Gransnet forums

Chat

What does this say about me?

(25 Posts)
GabriellaG Sun 06-May-18 01:40:21

Never mind a piece of Mars, last week I had a whole Milky Way. grin

Day6 Sat 05-May-18 16:34:06

Surely anyone with a Mars bar would have eaten it all up not kept a bit in their pocket

newnanny, I am guilty of putting those little chocolate mints they give you in Indian restaurants into my bag, to have 'later on.' Then I forget about them and some weeks later discover a crushed and very messy chocolate mint with sticky cream filling all over my purse, keys, mirror etc. I never learn.

I am now imagining a melted and crushed bit of Mars bar in his breast pocket. shock

Legs55 Sat 05-May-18 16:11:14

I love the image this conjures up, I would image Mars (bar) would melt on a day like today whereas a piece of Mars......

For me heaven is ginger encrusted in dark chocolate, or dark chocolate with anythingsmile a lovely cup of coffee & a sea view

newnanny Sat 05-May-18 13:02:41

I agree with Teetime. Surely anyone with a Mars bar would have eaten it all up not kept a bit in their pocket.

Oldwoman70 Sat 05-May-18 12:16:53

So pleased for you GrannyGravy envy.

I am sitting in my conservatory overlooking fields with a small wood in the distance - too early for wine but am about to make myself some lunch.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 05-May-18 11:35:13

Well folks, I am on a sun lounger overlooking the Mediterranean at the moment. All this talk of wine and food has made me hungry/thirsty so I am going to toddle off to the restaurant for lunch (with wine of course) and enjoy the view. Unfortunately I am on holiday and this is not a permanent view.

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 12:55:28

Ok, so it’s to the beach, with wine, Tyrrels crisps, bars of Galaxy, flakes and Cadbury’s whole nut, olives, cheese and crusty bread!

Someone else will have to carry the blankets and cutlery, because I’m overloaded......

If you want to paddle bring your own towels.

Oldwoman70 Fri 04-May-18 12:25:22

Sounds good to me Situpstraight!

kittylester Fri 04-May-18 12:12:13

I do hope there is a planet called Flake or Cadbury's Whole Nut!

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 11:34:50

So, it’s a day at the beach, with wine, crisps and chocolate.
I’m sure I can carry, olives , Cheese and crusty bread.

Sounds good to me.

Teetime Fri 04-May-18 11:31:02

Wine is both fruit and an antiseptic therefore as I am post surgical and not currently eating either Mars or Galaxy I feel my case is made.
PS wouldn't mind a few Tyrells though

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 11:29:23

oldwoman as far as I’m concerned Sea is Sea, tide in or out , it’ll do!
BTW if you stick to your crisps I won’t have to fight you over the Galaxy.

Oldwoman70 Fri 04-May-18 11:20:32

Situpstraight I am only 17 miles from the sea (well Bristol channel) unfortunately the "tide" is usually "out" !

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 10:25:47

oldwoman you bring the crisps then, I’ll rustle up some cheese and we can have a gossip.

mind you, I’m still about 80 miles short of a sea view.

henetha Fri 04-May-18 10:23:28

What this says about you is that you've got your priorites right. grin

Oldwoman70 Fri 04-May-18 10:23:09

Situpstraight you are describing my ideal evening - except the Galaxy would be replaced by a packet of crisps!

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 10:20:57

Oh my, a glass of wine, a good book or film and a bar of Galaxy , all I need now is a view of the sea and I’ll be a very (hic ! ) happy bunny....

annodomini Fri 04-May-18 10:18:16

That set me thinking about a Galaxy...or two.

OldMeg Fri 04-May-18 10:01:20

I prefer Milky Way.

Panache Fri 04-May-18 10:01:01

Behave yourself Situp.........`tis only early morning.......leave the wine well alone!!!

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 09:56:24

* Teetime* it’s a bit like ‘leftover wine’ whatever that is....

Teetime Fri 04-May-18 09:08:16

I amazed that anyone could have just a piece of Mars- I'm inclined to eat the whole things straight off.

Panache Fri 04-May-18 09:05:26

Well he was obviously making sure he would not get peckish whilst droning on about the Planet Mars!!
The things we sometimes mis read eh?

Situpstraight Fri 04-May-18 09:00:17

Well, in your defence he might have had both in his pocket.
Nothing like a piece of Mars Bar to snack on whilst clutching a piece of Mars rock, just be careful which one you bite into!

Oldwoman70 Fri 04-May-18 08:54:19

Local radio are advertising a programme they are doing over the weekend about the scientist Colin Pillinger. In an excerpt someone says that the first time he met Colin he had a piece of Mars in his pocket - my immediate thought - what was he doing carrying around a piece of a chocolate bar! blush