Gransnet forums

Chat

Gran (and Pops) jobs

(5 Posts)
gillybob Fri 02-Feb-18 21:39:59

Omg I though it was just me who had to find a small size mouth guard with 1 hrs notice, wash and dry a footie strip for the same day , scrub jods, mend holes and plait a pony mane ...”like now” and crikey knows what else ..... grin Wouldn’t change it for the world though .

Greyduster Fri 02-Feb-18 21:33:48

Sewing on Cub Scout badges; mending broken Action Men; sewing up breaks in his favourite soft toys; teaching him to draw (elbows and knees seemed to be a foreign concept to him!); buying myself a recorder to help him learn to play his better (didn’t help either of us much); helping him to make and paint a clay pot as a present for his mum; making cakes and biscuits for school events. Any number of other small things that have given me great joy over the years.

OldMeg Fri 02-Feb-18 14:12:57

DH has been dragooned into taking GS1 (11) out tomorrow morning at dawn, to help him photograph sun rising over water. GS1 also commented that he’d prefer it if it was to rain. DH would prefer not to go at all!

NannyTee Fri 02-Feb-18 13:53:47

Our DGCs school don't give DD any notice for certain things. They asked the day before sports day to put the GC in yellow tops for sports day. We went to all the local superstores but no yellow ones. I make my own greetings cards and found a few a4 sheets of yellow felt. I cut around a dinner plate, 4 perfect circles . I sewed them on the front and back of their white t shirts. It nearly covered most of the white. GC were thrilled. smile

hespian Fri 02-Feb-18 13:33:56

I have spent most of the morning detangling a doll’s long hair. In the last little while our jobs have included - mending a hole in a pocket, creating scrolls of Roman facts, providing unusual ingredients for cooking at school and even driving to France on a rescue mission! We have loved them all but just wondered what other jobs we do to help out as grandparents!!