Gransnet forums

Chat

Mammogram recall

(29 Posts)
Jane2018 Thu 17-May-18 09:13:49

Good morning ladies. I am new to the forum and am hoping that some of you can offer me some words of wisdom to get me off the ceiling ! I am 55 years old. Three years ago I had my first mammogram and was recalled for further images. I was fortunate and extremely lucky. It turned out that due to HRT (having a horrendous menopause) my breast tissue was denser. I left the clinic relieved. I was also told that it is quite normal to be recalled after a first mammogram as they have nothing to compare with. My second mammogram was two weeks ago (three yearly check). Yesterday a letter came through the letterbox and I have been recalled again. This time I am EXTREMELY worried as I know they do have previous images to compare this set with. My appointment is tomorrow and I can’t help but think that due to the quickness of the appointment there must be something terribly wrong. I haven’t slept and am extremely anxious. I DO suffer from extreme anxiety and this situation is certainly not helping. Sorry for the long long post !!

Anannymous Fri 18-May-18 08:44:15

Hello Jane. 2018, thinking of you today with fingers firmly crossed for a good outcome.

Lilypops Fri 18-May-18 08:55:36

I found a lump one week ago , I made an appointment to see my GP, who referred me to the Breast Clinic , with BC being in the family I was so scared, worried, I had my appointment yesterday, in that 4hour appointment , I had an ultrasound, 2mammograms and a biopsy , the consultant is almost positive that it is a fatty cyst , but I go back next week for the results, I cannot rate the NHS highly enough , everyone was so kind and caring, so don't worry , most of the posts on here say the recalls were benign , and I hope yours is too Jane 2018, At least you have found it early , Good luck ? Love n hugs x

annodomini Fri 18-May-18 09:40:00

I hope all goes well for you today Jane2018. I've been there and was one of the lucky ones, as you were last time. It turned out to be a very small cyst and promptly disappeared.
sunshine