Gransnet forums

Chat

what are you up to this afternoon while the football is on

(33 Posts)
travelsafar Sat 21-Apr-18 12:02:18

My sister and I are off to a local town to the Market held there twice a week.They have a fab habadasry stall and we both want to buy knitting and crochet yarns. We have promised ourselves a visit to a newly opened Italian Ice Cream parlour for a treat as well. Going on the bus so we dont have to worry about parking and car park fees. Plus of course we can natter and catch up without worrying about watching the road!!! Mind you, we have seen each other three times this week already but we always have something to chat about!!!!!

kittylester Sat 21-Apr-18 12:05:01

I'm on a flower arranging course. But, our football is on TV this evening so I obviously didn't think it through properly!!

Enjoy your afternoon!

lemongrove Sat 21-Apr-18 12:08:36

Not entirely sure yet, but DH is in front of the tv already waiting for football, he can watch any amount of ‘pundits’ and finds it all fascinating.grin
It’s hot here, and we have done most of the outside chores already, so may sit in the garden, I have a couple of good books to read.

Panache Sat 21-Apr-18 12:10:00

I shall be as far away from any talk or show of football as I can be!!
Would simply love to sit out in the warm sunshine if truth be told,but too many tales to tell..........and scars to show......from skin cancer (BBC`s) so that is sadly out of the question.
So its a case of a leisurely stroll perhaps but duly well covered up though simply dying to get some colour on my ashen cheeks!

pensionpat Sat 21-Apr-18 12:19:49

I'm running a Tombola at an event for St Georges Day. All proceeds to First Responders. DH helping me although normally he would be watching any sport.

ginny Sat 21-Apr-18 12:28:36

What football ?

travelsafar Sat 21-Apr-18 12:33:25

Something to do with the FA cup later on, Spurs and Man united and Liverpool this afternoon. Too much for me in one day!!! lol.

Alima Sat 21-Apr-18 12:34:45

Do you mean the usual Saturday matches or the FA Cup semi final today travels? Only watch the results normally, my side is rarely shown down here in exile. May watch some of the Man U v Tottenham match later if I haven’t got something better to do.

tanith Sat 21-Apr-18 12:52:33

BBQ with OH who will be glued to the Tottenham match so I guess I'll be in charge, DD and GD

ninathenana Sat 21-Apr-18 12:56:40

Fortunately my men are mostly interested in ? Unless Arsenal are playing........but that's another story after yesterdays news.
I will be rock painting and hiding, there is a local group with an FB page to post finds. H is in his workshop playing with wood.

Greyduster Sat 21-Apr-18 13:15:12

DH will be listening to their match on the radio this afternoon. He has been toiling manfully in the garden this morning so I don’t begrudge him taking over the conservatory with his hissy radio! I have decided that, as I have not picked up my fly rod since October, a little casting practice on grass is in order to get my timing up to speed as the reservoir is calling to me! ??

NotAGran55 Sat 21-Apr-18 13:20:01

I will be listening to the football on the radio at 3pm as I always do when my team are playing away . I will be praying for a win as they are not safe this season from relegation sad

margrete Sat 21-Apr-18 13:43:34

What football?

Chinesecrested Sat 21-Apr-18 13:52:56

Sorting out the garden ready for BBQs a bit later in the season. OH doing the heavy work, grass cutting and pruning. Me planting out the seedlings in pots and planters. I made the lunch and he did the washing up. Might even have a snooze onthe sunbed! Oh to be in England now that summer's here :-)

Katek Sat 21-Apr-18 14:43:22

Fortunately dh doesn’t ‘do’ football...yay!! Off to visit DD1 and family and scrounge a cuppa.

Situpstraight Sat 21-Apr-18 14:50:32

I’m surrounded bypackets of Steroids and inhalers trying to breathe and get up enough strength to keep hold of this iPad.

Menopaws Sat 21-Apr-18 15:05:00

My husband on a stag do heaven forbid so no football on here, the worst that will happen is cricket with my son and if I don't like it I will stick headphones in

Jalima1108 Sat 21-Apr-18 15:05:09

What football? grin

There seems to be snooker on our tv, [boring] hence I am on here.

Teetime Sat 21-Apr-18 15:20:04

DH will be watching his team (Spurs) at 5 ish and I am going to eventually sit here with You Tube on trying to crack crochet squares!! Can go anywhere anyway with my foot.

annsixty Sat 21-Apr-18 16:03:21

Well last Saturday I was reading while my H watched the football, I went in to check on him and he had had a stroke, so missed the second half.
He came home yesterday and is looking forward to today's match, although frankly he doesn't know who is playing or actually what day it is.
What a difference a week makes.

Teetime Sat 21-Apr-18 16:17:48

annsixty I am so sorry to hear that. I do hope he makes a good recovery and that you both get some help and support.

Marmight Sat 21-Apr-18 16:22:32

Ann shock
I'm lying on my newly acquired daybed in the conservatory resting up ready for a very busy week ahead. Listening to Classic FM, Googling outdoor furniture and curtain material and munching on grapes ? ...?

grannyactivist Sat 21-Apr-18 16:36:18

Today is National Care Home Open Day so I spent today at work (I'm a Chaplain for a local care home) enjoying the festivities. There was live music, a barbecue, a wonderful buffet - free flowing wine, Pimms, tea and coffee - and a lovely festive atmosphere. The youngest present was a four week old baby and the eldest is a hundred and three. One of the residents shares the same birthdate at the Queen so the local MP and newspaper called in for a photo opp.
I've now arrived home to have a cup of tea before family arrive for an early dinner. Tonight my beloved mother-in-law is directing her final big production before retiring from choral work and as many members of the family as can make it are dining here before going along to the concert. Afterwards we're having our own mini celebration at a local hotel. No football in our house today.

DanniRae Sat 21-Apr-18 16:39:50

I will probably start watching the football with my husband - his team Chelsea are in the semi finals tomorrow - but if he gets too irate and loud I will give up and come on here.
So I may see you all later!! hmm

Blinko Sat 21-Apr-18 16:53:12

What football??