Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Tue 19-Jun-18 06:19:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another grey and dull dry start here in Brackley this morning, usual Tuesday out.
Mick

gillybob Tue 19-Jun-18 06:24:04

Good morning Michael and everyone to follow. A very warm night and a lovely bright start her on the NE coast.

Very little sleep last night so glad to be up and about. I had the children over night so school run, then work so another riveting day....

Enjoy your day out Mick

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Jun-18 06:27:39

Morning Mick, morning All

A brisk breeze and heavy grey cloud here in Norfolk too. But at least it’s not cold.

I twisted my new knee slightly last evening and it kept me awake a bit last night, so I’m sticking to a gentle walk in straight lines today! DH had wanted to go boat cleaning but we may not get there. I don’t understand where the spiders come from on boats. Hoards of the messy little b****rs!

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Jun-18 06:28:00

Morning Gilly.

gillybob Tue 19-Jun-18 06:31:17

I’m not over fond of spiders ? nfk so rather you than me. Other “creatures” don’t bother me I think it’s their unpredictability ....and those spindly legs. Yuk. Horrible things.

Take it easy with that new knee ! Have a good Tuesday. smile

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Jun-18 06:36:33

If you throw them overboard hoping they’ll go to the next door boat, they turn around and swim back!

Oopsadaisy53 Tue 19-Jun-18 06:41:15

Good morning everybody, beautiful day here, let’s hope it lasts, yesterday was lovely until 5 pm and then we had some rain, this was about an hour after I’d finished watering the dry garden!
Anyway, just pottering today, I might get the sewing machine out, I have family orders for yet more bunting, whatever do they do with it all?
All this talk about spiders has reminded me why I haven’t sorted the shed out yet........shudder .......
Have a great day everyone

BlueBelle Tue 19-Jun-18 06:42:51

Good morning all looks sunny over here on the east coast

gillybob Tue 19-Jun-18 06:43:37

Oh goodness, homing spiders I can’t think of anything much worse. I have been known to scream so loud the neighbours came out (probably thought I was being murdered) when I accidentally walked through a web and a giant spider ? of about 6 inches in diameter (exaggerate moi?) fell on me . I could feel it for days later.

Oopsadaisy53 Tue 19-Jun-18 06:45:49

Ooh gilly was it one of those with big boots on and a spiky black leather collar? We have those here.
And I don’t exaggerate either.
Much

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Jun-18 06:50:26

grin

gillybob Tue 19-Jun-18 06:51:00

It was exactly like that Oopsadaisy53 he had a Harley parked up at the side of the web alongside all those dead flies. Gross.

Oopsadaisy53 Tue 19-Jun-18 06:52:47

Yuk, yuk, yuk to think that there are more of them out there! And now they can travel at speed!!

Oopsadaisy53 Tue 19-Jun-18 06:53:31

And they know where we live..........

gillybob Tue 19-Jun-18 07:02:17

Of course they do..... Nfk says they have a homing instinct and they can swim too... we’re doomed...doomed I tell you!

NanKate Tue 19-Jun-18 07:08:22

Morning Mick and All

I don’t mind spiders and I love to see their webs in the autumn all covered in the mist. However large dogs are another thing ?

Sunny and cloudy here in South Bucks.

Off to Play Rummykub with my WI friends.

Sorry about your knee Nfk have you tried rubbing Deep Heat into it ?

MawBroon Tue 19-Jun-18 07:19:00

Good morning everybody from a bright, sunny and already warm corner of N Bucks.
Cleaner this morning closely followed by the man who is regrouting /repointing (?) my patio.
Means I am stuck in for the day sad with only Queens to watch ?Andy, Novak, now there’s a hardship!
Wishing you all a pleasant day wherever you are!

travelsafar Tue 19-Jun-18 07:35:44

It looks lovely here at the moment with blue skies, fluffy white clouds, warm sunshine and a gentle breeze. Having a morning at home catching up on a few things and sorting out clothes for my weekend in Yorkshire, I am going on trip to see the Flying Scotsman steam train and have a ride across the beautiful Yorkshire countryside and I cant wait!!! smile.My sister popping round for a cuppa and a catch up this afternoon.

JustALaugh Tue 19-Jun-18 07:42:37

Hello all,

It's sunny here in Nottingham. I've got a day off work, so I suppose I ought to do some jobs at home..... clean the oven, hoover the car, do some ironing (I'd much prefer going to work)

Panache Tue 19-Jun-18 07:50:50

Good Morning to you all.

Our weather has turned rather grey and damp but on the whole we seem to have had a fair amount of sunshine so cannot complain.

Hope you haven`t done yourself real damage Nfkd.....easily done.

Another of my Medical appointments which has quite a history so time I had some positive and uplifting reports again.

Would not mind joining you Travelsofar

Meanwhile wishing you all a pleasant day

Marydoll Tue 19-Jun-18 07:56:47

Good morning Mick and all from a very cool and and windy Glasgow.
Would you all please stop posting about the lovely start to the morning in your area.?. I'm becoming very jealous.?

We have recently found a lot of spiders, both outside and inside. ( Of course. Ours are BIGGER than yours, Gilly and
NFK.

Going to hairdresser's this morning, pretty wiped out after a day of DGD yesterday. A combination of RA, dealing with the terrible twos and a wee girl was was feeling unwell was really hard work. To cap it all, fireman Sam ?‍?wasn't home, when we walked along to visit. ☹️ She (I) was so disappointed. They sometimes invite us in.
All the fire engines were out, I wondered if they were on duty at the Art School.
Have a good day all, NFK take it easy!

cornergran Tue 19-Jun-18 07:56:52

Morning All. Another grey start to our corner of Somerset. We are again being minded by Littlest so not quiet. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Jun-18 08:01:54

I only twisted it a little getting into bed(!) so I don’t think I did damage. It’s feeling better now the pain killers are kicking in. I don’t think I’ll risk Deepheat NanKate, the scar is still a bit too raw!

I think we’re living in the wrong part of the country this summer - all these reports of sunshine - but it’s not here. Hopefully it’ll eventually burn through again this afternoon. We have had some lovely evenings!

Anniebach Tue 19-Jun-18 08:12:36

Good morning all x

Greyduster Tue 19-Jun-18 08:17:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sunny in South Yorkshire at the moment, but I don’t think it is going to last. We were thinking of having a day out today at the coast, but I was ill on Sunday night and totally washed out yesterday, so I am going slowly for a while. Send your spiders here, Nfk; I don’t mind them at all. I’ll send you all our flies! grin