(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 04-Apr-18 16:18:57

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company

Welcome to all our friends...

callgirl1 Mon 23-Apr-18 18:06:03

Afternoon/evening all.
After being delighted st the news of the new royal baby, my 2nd great grandson was born at 1.15pm today. Max Grant Harrop weighed in at 7lbs.9oz, almost 2 weeks early. His dad, my grandson Mitch, sounded absolutely delighted when he rang me!
This morning I visited my friend`s widower, and managed to get a photo of my little mate Baby just as she walked down from my shoulder. Isn`t she cute?

annodomini Mon 23-Apr-18 18:06:38

ann, Social Services (or do they call themselves 'Adult Services these days?) need a kick up where the sun don't shine. You might like to refer to a local councillor who is up for re-election and tell them that your vote depends on their response and action.
For info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockport_Metropolitan_Borough_Council_election,_2018#Hazel_Grove

Galen Mon 23-Apr-18 19:36:51

My cleaner Kate has been informed by Wessex water that manhole is non pc. They are people holes!!

cornergran Mon 23-Apr-18 20:05:31

Sorry galen, I just laughed at that, for goodness sake, what next?

Congratulations to you all callgirl, an exciting day.

ann, I’m another in the words fail me camp. Please, please keep nagging until you get something helpful.

Hello westiegran: good to hear from you. Apologies, no cake from me, all a bit manic here, so minimal cooking is occurring.

soop you are very welcome to my share of any type of gin, it disagrees with me so I’m happy to pass on it.

Oh dear, don’t know what’s been happening in outer GN maw and kitty, whatever it is don’t dwelll on it. Onwards and upwards.

Seriously weary now so feet up time. Apologies to those I may have ignored, it’s not deliberate.

Charleygirl Mon 23-Apr-18 22:24:34

callgirl I love your friend and congratulations with a new baby.

I have never tasted gin in my life so if anybody would like my share please feel free.

I thought that outer GN was all games but obviously not if Maw was hurt.

MawBroon Mon 23-Apr-18 23:18:54

Congratulations callgirl - lovely news! ??
All I can say is that you were clearly a child bride!

callgirl1 Mon 23-Apr-18 23:52:24

Flattery will get you everywhere Maw, but thank you anyway!
So sorry, I`ve been a bit ignorant of others today, will try harder tomorrow.
In the meantime, a pic of the new baby.

Charleygirl Tue 24-Apr-18 08:09:44

Another gorgeous baby- I am losing track between the beautiful dogs and babies. The baby owners need not be afraid their baby maybe borrowed but the dog and cat owners should definitely be on the lookout as Tara is little more than a lodger, bed, breakfast and evening meal and in to bed for cuddles later.

annsixty Tue 24-Apr-18 08:25:56

Congratulations to you and your family caĺlgirl a lovely boy.
I Wonder if babies born on the same day as a Royal get a momento.
Charlotte is a real popper but George is such a serious little boy, either shy or sulky? I hope it is the former.

I am off downstairs now to face the day, my S did the "early shift" ?

MawBroon Tue 24-Apr-18 08:26:12

Very sweet ???!

harrigran Tue 24-Apr-18 09:02:29

Congratulations on the new arrival.
My cousin's GS had his photograph in the newspaper, he was born at 9am yesterday on his due date.

annodomini Tue 24-Apr-18 09:26:16

Congratulations callgirl on your new grandson. May your Max be as robust as ours!

soop Tue 24-Apr-18 13:10:39

Charleyg I shall ask him at the weekend. smile

soop Tue 24-Apr-18 13:20:20

callgirl1 Max is a handsome baby boy. I love the dimpled chin. Hearty congratulations to all concerned. flowers

Care home visit was less fraught today. I held a lengthy conversation with a new resident. She appeared to have lost a ticket and was getting agitated. I believe that, as we chatted about all manner of other things, the conversation took her mind off the lost ticket. M was convinced that a plane was about to land just across the loch. The fire alarm drill took her mind off what would have been a precarious landing! hmm

Doodle Tue 24-Apr-18 13:24:27

Congrats callgirl. Lovely photo. Babies (and children) bring such joy to the world.

Hope your DS is doing his bit annsixty. Sounds as though he is and hope it helps you.

NanaandGrampy Tue 24-Apr-18 14:31:53

Afternoon the Kitchen !!

I can see I have some catching up to do - but first congratulations Callgirl on Max's safe arrival. He really should at least get a certificate on arriving on the same day as the young prince. Smashing picture- I love the knowing look a new-born gives you - like I've been here before lets get on with it !!

I love Baby!! What sort of bird is it?

noooooooooo Galen ...whatever next ?

Welcome Westiegran - is that because you're from the West or have a Westie? If its the later, pictures are always welcome and watch out for Charleygirl who is a bit of a dog napper on the quiet !!

Its all quiet here - the painters have gone , the renderers ( is that right ????) have gone , the electrician has gone. Its lovely to have some breathing space.

This is our new sparkly white outside and our new , but pretty empty lounge and dining room.

Sam is feeling a bit sorry for himself today after a visit to the vets yesterday ( so is Grampy but to be fair that's the £62 bill for eye drops we could have purchased in the chemist for a £5) !! Sam has conjunctivitis and when you don't have opposable thumbs its hard to rub your eyes when they itch so much. So we humans are doing our bit with cotton pads dipped in cool , boiled water.

Hopefully a day or so of the VERY expensive drops and he will be as right as rain ( and Grampy might even have recovered !)

MawBroon Tue 24-Apr-18 14:42:42

Looking lovely (and very tidy) N&G but I dare say a quick visit from the DGCs will soon sort that!

Charleygirl Tue 24-Apr-18 15:14:55

N&G I am so jealous, your house is immaculate inside and out- I do hope that you feel it was well worth the effort and expense. As long as Sam is happy I am also. Poor young man with conjuctivitis- please do not forget to finish the course and do not stop just because his eyes look better. I can understand that Grampy needs a lie down, that bill is horrendous.

My house permanently looks as though I have been burgled and I do not have any GC.

soop Tue 24-Apr-18 16:01:01

Lovely photos. Thank you N&G

Maw I am amused. The cartoon says it all.

Teddy has had his two month photo shoot...

cornergran Tue 24-Apr-18 16:05:27

Love your home N&g, my sort of colours. I've been in tidying mode today, Granny detail is at their home later so if I can persuade Mr C, aka the squirrel, there is nothing he needs to bring in and consider for a day or two it may stay that way. Of course the items under consideration sometimes just disappear. Nothing to do with me grin

Oh dear, time to go, I sometimes remember the structure of paid work with fondness smile.

callgirl1 Tue 24-Apr-18 17:01:20

Lovely Teddy photos. When`s the get together Soop? I seem to remember it being very soon.
N&G, how sparkling white your house looks, to anyone who didn`t know it would appear brand new! I wish mine was as tidy inside, my daughters say it`s because I have too much "stuff", but I`m not a hoarder, honest, just don`t like getting rid if something`s got life left in it! That was a bit steep for eye drops, hope they give Sam some relief, I`ve had conjunctivitus, it`s not nice, bless him. I`m not sure exactly what Baby is, just that she`s some sort of parrot, but a small one. She does a brilliant impression of the phone ringing, and always wolf whistles when she`s on my hand.
Here`s another Max photo, this time without the woolly hat, they went home today.

Charleygirl Tue 24-Apr-18 17:18:38

"corner" you have been intimating that between granny duties and sunbathing in the garden in May life maybe easier. Maybe you could take a trip here around mid May and help me de-clutter please? Mr. C can look after your abode, cut grass and do the stuff that men do.

Teddy does look proud to be 8 weeks old. his mum is probably on her knees but he looks a happy young man.

Max is gorgeous and is happy sleeping. Two who definitely like cuddles I think. Teddy is a little character and a few weeks down the line we will see the real Max.

soop Tue 24-Apr-18 17:49:04

callgirl1 Friday!!! The photo of Max minus his hat is adorable. Such a beautiful head of hair.

It's sunny. It's calm and I'm buzzing with anticipation. It's a grannie thing.

N&G I also like your colour scheme. Very restful. By George, those eye drops were awfully expensive. I trust that you have pet insurance. Our Rory (bless his paddy paws) together with his wifelet and two daughters cost us a pretty penny but they were soooooooo worth it.

MacSporran has had a new tyre fitted (on the car). A bit more to add to the garage bill. hmm

Ironing duty in the morning. I shall catch up once I return home. I'm still thinking of ann and her husband. Please may they be coping as well as can be expected. They've had such a tough time and need to feel more hopeful.

Good night dear Granspals. smile moon

callgirl1 Tue 24-Apr-18 22:32:11

I went to meet Max tonight. He seems so TINY, yet he was 7lbs 9oz, so my 2 eldest, who were 5lbs 10oz and 5lbs 15oz respectively, must have been really small. He`s gorgeous! You must be getting really excited now Soop, how are you going to contain yourself till Friday?

cornergran Tue 24-Apr-18 23:10:33

Max certainly is gorgeous callgirl. In case I don’t get back, sending you every good wish there is for your family get together , soop. Have a wonderful time.

Don’t tempt me charlie, I just love sorting and clearing, or i do when it’s finished and I can admire the result. I’m sure there are tablets for it grin.

Think that’s my last visit until the weekend. Take care everyone.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion