Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrity look a like

(117 Posts)
MissAdventure Wed 28-Feb-18 15:41:10

Have you ever been told that you look like anyone famous?
Would you care to share who it is, or was?

MissAdventure Wed 28-Feb-18 22:30:57

grin grumppa

NanTheWiser Wed 28-Feb-18 22:33:14

Nanabilly, I too was told I looked like Kim Novak way back in my youth, also Monica Rose the little Cockney assistant to Hughie Green in Double Your Money.

BlueBelle Wed 28-Feb-18 22:40:46

I ve been told I look like Denise Welch personally I think it’s the short blond hair (and I don’t drink like her)

Smithy Wed 28-Feb-18 22:49:53

She's teetotal now Bluebelle!
When I was in my forties (light years ago)one or two people thought I looked like Liz Mcdonald? in Coronation Street. I think she had red curly hair and I had dark hair, but she was younger than me so I didn't mind. (I haven't watched it for 15 years)

MissAdventure Wed 28-Feb-18 22:52:41

We could have our own soap opera!

merlotgran Wed 28-Feb-18 22:59:04

In my late teens I was often told I looked like Mireille Mathieu.

MissAdventure Wed 28-Feb-18 23:01:00

Off to Google again.
Re soaps, in my teens I was like Iris from crossroads, apparently, and later on like Daphne from neighbours.
I think its the hair, although I grew it after the 'Shirley' incident.

callgirl1 Wed 28-Feb-18 23:16:16

When I was 8, I was stared at in the cinema after seeing Mandy, people thought I was Mandy Miller.

Jalima1108 Thu 01-Mar-18 00:00:34

I am feeling very despondent after reading all these.

rubysong Thu 01-Mar-18 09:36:58

Delia Smith (years ago, and according to people who worked with DH). More recently I saw a photo of Grayson Perry and it was me looking back! That was when I decided to stop colouring my hair and let nature take over. Now I just look like my late mother.

MissAdventure Thu 01-Mar-18 09:50:40

grin Grayson Perry!
My neighbour bought a yellow jumper recently, and decided to take it back as she decided she looked like Myra Hindley in it.

pen50 Thu 01-Mar-18 10:05:46

Fifteen years ago a London black taxi driver asked if I was Kate O'Mara whilst I was exiting the cab. All I can say is, if I'd known his eyesight was that bad I'd never have got in.

sue01 Thu 01-Mar-18 10:06:20

Haha. Yes I was often told I looked like Lynn Redgrave.. who was in the film Georgie Girl.

We were in a restaurant in the US with friends and a lady came up and asked "Miss Redgrave" for her autograph.

I was happy to sign... but rather let the side down as I didn't know how to spell "my" first name !!

radicalnan Thu 01-Mar-18 10:10:12

Wow, you lot are so good looking.

I was often mistaken for Mary Hopkins............

Maryp45 Thu 01-Mar-18 10:12:25

At a wedding quite a number of years ago, I was told I look like Melanie Griffiths - wouldn't mind walking out with her husband Antonio Banderas

KatyK Thu 01-Mar-18 10:18:24

When I was in my late teens, I was always being told I looked like Miss Diane from Crossroads (Susan Hanson). I used to be miffed as I thought I was much prettier grin When I was about 16, I had a Mary Quant style hair style and someone told me I looked like Paul McCartney. I wasn't sure what to make of that!

Maryp45 Thu 01-Mar-18 10:20:30

I have now changed from looking like Melanie Griffiths to looking like Dawn French as I was told recently by a teenage girl in a cafe

gillyknits Thu 01-Mar-18 10:24:23

Many, many years ago I was told that I looked like Julie Andrews!

Musicelf Thu 01-Mar-18 10:36:45

I was mistaken for Jennifer Saunders when in hospital back in the late 80s. Sadly, she's kept her cheekbones, whereas mine have vanished somewhere very distant.

My daughter used to say I looked the image of Sarah Green from Saturday morning TV, but I notice she also has kept her looks. I now look more like Philip Green..........

Craftycat Thu 01-Mar-18 10:37:46

Cher- back in the 60s mind you.
I think it was just the hair & the smoky eye makeup TBH as I have quite a small nose & my boyfriend was much nicer looking than her Sonny.
Wish I'd had her money though!

EEJit Thu 01-Mar-18 10:38:00

You think you have problems, I've been told I look like Harold Shipman, and that came from my own brother.

HannahLoisLuke Thu 01-Mar-18 10:43:42

Ive been told many times over the years, and am still, that I look like Joanna Lumley, and one of my sons friends said I looked like Joni Mitchell
Happy with either if those.
My ex has often been likened to Steven Fry and to the policeman in Allo, Allo.

MissAdventure Thu 01-Mar-18 10:47:51

EEjit grin grin
A friend told one of my exes that he looked exactly like Fred West in a family portrait photo.

valeriej43 Thu 01-Mar-18 10:51:12

I was once mistaken in a supermarket [a very long time ago] for someone in Coronation street, cant even remember her name, but she was small and blonde and usually wore a shiny raincoat type of coat,had a very lancashire accent
A woman came up to me and said,"is it or isnt" i just had to laugh and say it isnt it,mentioning the name of this person
Also was told once i looked like Goldi Hawn

caocao Thu 01-Mar-18 10:59:29

In my late teens and twenties, whenever I wore my hair pulled back from my face I would often be told that I looked like Grace Kelly. Needless to say I was always very flattered and rather chuffed!