Gransnet forums

Chat

Does this damage children

(178 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 15-Jun-18 11:17:11

A headmistress of a junior school has written to parents telling them videoing school sports is forbidden, parents video the finishing line then complain if the line judge has made the wrong call.

A discussion on either SKY or BBC yesterday between a football ref and a mother of five.

She said parents should be allowed to challenge , a child could be damaged if they had won but the wrong call had been made, it could put the child on a downward spiral of depression and their parents have to protect them from this.

The Ref disagreed He said there are sometimes wrong calls in sport but children have to learn this happens in sport and in life.

Who was right. Will a child be emotionally damaged if the wrong call is given in an egg and spoon race?

Iam64 Thu 21-Jun-18 20:02:35

Eloethan -maybe I don't express myself as well as I ought to on more than one occasion. I wish we had a similar approach to public services, taxation and consensus as seems to exist in the Scandi countries. I do understand the difference between the Conservative and Labour parties approach to public services. Of course, we need a Labour government if our public services aren't to be further decimated. My real anxiety is that the electorate seem unlikely to make sure that happens.

Jalima1108 Thu 21-Jun-18 20:08:42

Of course, we need a Labour government if our public services aren't to be further decimated.
But not in its present incarnation.