Gransnet forums

Chat

Six nations

(10 Posts)
TwiceAsNice Sat 03-Feb-18 08:41:41

Is anyone else going to be watching the rugby this afternoon? SIL is English but me and the daughters will be singing the WELSH national anthem and yelling for Wales, DD2 will be wearing her best red rugby shirt. I'm living in England now as relocated to be near daughters and grandchildren but you can't take the Welsh out of the girl!!!

Grannyknot Sat 03-Feb-18 08:49:10

Husband will be watching it, he is Scottish so not sure who he will be supporting wink smile

Cherrytree59 Sat 03-Feb-18 09:06:50

Yes come on Scotland!
Last night we watched the women's 6 Nations on the red button.
Wales v Scotland.
Wales won by 1 point!
They played at Cardiff to a virtually empty stadiumsad.
If they give free tickets to Schools, college and university students also the sport clubs it would help to give stadium at bit more atmosphere.

mollie Sat 03-Feb-18 09:10:55

I’ll certainly watch the Italy -v- England game (tv controls, seat and refreshments already booked) but not sure about the rest this weekend. Game on!

Anniebach Sat 03-Feb-18 09:17:04

The Welsh team has been hit by several injuries

David the daffodil will be in his usual place on my sofa ,
The Welsh flag ready to be hung up.

glammanana Sat 03-Feb-18 09:22:28

Oh the pain !! dear hubby and DS1 will be watching this afternoon,he will be coming to watch it straight from work so burgers and chips at the ready for half time I think.

mcem Sat 03-Feb-18 09:31:33

2 granddaughters plus friends have travelled to Cardiff to visit dad and go with him to see today's game. In his younger days he played for the Scottish under21 team. The only other member of the family to appear on Murrayfield pitch is DG 1 while at school.

They'll all support Scotland but dad's wife and stepdaughter are Welsh. The weekend has been organised to celebrate stepmum's birthday so they'll enjoy it whatever the result.

Sounds as if Scotland is in with a chance and we'll be watching. The first game I ever attended was a Scotland/ Wales match at the 'old' Murrayfield while I was at St A.

Good of the 6 nations authorities to organise the date of this fixture for them!

Teetime Sat 03-Feb-18 09:46:20

DH will be watching it and I shall pop in and out to admire the legs! DH supports England but loves all of it and a true sportsman he cheers for everyone.

PS I like the French rugby players - cor!!!!!

ninathenana Sat 03-Feb-18 09:46:20

Yes, we will all be watching🏉🏉
H was a very keen and fairly good player for the local club in his day

Lindylo Sat 03-Feb-18 10:25:45

Will be glued to the TV. Just love this game. We have a split family - my OH Wales and me France but they all play a good game.