Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(26 Posts)
12Michael Mon 13-Aug-18 06:22:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning , a quiet day I hope today as well.
Mick

ninathenana Mon 13-Aug-18 06:28:56

Morning Mick and everyone.

I've been up since 4am, I was watching lightening flashes at that time but it past over with no rain. Now just dull.
Tip run this morning, oh, the excitment !
Have a good day.

Auntieflo Mon 13-Aug-18 06:33:13

Morning Michael, Nina, Annie and all. Early bird me this morning, as I am off to hospital in a mo. Just having a cup of weak, black tea.
Thanks for the good wishes yesterday.
See you soon

NannyJan53 Mon 13-Aug-18 06:33:24

Good Morning Mick Nina and everyone to follow

Dark and gloomy this morning in the Black Country.

Up very early as I have to take my partner to Hospital for 7am for an operation. Having his Oesophagus widened because of trouble with swallowing food for last 4 years.

Just hope this works for him,

Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Mon 13-Aug-18 06:42:32

Morning all!

Showery start to the day here on the south coast but it is forecast to brighten up. Hopefully be a bit warmer too - I was cold in bed with the summer duvet last night.

Chores today after a busy weekend and nothing on the agenda so far. We'll see what crops up- something usually does!

Have a good day folks and I hope all the hospital appointments go as well as they can.

Marydoll Mon 13-Aug-18 06:43:03

Good morning Mick and Nina, it's so cool here in Glasgow, that I've had to put the heating on for 30 mins.

We have DGD today and of course the builders. We will play it all by ear, as we never quite know who will turn up.

I had a lovely day at the cinema with DD yesterday seeing Mamma Mia, I can't get the songs out of my head.?

Auntiflo good luck, that will be me next week.☹️
Nanny Jan, best wishes to your husband.

Marydoll Mon 13-Aug-18 06:44:20

Good morning, * Gaga!* . I'm so slow.?

Brunette10 Mon 13-Aug-18 06:56:20

Good Morning all, it's the same here in NE Fife as was yesterday raining and don't think it's going to clear either. Just as well as we have lots of household chores to do today so don't mind staying in. Glad you enjoyed Mama Mia Marydoll, the songs are just so addictive. Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Mon 13-Aug-18 07:06:06

Morning All

Still and grey here this morning in Norfolk.

Ironing, cleaning and reclaiming the house today for me.

Good luck with the hospital visits Auntiflo and Nanny Jan*’s DH. These things are daunting, but wonderful at the same time. I look at the scars on my knees and wonder what my wonderful grandparents would have thought of it all.

NfkDumpling Mon 13-Aug-18 07:07:10

Sorry Nanny Jan. I omitted a *.

kittylester Mon 13-Aug-18 07:11:22

Morning all from a fairly miserable north Leicestershire.

Having a lie in this morning as the girls were very tired last night! We went out for lunch and then watched the Greatest Showman (again).

Not sure what they have lined up for us today. grin

Good luck with all the hospital visits and builders!

Sar53 Mon 13-Aug-18 07:15:50

Good morning everyone from a dull Essex by the sea. Off to London later to meet up with DD1 and 2 eldest DGD'S. We are going to the Tower of London and then an early dinner. Hope it doesn't rain on us.
Hope all hospital visits go well.

Pittcity Mon 13-Aug-18 07:21:42

Good morning from a cloudy A12. Road trip to Northumberland today.

Nana3 Mon 13-Aug-18 07:28:34

Good morning all, wet and grey in Lancashire. Eye test for me today and new glasses are so expensive. All the best for everyone's hospital visits.
Have a good day.

cornergran Mon 13-Aug-18 08:09:10

Morning All. Bright start in our corner of Somerset. Apparently can expect showers later. One of ours is staying until tomorrow evening. Still asleep. We’ve been asked to go out on the bus, the car is apparently less exciting, so no rush. Wishing those with hospital procedures well. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Panache Mon 13-Aug-18 08:13:27

A good morning from a rather grey morning start here on the Welsh coast.......

Another new week and each one changing with nights drawing in and the end of summertime nearing.

Nana3 just had my eye tests and the price of new specs are eye watering !!!

Wishing your partner well Nannyjane....not the most pleasant of procedures but a necessity.

And the same for you Auntyflo....best wishes.

What busy lives you all lead,I feel rather tired reading these messages every morning!!!

Enjoy your day folk.

ginny Mon 13-Aug-18 08:19:59

Good morning. N. Bucks is dull dull dull. Bring back the ☀️ please.
Pile of ironing and a few other chores to do. Hoping to spend the afternoon making another cushion cover.
Hope Monday goes well for all.

Anniebach Mon 13-Aug-18 08:20:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Another attempt to reverse scooter out of the hall. Another attempt to get permission from the council to put a scooter shelter on the property.

Auntyflo, thinking of you x

NanKate Mon 13-Aug-18 08:25:53

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and damp in South Bucks.

Off to Keep Fit for the first time in months, don’t really feel like going but I must make an effort.

Kitty our two GSs sang songs from the Greatest Showman whilst on hols with us last week. They loved the film.

Glad you had fun at the Mamma Mia film Mary.

Don’t tell anyone but I had a hot water bottle last night ?

Greyduster Mon 13-Aug-18 08:30:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Rather grey in South Yorkshire this morning. GS has been here overnight and we are going to the pitch and putt this morning and then, if time allows, to a fun session at the swimming pool this afternoon. Then I have to lie down for three days before we do it all again on Thursday. Love it! Thinking of Auntie Flo and NannyJan’s DH today.

DoraMarr Mon 13-Aug-18 08:30:33

Good morning from a rather dull Birmingham. I may have to wear something warm today- I haven’t worn anything except cotton dresses for months! I’m going to a new (to me) salon to have my eyebrows shaped and tinted, and then in to John Lewis to take some stuff back and do a bit of window shopping.
Best wishes to all with hospital and opticians appointments today.

aggie Mon 13-Aug-18 08:30:56

Morning all ..... Hold on till I roll out and check the weather ..... Well bright sun ! There has been rain in the night , better nip into the shower and start the week smile

harrigran Mon 13-Aug-18 08:33:07

Good morning from a foggy NE.
I have an appointment at the BP clinic this morning but am not feeling too good, had tummy ache all night.

NannyJan53 Mon 13-Aug-18 09:00:24

Thank you everyone for your good wishes

gillybob Mon 13-Aug-18 09:17:17

A late, very damp good morning from the Scottish Borders . Well that was a hugely disappointing (rare) long weekend off work. Family problems and rotten weather . Note to self ...... don’t bother next time .

Back to “normal” tomorrow .
Hope Monday is good to everyone .