(121 Posts)
Cherrytree59 Fri 13-Jul-18 18:23:37

Chucking it down. ?

Jalima1108 Fri 20-Jul-18 15:13:02

Lovely and sunny here in the West, with a light breeze

sunshine
(more watering tonight then)

BBbevan Fri 20-Jul-18 16:22:44

Just a bit damp around the edges here in SW Wales. But more rain forecast for this evening. There is that wonderful fresh wet smell.

ninathenana Fri 20-Jul-18 16:38:57

Steady rainfall since 10am in Kent.
First we have seen in months.

I should not have removed the brolly I always keep in my handremovin yesterday.

ninathenana Fri 20-Jul-18 16:40:56

#handbag
angry not even a word you stupid phone

millymouge Fri 20-Jul-18 16:48:05

No rain in Essex (Chelmsford/Colchester) area for weeks. The garden and lawn are both dried up, but will revive in time. Water patio pots in evening (with a can) and are very careful not to waste any water.

Anniebach Fri 20-Jul-18 17:04:22

It’s raining in Mid Wales, wet stuff from the sky, bliss ?

JenniferEccles Fri 20-Jul-18 17:13:55

I am so envious of the folks on here with rain! It's cloudy here (Home counties) but still nothing.

We flew back from holiday last week and it was so strange to fly over brown fields instead of the usual lovely lush green ones we normally see.

There is the possibility of some this evening so fingers crossed.

muffinthemoo Fri 20-Jul-18 17:25:17

My sacrifices to Tlaloc must be working at last

Kupari45 Fri 20-Jul-18 17:37:57

We live in a sea-side village on North East Coast. Rain has been belting down since Lunch time. It started at the same time as the children were coming out of school to begin their summer holidays.
The water butt is filling up!

Cherrytree59 Fri 20-Jul-18 19:56:07

Thought we were in for another hot day like yesterday as the morning temperature started to climb, however about 1pm it became very overcast
Started to rain ☔!
Little grandsons were running up and down the garden shouting its raining!.
I called them to come inside
'But Gran it's not making us wet'
They were right it was hardly a drizzle.
On and off all afternoon, hardly wetting the ground.
It did however bring the temperature down to a nice 19°c.

Jalima1108 Fri 20-Jul-18 20:04:13

A few drops of rain but only for about 5 minutes - while we were eating outside!!

Pittcity Fri 20-Jul-18 21:37:57

A few minutes of drizzle at about 6.30pm bought the temperature down a bit here in Colchester.

Willow500 Fri 20-Jul-18 21:48:26

It rained briefly here mid afternoon but nothing like we need - how sad are we waiting for rain!!

MawBroon Fri 20-Jul-18 21:49:10

It was chucking it down here in N Bucks as I turned off the M1 just under an hour ago.
Great for the garden but shame I left the washing out! blush

Blinko Fri 20-Jul-18 21:56:02

We had a few large plops around 6.30pm, nothing since. They said it would be coming in from the West. Where is it, then??

M0nica Fri 20-Jul-18 23:23:02

Just driven from Reading to just south of Oxford a journey of about 35 miles.It started to dot with rain as we left the theatre, by the time we got on the motorway it was tipping down and the rain got heavier the further west we went. It eased off a bit as we reached home but the roads were awash for the second half of the journey.

seacliff Sat 21-Jul-18 07:27:56

Still nothing here in east Suffolk, it got cloudy last night, but not a drop.

Anniebach Sat 21-Jul-18 09:15:27

Some weather expert just said on radio there will be very little rain next month too.

We had 30 minutes of light rain yesterday in Mid Wales.

M0nica Sat 21-Jul-18 09:33:37

The rain returned just after we got home and it continued tor rain heavily for at least another hour (I was asleep after that, so do not know when it stopped).

This morning the lawn has moved a few shades of green back from white/yellow straw to yellow straw and the air is heavy with the scent of the flowers.

Nandalot Sat 21-Jul-18 10:50:04

We went to Tolethorpe ( outdoor theatre) yesterday eve and as we got there it started to rain. We thought, ‘typical’ , especially as the DGCs have just broken up. Fortunately, by the time the performance started it had stopped because although audience are under cover, performers are not. It was strange how different everything smelt.