Gransnet forums

Chat

Who was your first crush?

(115 Posts)
NanKate Tue 07-Aug-18 21:37:30

On Radio Southern Counties last night this was the question posed to the listeners, there were some very funny answers.

Was your first crush a film star and did you put their photo up on the wall ? I can’t remember his name but I had a cowboy from Laramie on my wall.

Was it the papergirl or boy or someone at school?

Marydoll Tue 07-Aug-18 23:29:37

Oh, I agree about Gregory Peck.

Chewbacca Tue 07-Aug-18 23:32:00

Me too! But Clint Eastwood was gorgeous from being young to quite recent too. Hmmm! Decisions, decisions!

Marydoll Tue 07-Aug-18 23:34:07

We seem to like the men.?

gillybob Tue 07-Aug-18 23:34:58

Well I’m sticking with Donny O. He’s still absolutely gorgeous and has only got better looking with age.

Marydoll Tue 07-Aug-18 23:38:07

He is just a boy, Gilly .?

grannyactivist Wed 08-Aug-18 00:32:18

Billy Whitehead - we were five years old playing 'kiss chase' in the playground and I thought he was the most beautiful boy in the world; so much so that here I am sixty years later and I have never forgotten him. We moved house when I was seven and I never saw him again.

callgirl1 Wed 08-Aug-18 00:44:52

The ITN newscaster Huw Thomas. I fell for him when I was 14, decided I was going to London when I was 20 to marry him............then when I was about 16 he got married, how could he? I still worshipped him for many years, even after he retired from TV.

callgirl1 Wed 08-Aug-18 00:52:00

Here`s my above mentioned hero.

lemondrizzle Wed 08-Aug-18 01:03:22

Steve Ellis from Love Affair, not just his looks, that voice.

cavewoman Wed 08-Aug-18 01:34:19

Couldn't decide between Donny O and David Essex.
Or the boy next door who won all my marbles.

BBbevan Wed 08-Aug-18 03:38:00

I had a photo of Gil Favour ( again from Laramie) on my wall. I was about 14 I think. My most serious crush was on a teacher at art school. I still think about him, although I heard he died recently.

BlueBelle Wed 08-Aug-18 06:25:18

Although I liked most of those already mentioned my first big crush was Dirk Bogarde (well I didn’t know he was gay then did I?)
But also Adam and Elvis ohhh-er

ContraryMary88 Wed 08-Aug-18 06:47:12

Clint Eastwood from Rawhide and the chap from 10cc/Mindbenders whose name escapes me.
I also liked the young chap in Whirlybirds....

MissAdventure Wed 08-Aug-18 06:55:47

Marc Bolan was mine, although I was only around 9 or 10.

Grandma70s Wed 08-Aug-18 07:02:08

My first crush was my ballet teacher, when I was about 11. Also, at a distance, Margot Fonteyn. Yes, they were female. I didn’t know many boys outside the family apart from my elder brother’s friends who were callow youths, and didn’t impress me at all. I went to girls’ schools from the age of eight. I am too old for all the people mentioned by others here. We didn’t have television then, and I never went to films.

I didn't turn out to be lesbian.

NanKate Wed 08-Aug-18 07:10:17

Marydoll that is the exact picture I had on my wall, that takes me back about 60 years ?

I always liked Cary Grant and he was still handsome in his latter years.

Did you have a particular favourite Mary?

pollyperkins Wed 08-Aug-18 07:12:39

Dirk Bogarde for me too Bluebelle. I saw all his films and had pictures of him all over my bedroom wall. I didn't believe he was gay. He was waiting to meet ME!!

stella1949 Wed 08-Aug-18 07:16:12

Cliff Richard. Loved him !

NanKate Wed 08-Aug-18 07:23:47

I still do Stella, so pleased the BBC got their comeuppance.

Gagagran Wed 08-Aug-18 07:23:53

Well I think that I am a lot older than most of the posters on here and my first crush was Tommy Steele. I was a proud member of his fan club.

That was until Elvis came into my life and boy, did I love him! I had a beautiful, full colour picture of him on the wall next to my bed and I kissed him goodnight every night. That was until my Dad decided to decorate my room one day and I came home to find the wallpaper - and Elvis - all stripped and thrown out!

Funny how the crush feelings subside with age! (But I still love Elvis's voice)

kittylester Wed 08-Aug-18 07:45:30

Most of the above (well, not the snotty one!) but George Chakiris hasn't been mentioned and I thought he was gorgeous.

Nanabilly Wed 08-Aug-18 08:04:18

The first crush I remember as a very young young child was Robin who was Batman's sidekick.
Then Donny Osmond.
Nowadays it's Andrew Lincoln.

gillybob Wed 08-Aug-18 08:15:28

I mean.... come on ... he’s gorgeous !

DanniRae Wed 08-Aug-18 08:18:57

Oh, Mary was it Eric Stewart from 10cc? I only recently watched the "I'm Not In Love" video and thought "Hello, how did I not see you before?" He was just the sort of bloke that I would have gone for in the past. (He's none too shabby now!)
So cute..........wink

ninathenana Wed 08-Aug-18 08:21:29

Sadly he really hasn't aged well and I wouldn't look twice now but my bedroom walls were covered in pics of David McCallum in his Man from U.N.C.L.E. days