(109 Posts)
Rufus2 Sun 26-Aug-18 13:15:08

Nurse to elderly patient;
"We need a poo sample and a urine sample."
Patient to wife;
"What did she say?"
Wife to husband;
"They want your underwear"

It's been raining for 3 days without stopping. My husband is in depression; he has been standing and looking through the window. If the rain doesn't stop tomorrow I'll have to let him in.

What's the difference between deer nuts and beer nuts? Beer nuts are $1.75, deer nuts are under a buck!

Rufus2 Wed 05-Sep-18 06:47:39

Apparently Mark Twain said "there's a fine line between a man standing on the bank fishing and a man standing on the bank looking like a complete idiot".

A lady, nervous of dentists said to her dentist, "I don't know which would be more painful, having a tooth extracted or having a baby"
"Well make up your mind, madam. I've got to fix the chair"!

Rufus2 Sun 02-Sep-18 13:44:51

Men and Women are all fallible. The difference is Women know it!

New Zealand is a country of thirty thousand million sheep, three million of whom think they are human.

If you have to explain satire to someone, you might as well give up.

fourormore Sun 02-Sep-18 12:39:21

What do you do if you see a space man?
Park in it man! hmm sorry!

Larissa67 Sun 02-Sep-18 12:06:52

Another train joke, specially for sparkly1000. A young man finds himself sharing a compartment with an older man on a commuter train one evening. The YM says 'excuse me, can you tell me what time it is?'. The older man just grunts and turns away. The YM says ' you don't have to be so rude, I only wanted to know the time. Why didn't you answer me?'. The OM says 'It's like this. Like me you probably get this train most days. I tell you the time and then we get chatting. Maybe we get off at the same stop. We walk the same way home. I invite you in for a drink. You meet my lovely daughter. You ask her out. You fall in love. You propose.

Well if you think I'm going to let me daughter marry a man who can't even afford his own watch, the you're sadly mistaken!!

Rufus2 Sun 02-Sep-18 10:25:30

Is anything worn under the kilt? No! it's all in perfect working order!

A bird in the Strand is worth 2 in Shepherds Bush.

Never be afraid to laugh at yourself; after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.

Elegran Sun 02-Sep-18 10:22:23

Watermeadow The greengrocer must have been a brother of my grandmother's butcher She used to tell us as children that his pies contained equal quantities of horse and rabbit - one horse to one rabbit. We believed her for ages.

watermeadow Sat 01-Sep-18 21:08:19

My lifelong favourite joke:
A woman goes into a greengrocers and says,”A pound of nuts, please, and not too many coconuts.”

Blinko Sat 01-Sep-18 17:03:30

Mares eat oats and does eat oats......reminds me of graffiti seen in Liverpool by the docks. The official notice said - Mersey Docks and Harbour Board and some wag wrote ...and little lambs eat ivy.

sparkly1000 Sat 01-Sep-18 12:16:17

A C ofE vicar, a Jewish rabbi and a Catholic priest share a train compartment.
The vicar suggests as it's just the three of them they might speak about a secret they were ashamed of.
The rabbi said that he was ashamed that he often emptied the collection box and bet the money on horses.
The vicar said he was ashamed that his weakness was women and he often visited brothels.
They both turned expectantly to the priest who said.
"I'm ashamed to say I'm a terrible gossip".

Rufus2 Sat 01-Sep-18 09:17:53

Man goes into outpatients at hospital ; his legs are covered in blisters. Nurse says "'ow did you do that?"
"opening a tin of soup; the label said "stand in hot water for 10 minutes!"
Sorry! sad

pollyperkins Fri 31-Aug-18 15:39:28

A kid'll eat ivy too, wouldnt you?
My mother used to sing that too!

Squiffy Fri 31-Aug-18 13:38:35

Oh, I didn't know there was any more to it Elegran! Thanks, I've learnt something new!

Elegran Fri 31-Aug-18 13:37:05

If the words sound queer
And funny to your ear
A little bt jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats,
And little lambs eat ivy"

Squiffy Fri 31-Aug-18 13:34:24

Forgot the next line!

"A kiddley divey, too, wouldn't you?"

Squiffy Fri 31-Aug-18 13:31:59

Elegran My DF used to quote that one!

Also, "Mairzy dotes and dozy dotes, but liddle lamzy divey"!

callgirl1 Thu 30-Aug-18 23:30:54

I`m admitting to being incredibly thick, I didn`t get Maw`s riddle until PollyP explained it!

Elegran Thu 30-Aug-18 19:09:20

It isn't the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you offin.

Oldwoman70 Thu 30-Aug-18 16:46:35

Got it in one Elegran you are obviously too clever for me grin

Elegran Thu 30-Aug-18 16:40:15

A coffin?

Oldwoman70 Thu 30-Aug-18 16:29:45

Another riddle:

The man who made it doesn't want it, the man who bought it doesn't need it and the man who needs it doesn't know it.

What is it?

pollyperkins Thu 30-Aug-18 14:27:57

Actually very simple Rufus. Just count the number of letters in the words! Reminds me of the old playground joke : constantinople is a very big word. If you can 't spell it you're the biggest fool in the world. The joke being that 'it' is spelt I T.

Rufus2 Thu 30-Aug-18 10:23:21

Well I'm very slow this morning, have only just worked out Maw's riddle
Polly; Please share it! Nothing will shock me! shock
I'm even slower and we've had a perfectly shocking day, weatherwise, freezing cold and wet and it's the penultimate day of official Winter. Oh for some warmth!

MawBroon Thu 30-Aug-18 09:52:34

Oops, forgot the smilesmile

MawBroon Thu 30-Aug-18 09:51:58

Duh!

Rufus2 Thu 30-Aug-18 09:50:16

A riddle for a change.
Maw; this is a change of pace, but can this old dodderer ask for an answer, please, from either you or your cheer squad. Hope it's clever. confused