Gransnet forums

Chat

Am going i into a decline???

(7 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 18-Mar-18 11:50:43

since last October i have had a bleed behind the eye which has left me with floaters, plus i was told i had cataracts forming in both eyes.In Novemeber whne i went on holiday i developed sciatica which to this day stil causes me proble,ms. In Feb i had toothache and was told i had an inflamation under one of my back double teeth so was given antibiotics to take, for the last week have been back on antibiotics for the same problem in the same tooth. In between all this i had a streaming cold too. To top it all yesterday i realised i have been driving illeagally as my MOT had run out. It seems to have been one thing after the other is this a sign i am getting old???

OldMeg Sun 18-Mar-18 11:55:25

travelsafar time only moves forward!

Look on it like this, things can only get better....surely?

Here’s a bunch of flowers ???????to make you feel better

Nonnie Sun 18-Mar-18 12:00:34

NO! Life just throws a lot of rubbish at us all in one go. I can relate to some of those problems, I had floaters and they went away in their own time. I had an abscess under a tooth which flared up three times before eventually going away. I was told I had slow growing cataracts about 5 years ago but at my recent eye test was told they will probably never get bad enough for an operation. We all get colds.

So there you are, I've narrowed it down to sciatica. Sorry can't help with the MOT, that must be down to you having such a wonderfully interesting life that you missed out on the minutiae of day to day things! grin

Stansgran Sun 18-Mar-18 12:09:23

I have had large floaters in the past but our wonderful Sunderland Eye Infirmary said that they would not go away but my brain would eventually allow me to ignore them. When I have an eye test I can still see them on the screen but I rarely see them in real life if you see what I mean.
Sorry for all your other problems . Mots are a nuisance and ours always seem to be booked and then it snows.

henetha Sun 18-Mar-18 12:10:30

No, you're not getting old. Life is a challenge at times.
You will rise to the challenge and life will get better soon.
Good luck. wine

travelsafar Sun 18-Mar-18 12:11:27

smile Nonnie nice to know i am not alone in my times of trouble. Your post made me smile, thank you. Old Meg thanks for the flowers.

Luckygirl Sun 18-Mar-18 12:25:38

Challenge indeed - that is what this stage of life is all about. thank goodness we have the NHS to pick up the pieces a bit. Don't despair - spring is round the corner - I know...it is meant to BE here now!!