Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(27 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-Aug-18 06:25:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another grey start here in brackley this morning, most unusual for the time of year whilst out seen someone had a snow shovel maybe a store in Bicester is doing a stock clearance .
Mick

ninathenana Wed 15-Aug-18 06:40:53

Morning Mick and everyone.

Still in bed but through the gap in the curtains it looks dull out there. H woke me up when he got up at 5am and I couldn't get back to sleep.
DD coming for dinner tonight and she has put in her order smile.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Wed 15-Aug-18 06:51:15

Morning Mick Nina and All.

Thick cloud in South Bucks.

Really aching this morning. My horrid Polymyalgia is having a bit of a flare up, I hoped it had left me. Doc phoning to discuss returning to steroids. I hope to persuade her otherwise but I may have to give in. Anyway there are far worse things to have than PMR so I had better stop moaning.

Gagagran Wed 15-Aug-18 07:01:12

Morning Mick, Nina, Kate and everyone

Dull, cloudy start here on the south coast but it was a warm night again.

Sorry you are so achey Kate - could the change in the weather from the heatwave be part of it? I have ached more since the heat went.

Choir this evening for me and we shall continue rehearsals for the Christmas Concert. Lots of new pieces to master and my head will be spinning - but in a good way!

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

cornergran Wed 15-Aug-18 07:01:50

Morning Mick. Morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. You aren’t moaning kate, just saying as it is. I have fibromyalgia, different I know but can empathise with flare ups. Right royal pain, I get furious with mine which doesn’t help a bit. Need a catch up here today around our lodger, not so sure we’ll manage it but worth a try. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 15-Aug-18 07:04:51

Morning All

A few high streaks of contrails drifting out over a sunny sky in the north of Norfolk. A lovely morning.

Trying to get through to Mr Sky as our internet keeps dropping out. This could take a while!

Marydoll Wed 15-Aug-18 07:06:11

Good morning Mick, Nan and Kate. It's not very pleasant here in Glasgow. DH has put the heating on for half an hour.

Kate, I'm so sorry, you have had a flare up. ? If you have to resort to steroids, then please do as your doctor suggests. They are horrible drugs, but after 40 years of being on them, I realise that I wouldn't be here, if I hadn't taken them.☹️ Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

We had a rather stressful day yesterday, trying to fit a very large shower tray in DHs car.?
It took half an hour in the pouring rain to get the new baby seat out of the car.? DH was not a happy bunny.?

My DIL took great delight in telling me that there was nothing wrong with DHs hearing yesterday.! ?
Have a good day all.

Marydoll Wed 15-Aug-18 07:07:44

Good morning all who followed Kate, My fingers are so slow at typing today. Must be the weather.⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️

NfkDumpling Wed 15-Aug-18 07:07:47

I hope your flare-up recedes soon kate so you don’t need steroids. flowers

Brunette10 Wed 15-Aug-18 07:16:44

Morning all and let me firstly apologise for 'none clocking in yesterday' but we were on the road at 5.50 a.m. to Edinburgh so too early to clock in and didn't have opportunity for the rest of the day. However today is today and it's horrible here in NE Fife, pretty yuk for all our little wee ones starting school. We have our DGS today so looking forward to it albeit it will be a busy one as he chats the whole day and it's raining so won't get out much. Hopefully we shall all have a good day.

Marydoll Wed 15-Aug-18 07:20:11

Hi Brunette, good to see you back.
I'm off to Edinburgh tomorrow and of course it will be raining.?

Brunette10 Wed 15-Aug-18 07:22:58

Thank you Marydoll. Yes no doubt it will be but Edinburgh is so so so busy just now you won't notice the rain - enjoy!

Nana3 Wed 15-Aug-18 07:24:01

Good morning from Lancashire, grey again this morning. Meeting an old friend for lunch today.
NanKate hope you feel better soon flowers

gillybob Wed 15-Aug-18 07:24:14

Good morning everyone . A dull start here on the NE coast but at least no rain forecast. A busy few days ahead at work. No childcare until tomorrow .

Have a good Wednesday x

kittylester Wed 15-Aug-18 07:29:04

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is a little overcast this morning and we are due to be going to our local town for the 'at the seaside' event. I'm hoping for rain after a couple of hours so we can cone home early!

Hope your aches feel better soon, Kate. brew

harrigran Wed 15-Aug-18 07:30:24

Good morning, another grey start to the day in the NE.
DS and family are on holiday but they are having their parcels redirected to my address so here I am stuck in the house for another day.

Pittcity Wed 15-Aug-18 07:46:04

Good morning from a grey skied Northumberland. Visited castles yesterday, ate local seafood and walked miles. It only rained while we were in the pub.
Berwick today.

gillybob Wed 15-Aug-18 07:55:55

I’ve just missed you Pittcity we’ve been staying just outside Berwick for a long weekend. Heavy rain the entire time we were there which spoiled a rare few days away . I think you might have timed your visit better as the forecast has improved now I think. Enjoy smile

Panache Wed 15-Aug-18 08:00:19

`Morning to you all.

Shopping day and yes it would be raining! At least gardening is "out" so that should keep my man out of mischief!

Having attempted a little secateuring on Monday I am still paying a big price and it gets me sooooooo frustrated.

Sorry to hear of your "flare up" Kate steroids are not a gal`s best friend but they do the job.

hope the weather and day will be kind to each one of you.

Greyduster Wed 15-Aug-18 08:06:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sorry to buck the trend but the sun is shining in South Yorkshire today. DH is continuing with painting the downstairs loo, which is to be three quarter tiled, and I am planning to make some jam, having had lots of good advice from knowledgeable Grans about how to do it! Watch this space grin! Sorry you’re feeling poorly Kate; hope things improve soon!?

Mapleleaf Wed 15-Aug-18 08:06:42

Good morning everyone,

Perhaps that store knows something we don't, Mick!

Hope you soon feel better Nankate ?

It's a rather cloudy morning but still warm. It got really warm through the night again. I had to open the window a bit wider. Still woke with a thumping headache, though, which is easing off now, thank goodness.

I love Berwick and the surrounding area. Hope you had a lovely time, despite the rain, gilly, and you too, Pittcity - those beaches in Northumberland take some beating.

Enjoy your day. ?

Auntieflo Wed 15-Aug-18 08:10:40

Morning Mick, Annie, and all who are here already. I missed yesterday, as I had to stay in hospital overnight as I had spent so long in recovery. It's lovely to be home, even though the sun isn't shining, and yes, it was warm last night, wasn't it? I feel battered and bruised, but glad to be here. Nothing planned for today, and I can't drive for 6 weeks, shock horror
But, I have got some sewing to do if I get bored. Thanks for the good wishes I received on Monday, they were most welcome.

ginny Wed 15-Aug-18 08:14:12

Good morning. N. Bucks is dull but the sun seems to be trying to emerge.
Sewing group day for me today , all ready to go, just lunch to make up. Dinner is in the slow cooker.
Packing later for a few days joining with DD2 on her travels around England and Wales.

Mapleleaf Wed 15-Aug-18 08:33:18

Pleased to hear that you are now home, Auntiflo, there's no better feeling is there than to be back in your own home. Hope you soon feel ticketyboo. ?
Since my earlier post, the sun is trying valiantly to shine, so I think my part of South Yorkshire is catching up with yours, greyduster! ?

Anniebach Wed 15-Aug-18 08:37:30

Good morning all x good morning Auntyflo, glad you are back home, take care x

Rain again today. Scooter still in hall, five weeks before the canopy arrives .