Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy heart....

(35 Posts)
Katek Sun 15-Apr-18 10:58:05

I was building Lego models yesterday with dgs aged 4 when out of the blue a little voice said “I love you Nanny.”

One full and happy heart, what more could I ask for.

SillyNanny321 Mon 16-Apr-18 15:38:11

My lovely 6 year old, now 7, gave me a hug saying Goodnight Nanny I love You. Then a kiss & off to bed leaving me with happy tears.

gerry86 Mon 16-Apr-18 16:17:29

A couple of years ago I was at my daughter's house and my grandson, then eight, for no reason came up to and put gave me the biggest hug, it was so lovely.

Granless Mon 16-Apr-18 18:35:24

Oh how I would love some grandchildren - just ☝️ would do - I live in hope.

Chewbacca Mon 16-Apr-18 18:50:46

My DS and family have been on holiday for the Easter holidays and returned at the weekend so I popped round to see them. 5 year DVD handed me a little letter, written on rainbow stationery, that said "Dear Granny, we had a lovely holiday. I love you lots. Love Gxxxxx". And sealed with a big heart and kisses. grin think my heart will burst!

Nanny41 Mon 16-Apr-18 20:50:58

I am feeling honoured to be able to take my seventeen year old Grandson and his friend, to the UK for a week in the summer, before we knew his friend could come with us I asked if he wouldnt mind if it was just him and me, he said " no Granmda, we always have fun" My heart melted. I know the three of us will have fun, and make memories.

Overthehills Mon 16-Apr-18 21:24:28

My 6 year old DGD always gives lots of hugs and kisses and “I love you” messages. DGS aged 5 is not affectionate to anyone but his parents. So when he came and held my hand in both of his because it was cold my heart melted. smile

Legs55 Mon 16-Apr-18 21:45:41

DGS1 (8 yeas old) will for no reason suddenly come up to me & say I love you Nan & give me a hug, can't wait for DGS2 (10 months old) to do the same. No feeling like it smile

MagicWriter2016 Tue 17-Apr-18 19:01:01

How dull our lives would be without our grandchildren, they bring so much fun and love into our lives.

DanniRae Sat 21-Apr-18 16:59:18

Oh dear I knew I shouldn't have read this thread because I have 3 grown up children but NO GRANDCHILDREN yet and so all your beautiful stories have made me cry sad
But I am really happy for you all and always remember my mum saying that there is no love like the love you feel for your grandchildren.
I live in hope..............!!