-17 20:24:36

Please can someone explain what's going on? I've watched it since the beginning so am loath to give up on it but I'm baffled.

Alima Thu 19-Oct-17 20:33:11

The bloke who is getting together with Ben was in prison with Max. Turns out he is the son of Wilmot Brown who raped Kathy years ago. Fi, now managing the Vic is Wilmot Brown's daughter. Since Max has come out of prison he has a real downer on everyone in the Square who stood by and let him get sent down for murder. Especially Jane and Ian who let him take the rap for Bobby. Now he is bent on revenge.. Not entirely sure where WB comes in. Hopefully someone else will know!

Alima Thu 19-Oct-17 20:36:57

...if you Google the revenge plot line Wikipedia will give a complete run through. Think I'll do that myself!

kittylester Thu 19-Oct-17 20:46:55

But why? And how is Max involved with Wilmot Brown and why? And, I keep thinking I've missed an episode! I'm too old for all this!! grin

Pittcity Thu 19-Oct-17 21:01:36

WB wants to buy up Albert Square and turn it into flats.
The bloke who was Lauren's boss is another one of his kids.

Jomarie Fri 20-Oct-17 00:12:52

I get the gist of it - Max being got at in prison and seeking revenge etc. but am just really wondering how it is going to be resolved? Is Max going to capitulate? Is Jane going to die (she's been trying to for a long time now but not succeeding as yet) is Lauren going to come back skinny again (after taking time out for a baby) or is Steven going to come back from the dead and reveal all? Probably Kathy (came home in the end) will be the heroine and with Stacey and Michelle - talk everyone round with a nice drink and a meal in the Vic - Linda and Mick will be happy as Larry and Whitney will reveal all........... I have missed my vocation as a soap writer. {grin}

Jane10 Fri 20-Oct-17 06:51:07

kittylester Max shared a cell with WB's son. That's how he got involved. He's now in a relationship with Fi as well as stringing poor silly Carmel along. God knows where it will all end. I hope Jane's OK though. She always seems the most sensible person on the Square despite some daft decisions.

kittylester Fri 20-Oct-17 06:59:14

I know all the 'bits' Jane, though I thought Fi was stringing Max along, but why is it all happening?

Was it a coincidence that the gay bloke shared a cell with Max? How did Max get the video of Bobby?

And why, just why? confusedconfused

Jane10 Fri 20-Oct-17 07:05:24

Its all part of Wilmot Browns plan for revenge on the Square and especially Kathy for leading to his imprisonment for her rape.
The gay bloke in prison is WBs son. He shared a cell with Max and has now fallen for Ben. Just typical everyday stuff!

kittylester Fri 20-Oct-17 07:33:42

The gay bloke was a gay doctor in Holby I think! jings would know!

Alima Fri 20-Oct-17 07:44:24

He played Dan Hamilton yonks ago apparently. Just looked him up. Also found out that Luke and Sophie did appear in 'Enders back in the 80s. How silly of me not to remember.

ninathenana Fri 20-Oct-17 08:03:16

Good synopsis Alima
I thought it was all about WB revenge on Kathy and her family Jane being part of that family and basically the whole square.
It is all a bit contrived but hey it's 'enders. smile
I want to give Stacey a good talking to at the moment.

kittylester Fri 20-Oct-17 08:15:26

I want to give Martin a big hug! blush

Christinefrance Fri 20-Oct-17 08:43:19

It's all very convoluted isn't it ? Max & WB are hell bent on revenge, Fi seems to be involved for family loyalty and hard cash. Hope Ian starts to figure out there is something wrong about Jane leaving. If I was Jane I would have given him and his family a wide berth years ago. Poor Carmel hoodwinked again. Not that I watch the soaps you understand, only documentaries and political programmes. ?

kittylester Fri 20-Oct-17 08:46:37

Me too, Christine! I was only asking out of interest in popular culture! grin

Alima Fri 20-Oct-17 08:51:00

There is a political bent in Enders Christinefrance so your secret is safe with us. (Only last night Ian was giving presents to the NHS medical staff who he knows are "poorly paid").
I think it is getting a bit better lately. Do you think the new producer chappie has had time to improve things, the one they got shot of nearly ruined it.
I am really looking forward to Masood coming back into it at the end of the year, always liked him.
(Note to self, must get out more).

kittylester Fri 20-Oct-17 09:00:57

I noticed that Alima but thought it was a bit heavy handed.

I like Masood too - maybe he and Carmel will get back together.

Eastenders is a fly on the wall documentary isn't it? confused

Jane10 Fri 20-Oct-17 09:07:53

Oh is Masood coming back? Oh good. I hope Tamara and Nancy's come too.