Gransnet forums

Chat

Is Harry happy?

(230 Posts)
fluttERBY123 Tue 10-Jul-18 17:13:45

He has not been his usual smiley self in the news clips I've have seen over the last week or two, especially today on the balcony. Has anyone else thought the same?

paddyann Tue 10-Jul-18 22:15:46

does anyone really care ...come on folk get your own lives and forget about the parasites that live off us in the "royal family" I'm quite sure they neither know nor care if you or any of us is happy !

Anniebach Tue 10-Jul-18 22:22:25

I too am quite sure they don ‘t know if anyone here is unhappy. I do believe , like us all, they care about people.

phoenix Tue 10-Jul-18 22:33:43

Ambivalent about the Royal Family, even though I spent the first few years of my married life living in Windsor Castle, but prepared to bet that a pregnancy is announced before Christmas!

annep Tue 10-Jul-18 22:35:14

I agree with the parasites thing. But I still like to know what's happening.

gillybob Tue 10-Jul-18 23:08:42

Why would he not be happy ? Seriously ? He won’t have a single worry or care in the world. Doesn’t have to go to work, can afford to buy his baby nephew an £8k Winnie the Pooh first Edition as a christening present (more than many get to live on in a year) he’s been gifted a multi million £ apartment by granny, his life is one long luxurious holiday ...... but hey ho he looks unhappy. Get a grip for goodness sake.

OldMeg Tue 10-Jul-18 23:10:42

Of course he isn’t unhappy! What do you expect???? him wandering round with an innane grin on his face all day every day? ?

BlueBelle Tue 10-Jul-18 23:26:46

Oh for heavens sake leave the poor bloke alone..if he looks happy he’s obviously ready to get divorced and find someone new, if he looks serious he’s unhappy she’s hanging on to him and dragging him down
Poor things with you lot wishing them so much misery,
Just leave them alone I cannot believe it, it sounds like witches round a cauldron they ve been married five minutes and some of you are hoping it fails and then you can rub your hands together and say ‘ Told you so I knew he wasn’t happy I knew she wasn’t right’

Caledonai14 Wed 11-Jul-18 00:40:18

I agree with Annep. I hadn't seen this thread but have been noticing Meghan looks a little shell-shocked. It may be very difficult for anyone to follow the dos and don'ts of Royal protocol and I have read somewhere that other Royal brides have found it difficult to follow all the silly rules. And she can hardly nip out to the winebar for a long moan about men and inlaws with her mates, can she? Some of the fashion choices are a little strange and I wonder how much choice she gets and how much is foisted upon her. Let's face it, there seem to have been an awful lot of stand-about-and-look-beautiful in church/on a balcony occasions in the last few weeks and she was only just Christened, confirmed and converted. Kate, remember, had/still has a highly supportive family of her own close by and Meghan's mum is far far away. As for Harry, well, maybe he's just realising what marriage means. OK not the smelly socks and hair blocking the drain etc, but definitely the sudden knowledge that you are not the only person whose feelings and opinion need to be respected. I don't think any of the younger royals looks particularly happy in offguarded moments and I'd sure like to see a wee bit more sisterly solidarity between Kate and Meghan. So far, the only person who seems to have had a good old warm smiley session in public with Meghan is the Queen and she is to be commended for recognising that fitting in to that family may not be any easier now than it was for brides past.

maddyone Wed 11-Jul-18 00:47:02

What a horrible expression to apply to a human being, a parasite!

OldMeg Wed 11-Jul-18 05:20:02

maddyone yes, it is horrible isn’t it?

And all this speculation on a few photos in the likes of the Daily Heil or a few minutes of news footage. It’s almost like some people actually want others to be unhappy and marriages to fail. Nasty people who’s own life is a disappointment.

Caledonai14 Wed 11-Jul-18 06:00:38

I missed the parasites comments and that is certainly not my word or my view. I was agreeing with the speculation that Meghan is not looking as confident as she did before.

It is everyone's right to express their own view on a subject posted for discussion without being called nasty. I seem to recall all sorts of criticism that nobody noticed when Princess Diana was unhappy. Many people did notice, but it was denied at official levels until it led to all sorts of knock-on problems.

This forum works well until people get slated for having a say. I disagree with a lot on here, but don't like seeing subjects effectively shut down by intolerance of the views of others, unless the content is offensive. If you don't like what's being said, there are plenty other topics to read - and post - about, I've discovered.

OldMeg Wed 11-Jul-18 06:11:34

Irony is not dead ?

Blencathra Wed 11-Jul-18 06:18:32

They both looked fine to me. If you are at a long event like that you are not going to look sparklingly happy the whole time. The Queen looks grumpy in repose- it doesn't mean that she is grumpy!

kittylester Wed 11-Jul-18 06:25:58

I think it's very simplistic to say that because they have a privileged life that they have no worries.

Willow500 Wed 11-Jul-18 06:43:35

Well I've just watched the whole thing and didn't see any signs of Harry being unhappy - yes there were moments when he wasn't grinning like a cheshire cat as there were with Andrew but he was talking and smiling to his new wife throughout. I thought the Queen looked fantastic and thoroughly enjoying the whole spectacle - but where was Phillip? I spent most of it trying not to cry - I have no real connection with the RAF other than my mother's fiancé being killed in the Battle of Britain and spending several happy years attending RAF Finningley's summer balls and airshows but those old planes flying over was an amazing sight - I wish I'd been there.

absent Wed 11-Jul-18 06:45:57

Harry who?

Blencathra Wed 11-Jul-18 06:47:59

Philip has retired- he is 96! It was announced he wasn't doing engagements any more. I am amazed that the Queen could stand for so long at her age -she is doing wonderfully well.

BlueBelle Wed 11-Jul-18 06:50:06

Harry looks fine to me it’s all wishful thinking, some of the posters are just dying for things to go wrong
I think it’s awful to be speculating on him being unhappy a few short weeks after he married
Leave him and her alone and stop looking for excuses to put the boot in

loopyloo Wed 11-Jul-18 06:50:49

Well there will be difficulties as the novelty wears off and the daily slog of boring public appearances kicks in. Perhaps Meghan is feeling slightly tired and a bit nauseated ?

Blencathra Wed 11-Jul-18 07:34:55

I don't think that watching the fly past was boring!!
I agree with BlueBelle - it is all a nonsense - you could say the same about any newly married couple and the worry would be if they felt the need to be living their lives to prove to the general public that they are happy! We should leave them alone.

gillybob Wed 11-Jul-18 08:15:54

This forum works well until people get slated for having a say. I disagree with a lot on here, but don't like seeing subjects effectively shut down by intolerance of the views of others, unless the content is offensive

I think there’s an unwritten rule that you can’t say anything negative about the royals though Caledonail hmm

At the risk of being slated, this family are not normal (no matter what rubbish we are fed) they are waited on hand and foot, they are curtseyed and bowed to (by lesser human beings) for goodness sake, they are provided with the best in life that money can buy without needing to lift a finger in work......but poor ‘Arry doesn’t look happy. I wonder if he might raise a smile if he and his bro were flown by private jet to watch England play in the World Cup final ?

sodapop Wed 11-Jul-18 08:26:51

Don't think that's true Gillybob just that anti royalists feel strongly about the Royal Family and soon shoot down any positive comments. They are of course entitled to their views.

merlotgran Wed 11-Jul-18 08:29:50

Nasty people who’s own life is a disappointment.

Excuse me?

hmm

gillybob Wed 11-Jul-18 08:36:36

Exactly merlot it kind of makes my point.

sunseeker Wed 11-Jul-18 08:41:37

Can I ask how anyone would feel if a few weeks after their son/daughter/grandchild was married strangers were making comments about whether they were happy or not and almost hoping the marriage would fail.