Gransnet forums

Chat

This really is just for fun! Arguments and Flaming

(28 Posts)
Tottylimejuice Tue 31-Oct-17 19:47:27

Further to the recent posts and whether us lot prefer the 5 minute argument or the 10 minute one or even to fan the flames, I have just read the following and thought it very apt! I have nicked it from someone who nicked it, so hopefully no copyright breaches:- (oh and it really is a bit of fun, unless of course you feel differently!
Too funny not to share ?

This is the legit way threads work....

Q: How many GNers does it take to change a lightbulb

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb.'
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp.'
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and which brands are faulty.
5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.
15 people to complain about other people being judgemental for the way in which they change their light bulbs.
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.
5 to post to the page that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest.
4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.
5 people to get sidetracked on a discussion about bacon and coffee and how the only reason we need light bulbs is that we can see them to cook them.
1 admin to ban the light bulb posters for inserting political discussion and close the thread.

maryeliza54 Wed 01-Nov-17 09:53:10

Really really funny - I’m going to copy and save it. If this were MN there would be several posters saying that as clearly the OP’s DH was failing to change the lightbulb she shoul LTB

rascal Wed 01-Nov-17 08:01:10

Brilliant! That says it all! grin

BlueBelle Wed 01-Nov-17 07:36:31

Haha like that, very true too and a great post ???

gillybob Wed 01-Nov-17 07:27:24

I do hope not kitty as that would be a serious breach of H&S regulations. wink

kittylester Wed 01-Nov-17 07:25:01

Brilliant!

Was the Op of the lightbulb thread wearing Vans?

ninathenana Tue 31-Oct-17 23:41:06

I enjoyed that little bit of light relief thlsmile

Jalima1108 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:39:23

Brilliant and a shining example of GN at its best!

gillybob Tue 31-Oct-17 22:28:27

Exactly katek a very relevant point. Could it have been the fuse or indeed the switch ? Was there a health and safety issue? Did someone hold the ladder when said lightbulb was checked? Omg I'm sorry folks but speaking as someone who actually writes method statements and RAMS ( risk assessment and method statement) I feel that I need to close the site down forthwith!

Brilliant Totty love it !

MawBroon Tue 31-Oct-17 22:01:45

Absolutely brilliant and most illuminating (see what I did there?) grin???

Katek Tue 31-Oct-17 22:00:00

Ah.....but did the light bulb really want to change? I think we should establish that first.

Anniebach Tue 31-Oct-17 21:59:53

Elegran ?

Primrose65 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:58:38

So funny TLJ Thanks for the giggle grin

Mapleleaf Tue 31-Oct-17 21:58:16

Very good. ?

Charleygirl Tue 31-Oct-17 21:57:09

Also somebody to open the discussion about changing a light bulb, write a lengthy piece and never be heard of again.

Anya Tue 31-Oct-17 21:49:22

A lighthearted light bulb moment! grin

Baggs Tue 31-Oct-17 21:10:58

Chuckle McChuckle grin!

Here's a ? for you:

The Mogg (he of Moggmentum fame) happens to think that one shouldn't say good afternoon until after lunch. This implies that everything before that is morning, even if it isn't according to the clock. I like it. AIBU?

PS I think in Jane Austen's world it was morning until one dressed for dinner. So a morning dress was what we (well, some of us) would call a day dress.

Grannyknot Tue 31-Oct-17 20:54:17

Teehee.

POGS Tue 31-Oct-17 20:47:35

Amusing Tottylimejuice.

Elegran Tue 31-Oct-17 20:42:53

Don't forget the 7 who type a long post about how aggressive the thread about lightbulbs is becoming, and how they find the whole light-bulb discussion so unpleasant that they cannot bear to post on it, so they are leaving Gransnet for good. Or until they notice a thread about which way round to hang the toilet roll, which prompts them to post a diatribe on there, about the wierdos who can contemplate the roll that way round.

lemongrove Tue 31-Oct-17 20:19:15

?very true!

Greyduster Tue 31-Oct-17 20:18:23

First class, TLJ!

Anniebach Tue 31-Oct-17 20:16:15

Brilliant , thank you

Greenfinch Tue 31-Oct-17 20:14:02

Hilarious but so apt.

mcem Tue 31-Oct-17 20:11:08

Well said TLJ!!

Jane10 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:55:06

Excellent!!