Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(28 Posts)
12Michael Thu 16-Aug-18 06:24:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet and windy start here in Brackley this morning, usual rip out today.
Mick

kittylester Thu 16-Aug-18 06:34:42

Morning Mick, morning all!

It is wet in North Leicestershire and I am gearing up fir my usual Sainsbury shop with two granddaughters in tow!

We are halfway through their week's stay and I'm not sure if I shall make it to Sunday! grin

NannyJan53 Thu 16-Aug-18 06:45:11

Good Morning Mick kitty and all to follow

Raining here, but the garden needs it!

Had a lovely but tiring day with DGD3 (age 9) yesterday, we went swimming, McDonalds, then 3 hours in the park. Today shall be spend resting smile

I feel your pain kitty but I am sure you would not have it any other way!

Tomorrow I have 2 more DGS's for the day, I love the school holidays! But my purse feels the strain smile

ninathenana Thu 16-Aug-18 06:45:15

Morning Mick, kitty and all.

Dull, cool and windy in Kent. Car has to go in for a new exhaust today, DD will follow me there and then drive me to the eye clinic.
So that's me scuppered for the rest of the day smile
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Thu 16-Aug-18 06:45:27

Morning Mick and Kitty and All.

Grey and dull in South Bucks.

Keep going Kitty I too wondered if I’d I survive our boys last week and I have to admit I gave in a few times and bought them crisps, ice cream etc with very little persuasion on their part. No wonder our GCs like visiting us GPS. I have really missed their laughter and mischief this week.

Off to a Vietnamese restaurant with a friend tonight. It could be quite an experience.

NanKate Thu 16-Aug-18 06:46:13

Morning Nina hope the eye clinic goes well.

ninathenana Thu 16-Aug-18 06:46:35

Morning NannyJan

NanKate Thu 16-Aug-18 06:51:31

And morning NannyJan I didn’t see you there. Yes my purse was permanently open too. ?

Marydoll Thu 16-Aug-18 06:57:07

Good morning Mick and all who follow.. Hang on in there Kitty.
Off to Edinburgh today for a jolly with DD. I nearly didn't make it. ?

Last night, after clearing up after the builders, I heard a noise, looked up and the large glass clock ? on the kitchen wall flew off, and came towards me like a frisbee . I felt as if I had been hit by a sledgehammer?. The clock must have been loosened by all the building work.
I felt something wet, there was blood running down my face and all over the kitchen floor. DH, despite getting the all clear for his hearing test, was oblivious to my wailing, as he so was engrossed in the football. Eventually he appeared and stood transfixed, while I blundered round the kitchen, blind, ( my glasses had flown off) trying to find a teatowel or kitchen roll to stem the bleeding." He was no use at all.
I'll take you to A&E," says DH. I replied, "Just get some ice!!!". "Where will I get ice?". "In the bl***y freezer.!!!!" " What shelf??"
I got such a shock, but all I was worried about was I wouldn't get my trip today. DD and I save up all year for this and I knew she would be so disappointed.
I now have a cut across my forehead and a large bruise, but at least I'm not lying in hospital with a fractured skull.?

Kate, I hope there is some improvement today and Auntieflo make sure you have a good rest.
Enjoy your day everyone and those looking after grandchildren survive.?

Nana3 Thu 16-Aug-18 07:00:54

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's pleasant weather in Lancashire this morning. Going to make a cuppa now and have a quiet morning at home. Visiting dd and family later, will be a bit chaotic (in a good way) no doubt.
Best wishes to all of you on dgc duties flowers.
Have a good day all.

Nana3 Thu 16-Aug-18 07:08:09

Phew Marydoll what a scary thing to happen. Glad you are able to have your trip with dd, have a good time.

Brunette10 Thu 16-Aug-18 07:25:41

Good morning everyone, much brighter here to day in NE Fife. Well my goodness Marydoll, thought I had started reading a scary book this morning (wink) good grief what a fright you would get. You were lucky you didn't have to go to A & E for you and DH too! You would get such a fright. Hopefully your day out in Edinburgh with DD will take your mind of what happened. Our day yesterday with DGS was as suspected full on. Going to be sitting 2.5 hours today getting cut and colour then off shopping in the afternoon. I'm like Old Mother Hubbard. Enjoy your day everyone.

harrigran Thu 16-Aug-18 07:30:41

Good morning, another overcast morning.
I will be staying at home again as there are more deliveries expected, oh well I could do with catching up on paperwork.

gillybob Thu 16-Aug-18 07:33:31

Good morning All. A bit of a dull start here on the NE coast but sunshine on its way according to the weather forecast. Off to work with a slightly early finish as I’m looking after DD’s baby later on.

Had to admit to having a bit of a giggle at your description of DH “getting some ice” Marydoll grin So glad to hear you will still make your trip to Edinburgh (even if it with a bit of a sore heed) .

Have a good Thursday everyone.

ginny Thu 16-Aug-18 07:38:39

Good morning , it’s tipping down in N. Bucks.
Off in a few minutes to catch a coach . I’ m going to join DD2 for a few days on her travels around Britain.
Mary doll, glad your injuries were not any worse. Enjoy your day.

Gagagran Thu 16-Aug-18 07:40:23

Morning all!
Just back from usual supermarket trip - still quiet on roads and there. That will change when the school go back.

We are forecast heavy rain this morning here on the south coast - AND my poorly hydrangeas have responded to the recent rain and are sprouting new leaves like mad! I have removed the frazzled flower heads and am hopeful of recovery! grin

Your poor head Marydoll - hope you don't get any headache after effects. What a scary accident.

Well done all the child care Grans! They grow up all too soon and won't need us in the same way.

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Pittcity Thu 16-Aug-18 07:46:52

Good morning from sunny Northumberland. Rain not due until later.
Visiting Holy Island today, time for a leisurely breakfast as the causeway isn't open until 11am.

Greyduster Thu 16-Aug-18 07:50:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Rain here overnight and maybe this morning, but it promises to clear later. GS is expected shortly, and we are taking him out for lunch and then a walk today. Marydoll what an awful thing to happen! Thank goodness it wasn’t worse! As for your DH, I often worry that if I hurt myself and tried to get his attention he wouldn’t hear a thing. He can’t hear me when we’re in the same room! Have a good day, folks.

Panache Thu 16-Aug-18 07:54:16

Good Morning and after a rain overnight it is clearing again

A nasty incident in our County Show yesterday.A big horse bolted from the show ring and stampeded into the crowd of some 10,000.......injuring at least 6 people who were treated on site and taken to Hospital by ambulance and helicopter.
The first of its kind in almost 40 years.

Not to be outdone though your story took some reading Marydoll,men can be useless in an emergency as you obiously found out!!! I hope there are not too many painful effects .......not looking exactly pretty though.

Wishing you all the best Nina

Hope you all have a great day with all the youngsters in tow.

cornergran Thu 16-Aug-18 07:57:28

Morning Mick. Morning All. Pouring in our corner of Somerset, several road accidents being reported . Looks like we’re grounded for now. That sounds scary marydoll, enjoy your day out but please get your head checked if you get headaches or any odd symptoms. I also had a smile at your description of your husband and the ice. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

MawBroon Thu 16-Aug-18 08:18:23

Good morning all.
Could somebody please turn the taps off ?
A bit of rain is necessary for the gardens, but not all at once, please!
There are weddings in the offing, days out planned and in my case , a drive to Nottingham to see my co-Granny while her DH “enjoys a golf day”
Factor in a greyhound who doesn’t like getting wet and I am wondering what I need to do to get Hattie to “do” before I can go. confused
Wishing you all a pleasant day and no further ill effects for Marydoll after a terrifying experience! ??

Anniebach Thu 16-Aug-18 08:22:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope all is well Auntyflo x

Marydoll, what a fright, enjoy today x

Panache, what a frightening happening at the show ,wonder what spooked that horse.

Scooter still in hall

Auntieflo Thu 16-Aug-18 08:27:57

Good morning Mick and all here before me. I bow down in respect to all who entertain GC during the holidays, and do childcare as well during school times. You are all stars in my mind.
It is raining here, and so a grey start.
Marydoll, what a shock, do enjoy your trip out with your Dd to Edinburgh, and thanks for the good wishes.
I suppose it is the remaining anaesthetic, plus maybe side effects from the HUGE antibiotic tablets, but I took myself up to bed for a long sleep yesterday afternoon. I have a 'swimmy' head this morning, but am enjoying a cup of tea.
Annie, have you been out again, round your cul-de-sac, on Bluebird? we await news of your adventures.
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Thu 16-Aug-18 09:04:59

Good morning, everyone.

It’s been raining through the night and is rather grey at the moment, but it’s forecast to brighten up later.

Goodness, Marydoll, that was a frightening experience for you, but your telling of the tale was very amusing, especially the bit about your DH and the ice. I do hope you are ok now, and enjoy your day out in Edinburgh.

Panache, the incident with the horse must have been very frightening for all concerned. Like Annie, I wonder what spooked the horse?

Auntiflo, you must have needed that sleep. Take it easy today, too.

To all you GN’s on GC duty, a big well done. I’m sure you are all enjoying yourselves. ?

Enjoy today, whatever your plans.

NanKate Thu 16-Aug-18 09:22:57

I have dispatched Dr Kildare and his assistant ?‍⚕️?‍⚕️ to check you out Marydoll ?and then move onto you AuntieFlo* ?to take your temperature. ??