Gransnet forums

Chat

If it was free, what personal servant would you have?

(161 Posts)
Oopsadaisy12 Sun 18-Feb-18 16:48:26

Following on from another thread which related that the Queen has a Piper to wake her up, what would you like to have to help you out?
I think I would have a chef, healthy meals prepared for me
( they would have to do the food shop as well and be able to hide anything fattening) then when I reached my ideal weight, a loyal dressmaker.
Actually a Chauffeur might be nice too. I don’t think that one servant will be enough!

Granny23 Sun 18-Feb-18 18:39:26

I'd like a chauffeur/valet for DH. I like cooking for him as he always enjoys the food but it would be bliss to have someone to choose his clothes (he never likes anything I suggest) and dress him. Also a qualified driver to ferry him about, fix his seatbelt etc. and save me from his shouts and groans when he has to suffer my (apparently) dreadful driving.

Oopsadaisy12 Sun 18-Feb-18 18:51:53

Our DD is a masseuse so we have that one covered!

cornergran Sun 18-Feb-18 18:53:55

Shopper (for food) and chef. Someone who would rustle up a fish or veggie meal for me and meat for Mr C. Bliss.

annodomini Sun 18-Feb-18 19:25:57

Housekeeper/secretary to organise my household which is very small but sometimes defeats me; and keep my files in order. I have a bad habit of shoving things like bank statements into a drawer - after I've looked at them, of course... hmm

Bluebell123 Sun 18-Feb-18 19:35:06

I'd like a friendly woman to reorganize my wardrobe and buy all my clothes and shoes. She'd give me a casual but "with-it" look.

grannysyb Sun 18-Feb-18 21:27:54

Cleaner without a doubt! One who could do the decorating as well!

shysal Sun 18-Feb-18 21:50:59

A ruthless declutterer and a bed changer! Also Monty to cut the grass and keep it healthy.

JoyBloggs Sun 18-Feb-18 22:22:52

I'm another one lucky enough to have my own personal, live-in chef. If it weren't for DH cooking I'd probably have starved to death by now or been poisoned by the much-maligned Ready Meals... I'm not too keen on cooking, there's always something I find more enjoyable to do! Still do the odd meal now and again and don't mind making puddings, but we only have them when we've got guests.

grumppa Sun 18-Feb-18 22:55:07

Jeeves, or Bunter.

TwiceAsNice Sun 18-Feb-18 23:41:21

A personal driver and a secretary to do all the "sorting out phone calls" and paperwork that take so long

MesMopTop Mon 19-Feb-18 02:25:09

I would give anything for s shopping person. I detest it from the moment I have to find a parking space, fight with the trolley, walk round the isles looking for things whilst navigating people blocking the aisles mattering to each other or just parking their trolley sideways while they footer about. I quite enjoy it though when short people ask me to get them something from top shelves. Makes me feel good for a moment or two. Then why is it, once the groceries are offloaded onto the conveyor belt, the trolley seems to have shrunk when you go to put them back in. I just hate hate hate shopping. Then I’ve got to pack and unpack into the car and lug most of it up a flight of steps. 2 weeks ago I left a bag of steak and chicken in the boot. Found it two days later. Packets about to explode. If I could get someone to do my shopping I would even clean their bathroom in return! I like cleaning toilets and bathroom. No, shopping is my idea of hell ?

JackyB Mon 19-Feb-18 06:41:57

I wouldn't mind doing any chores myself as long as I had a masseur to loosen up my neck and shoulders. So I am in the masseur/masseuse camp already mentioned by some above.

Oopsadaisy12 Mon 19-Feb-18 06:57:23

Mesmoptop, online shopping with one of the major food stores has saved me the weekly trial of the shop, plus no last minute ‘I must buy that and that and that’ if it isn’t on the list I don’t receive it. No queues, no driving through traffic, I think they will even deliver up stairs for you. It’s been a godsend, particularly as I can’t always drive due to Vertigo problems.

travelsafar Mon 19-Feb-18 08:28:14

I would like a 'jack of all trades' this person would drive me where ever i wanted to go and never get lost. They would give me a foot massage or head massage when needed and be able to cook the most wonderful healthy meals that would lower my weight and keep it stable.

Cabbie21 Mon 19-Feb-18 08:46:24

Someone to clear up the kitchen after cooking, to tidy up, occasionally do a deep clean, run errands eg take things to recycle or to charity shops for me, file my paperwork, arrange for various tradesmen to come and wait in for them, and all the other annoying things which I put off, but especially ironing and dusting.

Charleygirl Mon 19-Feb-18 09:01:23

I am also joining the long queue for a chef. I enjoy shopping for food but he would be organising the menus so he would be doing his own shopping. If he has time maybe he could act as chauffeur.

Blinko Mon 19-Feb-18 09:26:05

A hairdresser on call whenever.

Fishpieplease Mon 19-Feb-18 10:21:06

My vote is for someone who would be available anytime I wanted for conversation. I could talk and be listened to,without me necessarily having to think about how it impacts on the other person. An occasional rant would be good. Hang on a sec, I’ve just realised something,GN!!

Grandma70s Mon 19-Feb-18 10:32:03

A chauffeur with a luxury car.

appygran Mon 19-Feb-18 10:37:43

A personal trainer and life coach for me to get me up of my a* and motivated. Oh and I'll join the que for Monty.

Oopsadaisy12 Mon 19-Feb-18 11:19:02

Sounds as though we all need a wife

Blinko Mon 19-Feb-18 11:20:02

Like it, Oopsadaisy.

henetha Mon 19-Feb-18 12:24:29

You've no idea how often I long for this! I desperately need a personal assistant to organise my life, my paperwork, my appointments, my car, my shopping....oh, just everything really.

Teetime Mon 19-Feb-18 12:28:35

DH does all household stuff and we both do our own admin and are usually on top of this. I think its a beautician/hairdresser/masseuse for me.

grandMattie Mon 19-Feb-18 12:43:00

I was going to say "just a cleaner" but you ladies have set me off...
Chauffeur definitely - although I drive, i'm not confident and eyesight is rubbish.
Frequent clean sheets is a must.
Masseur - preferably young and dishy.
Gardner - to ao the hard work. i can then swan around and be decorative [that's a real joke, if you only saw me!]
I enjoy cooking but would like the occasional one-to-one with someone like Allegra McReady or Gordon Ramsay, or especiallially Heston [unless he's too complicated].
Don't mind food shopping.
A personal shopper for my clothes, tall, stout people are not well catered for. Ditto for people with big, wide feet...
Ummm