Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Wed 20-Jun-18 06:17:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull/grey start here in Brackley this morning, a housework etc day today.
Mick

gillybob Wed 20-Jun-18 06:24:59

Good morning Michael and all to follow.

Not a very bright day here on the NE coast either. It was very warm overnight though. Very little sleep again last night. No school run today which seems weird. DDiL is on late shift.
Work again unfortunately. Roll on Friday .

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

BlueBelle Wed 20-Jun-18 06:27:46

Very sunny in EAnglia Michael but it seems to change on a sixpence yesterday went from sunny to dull dull to sunny in seconds I started out in sandals and cut off jeans got ready to meet a friend by which time it had blown up chilly and grey so I changed into jeans socks trainers by the time I met my friend it was hot again

Marydoll Wed 20-Jun-18 06:28:28

Good morning Mick and all who follow.
It's wet and miserable here in Glasgow.
DH is up early to play golf, so now I'm wide awake too.?
I was planning a trip into Glasgow, but I will play it by ear, as I had yet another disturbed night.
Have a pleasant day everyone and when you have finished your housework, Mick, you can come and do mine.?

Marydoll Wed 20-Jun-18 06:29:31

Good morning Gilly and Bluebells, I'm so slow!

kittylester Wed 20-Jun-18 06:31:19

Morning Mick, ginny, everyone.

It's very muggy in north Leicestershire but there seems a little breeze.

School run this afternoon.

silverlining48 Wed 20-Jun-18 06:34:42

Good morning all, i have been awake since 4 am, have played solitaire on the iPad since which is a real time waster as there is lots of other stuff I should be doing.
Off to another hospital appt this morning. Gallstones, and other stuff which may or may not be relevant.
Have a peaceful day everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 20-Jun-18 06:44:52

Morning All

A lovely warm, sunny morning here in Norfolk, but the forecast, which was for a hot sunny day all day, is now saying it’s going to cloud over by lunch time with possible rain this afternoon! DH is off to hospital this afternoon for check ups so we don’t really mind!

We did get over to clean our little boat yesterday. Two hours and some humongous spiders expelled. How is it that spider poo is black on light surfaces and white on dark ones?

Gagagran Wed 20-Jun-18 06:50:20

Morning Mick and everyone!

It's dull and overcast here on the south coast and the patio flags look a bit damp. Feels humid but I think might brighten up later.

I am meeting a friend for coffee this morning and also have some bits of shopping to do. Then it's choir this evening. DH is out with his bike club so we shall not see much of each other today.

Hope the day goes well for everyone. sunshine

cornergran Wed 20-Jun-18 06:51:08

Morning All. Fairly heavy clouds over our corner of Somerset. Certainly not cold though. Cleaning and catchup today, slow and steady as we’re both weary. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Wed 20-Jun-18 06:54:14

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Sunny here in South Yorkshire but there is a strong chilly breeze stirring my bedroom curtains! DH had a torture session with the dental hygienist this morning and then we will do some shopping later. Another fun filled day ?. Have a good one whatever you are doing!

Nana3 Wed 20-Jun-18 07:01:30

Good morning, looking grey in Lancashire this morning. We are going to a funeral today, the lady wasn't a close friend but we had stayed in touch.
Hope your day improves cornergran flowers
Have a good day everyone.

SilverDarlings11 Wed 20-Jun-18 07:02:22

Good morning MICK and everyonelse...blowing a hooly here in South lakes and wet...glad I tied up the sunflowers yesterday..they are 2ft tall now. Slainte+

gillybob Wed 20-Jun-18 07:04:23

Are you anywhere near the zoo SilverDarlings ? My DGC did a zoo keeper experience at South Lake zoo last year. They loved it and have been asking to do it again.

kittylester Wed 20-Jun-18 07:30:29

That sounds like a brilliant experience, gilly, I must look fir something similar!

MawBroon Wed 20-Jun-18 07:39:53

Good morning Mick and everybody. Bit of a muggy night last night which might explain why it was a restless one and I am slower than usual to “come to”.
Having recovered from Andy’s defeat at Queens yesterday sad , I think it is ironing here this morning then “Northanger Abbey” at my Lit class this afternoon.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Panache Wed 20-Jun-18 07:54:47

Good Morning to you all.

Another grey and dull morning here,but it seems we are in for quite a "heatwave" so I am patiently waiting!!!

Not in the best moods after a Hospital appointment with yet unfavourable results and talk of yet another operation..........I did not expect this so certainly not feeling too chipper.

Still as always "One day at a time"

Wishing you all a troublefree day.

harrigran Wed 20-Jun-18 07:56:58

Good morning from an overcast NE yet again. Another disturbed night, up taking painkillers at 4am.
Wish it was pleasant enough to sit in the garden, it would make a change.

Marydoll Wed 20-Jun-18 08:08:23

Panache, sorry your news is not so good.?

MawBroon Wed 20-Jun-18 08:10:11

Harrigran I am sorry that you still seem to be in such pain. I have often wondered why it seems worse at night and my theory, for what it is worth, is that we are better equipped to keep on top of, even ahead of pain when we are awake, but it takes us by surprise when asleep (or trying) and playing “catch up” needs more pain relief than keeping on top of it.
Is it however par for the course at this stage post-op?
Hoping you have a better day and can catch up on some sleep flowers

MawBroon Wed 20-Jun-18 08:11:19

Panache too, flowers what can I say, except to send you what comfort I can and a very gentle {{hug}}

12Michael Wed 20-Jun-18 08:16:49

One item I have been told about and use for certain things are turmeric capsules , cumin seeds and the oil version of it black seed its expensive to buy that is the oil, but its good for digestive system, diabetics plus also adding cumin seeds and turmeric in a glass of water is also benefitting wise.
maybe I should put this elsewhere but its a chat thing.
Mick

BlueBelle Wed 20-Jun-18 08:17:43

After me saying it was bright and sunny it’s now overcast and dull spoke to soon

Anniebach Wed 20-Jun-18 08:20:11

Good morning all x

Marydoll Wed 20-Jun-18 08:21:56

I have a friend who had amazing results after taking turmeric capsules, * Mick*