Gransnet forums

Chat

Culture

(28 Posts)
Rufus2 Sun 29-Apr-18 06:40:35

Good Afternoon:
Tired of all the nonsense in other threads concerning knickers, tits and boobs? grin
Wishing to enjoy your cultural side?
I recommend beautiful, soothing music.
Open Google, type "Max Raabe" (without the quotes) in the search box, Enter and select the YouTube option.
You then see a drop-down cascade of thumbnail videos and away you go.!
Many of you may already be on to this; I'm not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, but I've only found this recently and I'm captivated. It's on all the time whilst I'm wrestling with other computer matters; very soothing and excellent therapy.
For the record; Max is German, sings mostly in English and German: word-perfect with perfect diction and his 12-piece orchestra plays mostly the old favourites such as "Singing in the Rain, Cheek to Cheek, J'attendrai", etc etc.
Marvellous! If you like light tuneful music you'll be captivated too.

Good Health

Rufus2 Tue 01-May-18 13:47:32

And who remembers Sir Les Patterson, Australia's Cultural Attache
Thank you all for your contributions! smile
And of course sparkly1000. remiss of me to omit Sir Les., Cultural attache to the Court of St James, and also not to forget his sidekick, Dame Edna. grin
Together with Benny hill (Bless him) and Frankie Howard they would have made a wonderful quartet of cultural icons. grin grin

An update; I believe Fosters is not as popular as it once was with the barby drinks trolley likely to contain more up market refreshments such as Chardonnay and Shiraz. confused
That ubiquitous Aussie icon, the bush fly, however, is still ever present. angry

Good Health wine wine

Jalima1108 Tue 01-May-18 20:41:56

sparkly, funny you should say that - I was thinking about old Sir Les as I went out this morning - too late to post! grin

I tried a very acceptable little Australian Riesling the other day here in the UK - made a lovely change from yer actual Chardonnay!