Gransnet forums

Chat

Jigsaw tables

(49 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 02-Dec-17 14:40:46

Has anyone bought a jigsaw table? Rather bored with talking to myself , interesting creature that I am.

Have been advise by physiotherapist to stop lying on the sofa all day, do not possess a breakfast or dining table .

Anniebach Sat 02-Dec-17 22:57:10

Don't go too church now, can't get there , I am fine, just need to adjust to a different life , thank you x

Nelliemoser Sat 02-Dec-17 23:56:56

Hobbycraft for one shop sells a "Porta puzzle" for £20 which holds 1000 pieces. It is like a big artists portfolio. You can pack it into its case so that the pieces stay in place and it zips up.

Mine will pack so you can fold up the portfolio like a case and move it if you need your dining table. My son bought me one years ago now It is wonderful thing to have.

missourisusan Sun 03-Dec-17 01:25:22

I love puzzles. The felt roll ups don't work and are very hard to move the pieces around on, I bought a "lazy Susan" which you can rotate around to work on other sides but it isn't wide enough for 1,000 pieces on one side and too wide on the other side to reach across. I think a smallish table is the best.

Elegran Sun 03-Dec-17 10:28:27

Just because you don't go to church any more doesn't mean that church won't come to you - or it shouldn't mean that!

Bellanonna Sun 03-Dec-17 10:41:02

I was going to say that too, Elegran. Annie you will know a lot of parishioners and you could phone someone and give them the chance to be helpful. Or would you consider another van trip to town if thst could be arranged? I know you’re feeling bad, with every right to, but the table thing is not an insurmountable problem and there have been some good suggestions on here if you don’t want to go out. Give it a go Annie x

Anniebach Sun 03-Dec-17 10:50:06

Two separate Parishes Elegran, I am not in touch with the church I use to attend and the church in this parish no longer has a priest so no church community .

I will sort something out x

Auntieflo Sun 03-Dec-17 15:27:24

Annie, I'm sure that with all the helpful hints on here, that the resourceful, and persistant GN's will sort something out for you. Don't give up just yet, there will be a light bulb moment coming any time soon, if we all put our thinking caps on. tchhmm

Anniebach Sun 03-Dec-17 15:32:38

Aw Antieflo, it's difficult to offer suggestions when not knowing the room, everyone is so kind ?

Jalima1108 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:08:23

My DM and my MIL both had tables which they kept by the side of them, they would have been big enough for a puzzle.
When not in use they can be folded down, they had wheels I think and can be pulled towards you so they go over your lap when you want to eat.

Will try to find a picture, perhaps someone has one somewhere in their attic!

Jalima1108 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:09:49

www.nrshealthcare.co.uk/bedroom-seating-aids/over-chair-over-bed-tables/over-bed-chair-table-wheeled?fee=19&fep=504&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6dWShZ3u1wIVirvtCh01bQj0EAQYBSABEgIe7fD_BwE

I know it says 'healthcare' but in fact they are very useful, will it take a puzzle?

Jalima1108 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:13:58

Perhaps not but could you put a puzzle board on it, then you could wheel it where you wanted.

Anniebach Sun 03-Dec-17 17:47:35

That is a thought Jalima, with wheels I can move it into the bedroom x

Jalima1108 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:58:19

I don't think the surface will take a 1,000 puzzle though, not sure. You would have to measure - or perhaps use one of those zip-up puzzle things Greyduster mentioned on the table, then you can move the table around.

I'm sure the tables used to be bigger, DM's seemed quite large. I think we sent it to the charity shop.

Anniebach Mon 04-Dec-17 03:52:36

I would need a larger board Jalima, how can wanting to do a jigsaw cause such a problem, gives me something to think about I suppose.

Jalima1108 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:47:17

hmm
thinking

Jalima1108 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:52:55

www.jigthings.com/uk/jigsaw-tables/

but it's very expensive shock

EigirdD Fri 19-Jan-18 12:39:39

Also if you will need parcel delivery services in the future , I can recommend Parcel ABC company. I chose them few times in my life, because they do door 2 door and offer best price parcel delivery services. If you need more information about Parcel ABC services, you can check their website: www.parcelabc.co.uk/

Anniebach Fri 19-Jan-18 13:18:33

Thank you Eigird

cornergran Fri 19-Jan-18 21:23:51

Not sure if this would be helpful annie. Mr C has cut a piece of plywood to the size of the jigsaw he does, when not in use it lives under the sofa. When in use it is either on a coffee table, one of those small fold up tables or if I’m not looking the dining table. I like it when I can’t see it grin. Is there anyone who mifht have a suitable piece of thin wood, get a piece for you or cut it for you? Just a thought.

Anniebach Tue 20-Feb-18 09:24:27

Have now got a small table, younger daughter bought it for me.

Looked on Amazon and gosh jigsaws are rather expensive.

I put a post on a local selling site yesterday asking if anyone had unwanted puzzles they would like to sell.

Have had five replies already from people who are bringing some for me , one is bringing seven ! Think I will need a large blanket box to store them in ?

cavewoman Tue 20-Feb-18 13:49:48

Enjoy Annie
I do online jigsaws (free). Don't have to worry about storage.
I love the "click" when a piece fits !

Anniebach Tue 20-Feb-18 13:55:39

Thank you cavewoman, I need something to keep me away from the lap top and iPad for some periods in the day ?

evegreen Wed 13-Feb-19 08:09:33

hahaha..
I tried to brought the table but my family does not allow me