Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Christmas Day

(77 Posts)
Auntieflo Mon 25-Dec-17 07:47:01

Peace be with you one and all. Enjoy your day and don't get stressed. tchsmile

Sar53 Mon 25-Dec-17 10:05:47

Happy Christmas everyone. We are staying in a lovely hotel in Kent, very relaxing.
Hope you all have a great day. tchwink.

Elrel Mon 25-Dec-17 10:06:37

Love and peace to everyone- don’t worry- be happy!!
Last year the DGSs awakened me early with a rousing Feliz Navidad!! This year even the youngest one here has reached his teens - silence still reigns!!

hildajenniJ Mon 25-Dec-17 10:09:24

Good morning everyone.

The goose is in the oven. The potatoes are peeled, and that's as far as I've got. The weather in West Northumberland is overcast and raining. Mild too.
I'm having a cup of coffee and taking a little break.

Christmas blessings to you all.

Tippy22 Mon 25-Dec-17 10:10:02

Merry Christmas everyone from a very blustery East Sussex. We had our Christmas lunch yesterday with DD2 and family as they are taking care of SIL"s grandmother today as this will be her first Christmas without her DH. So it's a quiet day for just the 2 of us.

Teetime Mon 25-Dec-17 10:13:23

A Merry Christmas morning to all. xxx

Primrose65 Mon 25-Dec-17 10:13:58

Merry Christmas to all from an overcast but very mild London ?

Off to DD for lunch, just starting to get ready, collecting up the presents and feeling very Christmassy.

tchsmile

Elrel Mon 25-Dec-17 10:18:34

I can hear them warming up!!

jusnoneed Mon 25-Dec-17 10:24:04

Happy Christmas to all. Hope you have a fun day, manage to eat too much and have a glass or two of the falling down water tchsmile

cornergran Mon 25-Dec-17 10:24:52

Morning All, wishing you a happy Christmas. We’re with a two year old. A very early start and wonderful chaos. Think we’re all ready for a sleep now. I’ve just realised it’s drizzling. Never mind. It’s Christmas, thinking of those with sadness today and sending love to all.

michellehargreaves Mon 25-Dec-17 10:25:59

Have a happy,peaceful Christmas everyone. Overcast and mild here in London. Just about to make goat cheese tartlets starters to take to the family "do" at our son's. I can almost hear the over excited grandchildren from here. ?

Artyfarty Mon 25-Dec-17 10:26:35

Just listening to Junior Choice on radio 2 whilst opening our presents. Three wheels on my wagon, Puff the magic dragon, Right said Fred! grin

craftynan Mon 25-Dec-17 10:36:23

Merry Christmas, everyone. If you are travelling today, please take care and enjoy yourselves.

loopyloo Mon 25-Dec-17 10:38:28

Merry Christmas everyone. All best wishes to everyone. Lovely quiet morning after chaotic day yesterday. Then off to daughter's for dinner which will be more hubbub but fun.
Special wishes to everyone on their own . May you have a very Happy day .

Craftycat Mon 25-Dec-17 10:40:34

Happy Christmas to you all.
Just DH & me today so I'll be cooking all day for tomorrow when we will have 12 for lunch & tea. All 6 DGC will be hyper. When we got up at 10am today I had spoken to them all & very glad I no longer have the 4am wake up call as Santa has been. Been there- done that.
Looking forward to a mad day tomorrow & a day in my kitchen doing what I'm good at. Plus I have discovered pink gin & prosecco cocktail which is going to be my fuel for the day. Xxx

merlin Mon 25-Dec-17 10:49:06

Happy Christmas every one. Off to spend the afternoon with my daughters and 11 grandchildren but a quiet start to the day.
The dog is busy destroying his new toy after having eaten all of the tissue paper it was wrapped in. shock smile

Foxygran Mon 25-Dec-17 11:00:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blueberry1 Mon 25-Dec-17 11:03:17

Happy Christmas everyone.Have a lovely day with your families and friends.Thinking of those of you alone too-I hope you find some happiness in your day.

Morgana Mon 25-Dec-17 11:05:17

Have a good day everyone. Thinking of all those who are feeling sad or down today. Hope some good things are on their way for you soon.

sarahellenwhitney Mon 25-Dec-17 11:06:29

Not quite sure what the weather here in Cornwall has in store for us. Very blustery at present but many braving it, I can see from my window, walking on the beach.
Rather them than me.

VIOLETTE Mon 25-Dec-17 11:12:03

Happy Christmas also from SW France ...but in this bit its very mild, overcast and drizzling ! No one about so its very very quiet...might get the ironing done !! Enjoy, whatever you are doing !

gillyknits Mon 25-Dec-17 11:13:52

Good morning and Happy Christmas from a gloriously sunny Yorkshire!
Off to DD for lunch. It’s the first time I haven’t done turkey etc. for forty odd years.
Feels weird, what have I forgotten?

Alygran Mon 25-Dec-17 11:19:36

Merry Christmas from Glossop. DD2 and I are off to DD1’s in a few minutes. Car full of presents including bike for DGS despite his broken leg! Enjoy your day everyone.

Flowerpower22 Mon 25-Dec-17 11:21:18

Merry Xmas from Chester - this is our first Xmas in our new home, which I must say feels like a hovel (it's a renovation project) and I did shed a little tear this morning - but onwards and upwards because next year all will be fixed!

Tessa101 Mon 25-Dec-17 11:22:41

Happy Christmas to you all from sunny Australia!! Arrived 2 days ago to spend it with my DD and her family. Happy days x

grandtanteJE65 Mon 25-Dec-17 11:23:54

Merry Christmas everyone, from the very stormy south of Denmark, practically gale force winds and rain, but unseasonably mild weather.

Duck is stuffed and sitting safely in the fridge, much to the one cat's disgruntlement, he sat in the kitchen all morning in the hope of a closer acquaintance with said bird. The other cat went out in disgust when he realised that I did not intend to unlock the door to the cellar stairs, where the duck was de-frosting until after breakfast!