Gransnet forums

Chat

When did you last ‘cavort’?

(94 Posts)
NonnaW Tue 13-Feb-18 12:07:33

.... or ‘romp’, come to that? Why do the tabloids use these daft words?

Day6 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:58:05

I even had my skirt tucked into my knickers .....

Treebee Tue 13-Feb-18 19:59:21

‘Flaunt’ is another insulting journalistic term. Anyone wearing a skirt is flaunting their legs.
Maybe flaunting leads to romping and cavorting?

Jane10 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:04:35

Naturally, I have never cavorted. I don't approve of that sort of thing. wink

POGS Tue 13-Feb-18 21:15:55

The last time ' I cavorted ' I decided to give up smoking.

I've had that last packet of fags in my bedside drawer since 1978. grin

lemongrove Tue 13-Feb-18 22:06:23

Think they will be stale now POGS ! grin

I once cavorted in the sand dunes with DH, there was much writhing and moaning.......We had a picnic and I got cramp in my foot.?

Nannylovesshopping Tue 13-Feb-18 22:09:10

Have done many a cavorting romp, those were the days, a distant memory now, but oh my goodness I had fungrin

grannyqueenie Tue 13-Feb-18 22:18:20

I did wear very skimpy mini skirts back in the day well I did have the legs for it so if that’s flaunting then there probably was romping and cavorting too!

NanKate Tue 13-Feb-18 22:30:57

This past Sunday morning with my two grandsons 5 and 7. We were taking it in turns asking Alexa to play loud music whilst I got the breakfast for us all, whilst jigging along to Jerry Lee Lewis, the Beatles and the boys’ choice the Killers who IMO are dreadful. There was laughter, argy bargy and lots of fun. I am a very lucky Nan.

NanKate Tue 13-Feb-18 22:32:28

I can just picture the scene now Lemongrove ?

Jalima1108 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:47:51

If I lived near the sea I could cavort a bit more often and romp through the waves, flaunting my slim brown legs.wink

Jalima1108 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:48:48

mind you, that lot moaning in the sand dunes could be a bit off-putting
hmm

Jane10 Wed 14-Feb-18 07:09:52

grin

NfkDumpling Wed 14-Feb-18 07:20:33

Sitting here in my oversized fluffy dressing gown and slippers trying to imagine cavorting. I know I used to cavort. Quite a bit. But now it seems like just too much effort. I think the novelty wore off.

Perhaps I should have a look in the natural supplements section in Boots to see if there's any pills which would re-kindle my cavorting and romping abilities. I seem to remember I enjoyed it. I may need to get my knee replacement done first though.

MesMopTop Wed 14-Feb-18 07:31:40

I shall enquire at the local adult education centre if they offer evening courses in romping and cavorting.

NonnaW Wed 14-Feb-18 09:33:23

Just another idle thought. Should you wear a romper suit when romping?

mollie Wed 14-Feb-18 09:41:36

Well, I cavorted just before Christmas - I’d had a bottle of wine and was listening to some 70s music and just couldn’t help myself! For an hour I was 16 again! Wonderful. But I was on my own and if you tell anyone I will deny it! grin

henetha Wed 14-Feb-18 10:51:40

I think I cavorted on Monday. It was perfect weather so I drove to the seaside town I used to live in and walked along the seafront. It was so lovely and brought back so many happy memories that I had a little joyful hop and skip, sort of. Is that cavorting?

sarahellenwhitney Wed 14-Feb-18 13:44:09

Cavorting is a term used by some as two persons, although not married or having made a commitment to each other, engaged in sexual activities.
Day6. No doubt you enjoyed what ever it was you were engaged in .

lemongrove Wed 14-Feb-18 14:00:45

Oh if only the writhing and moaning were due to other things instead of cramp, I would have happy memories of sand dunes.As it is, I went right off cavorting near the beach.?
Now, I have never romped or smirked or flaunted, but there is still time!

MawBroon Wed 14-Feb-18 14:08:27

Not quite on the subject but I loved Miranda (Hart) “galloping”.
Especially the final episode of the series.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmKtC8_4_wM
Actually if you like Miranda the following clip is “Such fun” grin

Jalima1108 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:09:59

Such fun!! grin

It's what I call 'cavorting'!

Jalima1108 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:11:55

ps MawBroon that's what DGD and I were doing around the garden last time I 'cavorted'.
Well, at least she was and I was hobbling along behind, like a lame donkey.

carol58 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:18:14

Cavorting & romping? Only in places where nobody can see me! However I do like a bit of public jigging ?

dbDB77 Wed 14-Feb-18 15:14:40

Eighteen months ago with DH in a sauna in Sweden - private use, just us, so no horses were frightened ?
Fabulous cavorting - 2 naked old wrinklies & lots of laughs - but I'll say no more - don't want to put you off your tea ?

NfkDumpling Wed 14-Feb-18 15:24:07

Sarahellen - According to my dictionary cavorting is to bounce or prance around in a sprightly manner; to caper. Example: The children cavorted in the water splashing each other. No mention of naughty shenanigans of a sexual nature. Some people have a one track mind!