Gransnet forums

Chat

Bras

(106 Posts)
Hildagard Wed 07-Feb-18 12:09:17

Good morning, I have been doing a necessary job. Sorting out my underwear drawer, only because it woudnt shut properly. And I was just curious as to how many bras and pairs of knickers does one really need?Any thoughts. My husband likes me to wear matching bra and pants, hence the overstuffed drawer

W11girl Thu 08-Feb-18 22:29:24

I have about half a dozen bras all different colours and not one pair of knickers matches them...I buy for me, not what someone else wants me to wear!

Jane10 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:52:42

shock

BlueBelle Thu 08-Feb-18 21:31:15

Just taken mine off ooooh lovely

Jane10 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:26:36

Draw? Is that American for drawer?

Patticake123 Thu 08-Feb-18 20:44:19

What you need are bigger drawers!

Hi

Hildagard Thu 08-Feb-18 20:13:39

Jane10 ?

shirleyhick Thu 08-Feb-18 20:04:50

I have a black, a white, a skin colour and a couple of patterned bra's. A draw full of pants no idea why as will never get to wear them as I never rotate anything in my knickers draw.

Jane10 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:35:15

Er not in the way you might have hoped!

Hildagard Thu 08-Feb-18 18:58:58

Jane10 hope we made his day?

Jane10 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:19:36

I told DH about this thread and he laughed and laughed. Said it sounded like something from a Benny Hill fantasy all these Grans in their fancy pants!
I get him to pop on his thermal longjohns for me ooer!

Tegan2 Thu 08-Feb-18 17:45:45

PoshGran; you sound like me. I often wonder, if I was young now, if I'd be tempted to have implants. I was really conscious of being flat chested when I was young sad. However, when I realised that my better endowed friends just seemed to get bigger and bigger as they aged, I'm really happy as I am. My MIL asked me once what I wanted for Christmas and I replied 'a cleavage'.

Atqui Thu 08-Feb-18 17:45:03

Like Notspaghetti I wear v expensive bras and cannot bring myself to pay £30 for a matching pair of knickers, but try to match the colours.(!M and S)

stevej4491 Thu 08-Feb-18 17:36:21

Armpit warmers in white or skintone for me ,bras from MnS skintone or black. Not up for discussion in our house.

harrigran Thu 08-Feb-18 16:58:40

I have never been able to wear M&S underwear, it is certainly not made for my body shape.
I wear Triumph bras in white, cream or black and Sloggi briefs. Sainsbury's briefs are a very good fit as they do full briefs in cotton with added Lycra.
I haven't really counted them lately but they do fill two drawers in a chest of drawers.

Blue45Sapphire Thu 08-Feb-18 16:52:56

Well, I must confess that I have around 25 bras in white/cream, flesh/natural, blue, green, black and red! Plus must be about 50 pairs of knickers, mostly matching the bras. I try to match the colour of my underwear to the clothes I wear on top, it feels right to me. I used to have just one drawer for underwear, now I have four, sorted by colour! I just like pretty matching underwear, and although I do it to please me, it's nice knowing that DH is appreciative of what's under my clothes!

Nanny41 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:25:55

I have a number of "boring" bras mostly beige or white one black bra but never wear it.
Wait for it, a dozen pair of high leg briefs from Victorias Secret, no they are not sexy, they are just lovely colours and fit perfectly, on my not perfect body!

M0nica Thu 08-Feb-18 15:44:06

Matching underwear is no more expensive than any other underwear. All mine comes from supermarkets, either in the UK or in France.

PoshGran Thu 08-Feb-18 15:33:11

Currently I wear M&S knickers (15 pairs, mixed colours) & mismatched, unknown make & size elastic/sport/slip over your head-type bras (3).
I have never had much Bristol-wise & always had a hate/hate relationship with bras, dating back to being very flat-chested & jealous of my best friend who, when aged 12, suddenly developed enormous boobs while plank-like me looked on & sighed (& padded my bra out with cotton wool - which of course does not react well to sweaty PE lessons & tries to "creep" round edges!)
I was measured up for & purchased a "good" bra to wear at son's wedding - the darn thing was so uncomfortable I took it off at the reception (in the loo, where I deliberately left it).

Over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders?? I only wear them for modesty when going out. OH doesn't mind......
grin

Silverlining47 Thu 08-Feb-18 14:50:20

I hadn't realised how boring I'd got with my underwear! It used to be colourful and often matching (although I agree that the matching pants can be ridiculously expensive) and it was certainly admired in those days wink!
Thanks for the nudge to treat myself to some deliciously indulgent new lingerie!

Theoddbird Thu 08-Feb-18 14:30:26

Nobody sees mine except me. I love good matching underwear and buy 3 pairs of knickers for every bra. Marks & Spencer usually do 3 for price of 2 on knickers. Oh and knickers (lot of generic black ones it seems) at least 60 pair....never counted. Bras probably 15. I have to walk past Marks & Spencers....I can't resist buying. Oh they have to be proper knickers by the way...can't stand little ones....hahaha

LadyGracie Thu 08-Feb-18 14:24:34

Thank you Amma I will smile

HurdyGurdy Thu 08-Feb-18 14:03:42

I have three white bras (one on, one in the wash, one in the drawer), one black sports bra (that I can't do up!) and 12 pairs of assorted knickers

No one sees them, so I don't bother with anything fancy

kircubbin2000 Thu 08-Feb-18 14:03:31

Hundreds of pants,can't throw them out until done. The new ones I bought at m and s are too small although still marked my size.
3 bras that fit , I use an extension clip on the back. About 10 other new bras that are too tight and were bought for weddings.

MissAdventure Thu 08-Feb-18 13:50:19

My underwear is like an explosion in a jumble sale, I'm afraid. Nobody else sees them, so its comfort only. I wear some horrific mixtures blush

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 08-Feb-18 13:45:14

I'm sure that I've got more bras and pants than is strictly necessary but when did necessity come into it? I've got enough for a weeks wash and a few to spare 'just in case.' They are mostly beige or skin tone and seam free. I hate dark underwear as I don't like it showing underneath pale tops.