Gransnet forums

Chat

Devon meet up

(53 Posts)
grannyactivist Sat 28-Apr-18 19:24:33

Thought I'd start a new threat in case anyone else would like to join us for a meet up in Exeter on May 14th at 12.30pm at The Mill On The Exe. So far we have:
grannyactivist
SpringyChicken
Bathsheba
barbriam
The venue is quite close to Exeter St David’s Railway Station and the menu is quite varied, from soup or a sandwich to something more substantial. millontheexe.com/wp-content/uploads/MillOnTheExe_WinterMenu_v9-1.pdf

kezia Wed 20-Jun-18 18:41:35

I've put it in my diary - lunch?

Bathsheba Thu 19-Jul-18 13:49:41

Did anyone actually go to this? I completely forgot about it blush

Bamm Mon 30-Jul-18 10:28:44

I live very near Exeter, any more meet ups planned?

kathsue Mon 30-Jul-18 12:15:22

Couldn't make the last one but I would like to meet up sometime.

Marmight Sun 05-Aug-18 17:59:27

I'm in Exmouth quite frequently. It'd be good if I could synchronise a future meeting in Exeter. Would be good to catch up with GA again. Is Oldgreymare still on GN and Maniac?
I'll keep an eye out for dates

Meta Sun 02-Sep-18 10:21:36

Hello - just wondering did anyone around Exeter meet up? Are there more planned?

grannyactivist Sun 02-Sep-18 21:45:39

No - sorry - it had completely slipped my mind.

Anyone got a date in mind? When are you next in Exmouth Marmight?

Marmight Mon 03-Sep-18 20:38:18

Probably not until October now. Possibly friday 19th .... I was there a lot during the summer on GP duty so taking a rest! September is fairly booked up . If you decide on a date I could possibly work round it .

grannyactivist Mon 03-Sep-18 23:02:34

Friday 19th suits me Marmight. The Wonderful Man will be in a remote African township then so I may need something to distract me. hmm smile

Marmight Sat 06-Oct-18 17:13:19

GA are you still up for a meeting on the 19th? Anyone else interested?

grannyactivist Sat 06-Oct-18 23:52:34

Yes, that's still fine Marmight - I've marked the date in my diary and shall look forward to it.

grannyactivist Mon 15-Oct-18 00:30:26

Okay - so it's only me and Marmight for our meet up so far. The plan is to get together this coming Friday (19th) and I'm happy to meet in either Exeter or Exmouth.

Marmight Mon 15-Oct-18 08:59:04

If its just the 2 of us and you can manage Exmouth, that would be great. I'm planning to drive there friday morning hopefully arriving 11.30 ish depending on M4/5 traffic ..
If others decide to join us in the meantime, I can stop off in Exeter.

grannyactivist Mon 15-Oct-18 09:21:15

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me Marmight. smile
Any others want to join us?

grannyactivist Mon 15-Oct-18 14:09:33

Bump

Persistentdonor Wed 23-Jan-19 18:28:14

Calling any Grans in the Torbay area.
If you want to join us on Tuesday 5th February at the Paignton Library coffee shop, we'll be there from 11:00 ish for a couple of hours.

It's great that the Exeter meet up group continues to thrive. flowers

grannyactivist Thu 24-Jan-19 13:50:09

I'm not in the Paignton area, but I see the train station is only a couple of minutes away from your meeting place, so I'll do my best to join you, barring emergencies.

Atqui Thu 24-Jan-19 14:00:08

I didn’t know the Exeter group still existed. I went a few years ago

Marmight Thu 24-Jan-19 20:29:35

Don't think it does Atqui. I remember meeting you, Ariadne, GA, Maniac, Grannylin, Oldgreymare and others? at the Old Mill about 5 years ago. GA and I met for a very pleasant tea in November, there being no other interested parties! I only 'do' Devon meetups as my DD lives in Exmouth although I have travelled in the past from Scotland and now from North Wiltshire! Exeter seems a pretty central and convenient place for those in the south Devon area to meet ......

Atqui Fri 25-Jan-19 18:50:53

Goodness! Was it that long ago? It was a good place to meet.

henetha Mon 28-Jan-19 10:26:00

Persistentdonor... Hi. I lived in Torquay for 50 years, but am now the other side of Newton Abbot. I would love to be allowed to join in your meeting in Paignton on 5th February and hope to do so. Trouble is, my grandaughter is coming over from Ireland that very week for 5 days, so this is a problem. Nevertheless, I will try to make it.

Miep1 Mon 28-Jan-19 14:21:57

Unfortunately getting to Paignton for me means about 3 hours on two buses, so rather impractical for me in my chair; I'd need to leave at 7am to get there! And then back again. It's only about 8 miles too - quite possibly less.

henetha Tue 29-Jan-19 10:21:41

Miepl Perhaps I could pick you up? Would you be able to get into my ordinary hatchback car alright? And could the chair go in the boot ok? I'll be driving from the other side of Newton Abbot to Paignton, so are you along that way somewhere? I will gladly collect you if that helps.
As I said, my grandaughter is here next week. She arrives on Sunday 3rd, so I will chat to her about our schedule and hope to keep Tuesday free.

grannyactivist Mon 04-Feb-19 20:36:20

Just checking that the meeting in Paignton tomorrow is still going ahead? I don't want to arrive only to find I'm in a group of one! grin

grannyactivist Tue 05-Feb-19 19:02:50

I'm happy to say that it was great to meet up with some other Gransnetters today - and I was very relieved to find that I wasn't alone after all. smile