Gransnet forums

Chat

Ruby anniversary gift

(16 Posts)
mywishingquotes Thu 25-Apr-19 10:36:50

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

JessK Fri 19-Apr-19 21:47:11

Do they like red wine? A case of a good wine might be an idea. Or a wine tasting experience.

lemongrove Fri 19-Apr-19 21:26:09

This is an old thread btw.

Septimia Fri 19-Apr-19 20:37:43

My best friend sent us a voucher for a hot air balloon ride - something we wouldn't have booked for ourselves.
Unfortunately we never got off the ground because of the weather and after a couple of years of us trying to book and having it cancelled, the balloon company gave up doing the trips. However, the voucher company gave us the credit and we booked two other activities that we wouldn't otherwise have done and really enjoyed them.

phoenix Fri 19-Apr-19 20:10:25

Is that post from "mywishingquotes" advertising?

Tangerine Fri 19-Apr-19 20:07:20

Vouchers for the theatre or restaurant. Depends on their interests.

mywishingquotes Fri 19-Apr-19 18:00:41

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

strangebrew52 Tue 05-Jun-18 10:54:18

The pet ideas are great, Cherrytree59 and Shysal. Could be the small injection of humour needed for these formal kinds of events!

Cherrytree59 Mon 04-Jun-18 17:40:00

Hi Strangebrew
Do they have any pets?
My sister had lovely painting of her two English springers for her 25th anniversary.

Our lovely Soop in Soops kitchen is a talented animal artistwink

shysal Mon 04-Jun-18 16:25:36

If you wanted a picture with a difference, it is possible to have personalised caricatures done from photos, to include pets and/or interests. We used to have them done for work leaving presents. Some were hilarious. The link is an example only, lots of choice on Google search.
christophermurphy.co.uk/caricatures-from-photos/

strangebrew52 Mon 04-Jun-18 10:18:48

Thank you! All such lovely ideas - wouldn't have thought of any of these myself. I especially like Gagagrans's idea about a painted picture!

Gagagran Mon 04-Jun-18 09:52:12

I had a painting done by a member of a local art group of a Yorkshire landscape very dear to my parents for their golden wedding. They had retired to the Isle of Man so were delighted to have picture to remind them of "home".

I contacted the art group organiser and asked if any of the group did commissions and a nice chap came to see me and showed me examples of his work. It wasn't too pricey either.

crystaltipps Mon 04-Jun-18 09:43:27

If there are a few of you in the family you could all get together and have a professional group photo taken, maybe all wearing something red. You could get it framed for them.

shysal Mon 04-Jun-18 09:40:39

I know it is all a big con, but I named a star for my parents on their golden anniversary. They were thrilled and loved the framed certificate and map showing 'their' star. You could give it a ruby-themed name.

crystaltipps Mon 04-Jun-18 09:25:38

How about one of those companies that send a bouquet every month for a year? You could specify seasonal red flowers.

strangebrew52 Mon 04-Jun-18 09:18:58

Morning everyone,

I'm in dire need of ideas for a ruby wedding anniversary gift. Want to steer clear of the standard crystal/rose bushes/personalised jewellery as they've already got enough 'stuff' and I'd like to get something really unique as it's my sister and her DH.

Any ideas would be wonderful. Thanks!