Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Aug-18 06:30:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking brighter this morning in brackley , key shop this morning , then bank later then leisure with TV watching the tour of Spain
Mick

cornergran Fri 31-Aug-18 06:40:43

Morning Mick, Morning All. Bright beginnings in our corner of Somerset. Out and about today, sun is forecast so want to make the most of it. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Fri 31-Aug-18 06:45:17

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire. We are going to test drive a potential new car this morning. I hope we like it as I'm quite cheesed off with the process which seems to have been going on for ever. Dinner out with my younger brother and his wife tonight.

Enjoy your days everyone!

kittylester Fri 31-Aug-18 06:45:44

Morning corner

Gagagran Fri 31-Aug-18 07:05:56

Morning Mick, corner, kitty and everyone

It's a bright and mild start to the day here on the south coast.

Good luck with the search for a car kitty - it can be a long job.

Need to stir my stumps and do something today - my energy levels are low.

Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Fri 31-Aug-18 07:08:06

Good morning from a beautifully sunny Birmingham. Second day childminding my baby grandson. He and I both have colds, so I was expecting a disturbed night, but both of us slept well. We’ll have a quiet day today. A walk in the park, followed by a nap, then both my son and my partner are coming for lunch.
Good morning to everyone!

ninathenana Fri 31-Aug-18 07:10:30

Morning Mick, corner, kitty
and all.

A bit cloudy in Kent at the moment but the forecast is dry and it's warmed up again.
We had a lovely day at the park with DGSx2 yesterday. All that fresh air wore DGD and me out, not them though smile
Today we are going school shoe shopping......fun !
Have a good day everyone

NannyJan53 Fri 31-Aug-18 07:16:50

Good Morning everyone from a bright and sunny Black Country!

Had a lovely day yesterday driving over to Lichfield to meet friends for lunch. Today is a pottering round the house and washing the clothes from our trip and ironing!

Early evening we are off to the local Bonded Warehouse, where there is the monthly 'Street Food Affair', lots of different food and drink stalls, music etc, it is usually very good.

Have a lovely Friday.

Nana3 Fri 31-Aug-18 07:33:54

Good morning Mick and all. Sunny in Lancashire this morning. Should really do something today but have no plans.
Have a good day everyone.

travelsafar Fri 31-Aug-18 07:44:25

Looks like we have another nice day on the cards here in Letchworth. Walking to town to meet my sister for a coffee and a catch up at our knit and natter group,then popping to the library and walking back home and the plan is to get out in the garden. Enjoy what ever you are doing today if you can. smile

Marydoll Fri 31-Aug-18 07:50:53

Good morning Mick and all, a beautiful morning here in Glasgow.
A bit tired after my catch up with friends last night. We also bumped into mums from the school run twenty years ago, whom we hadn't seen for years and were still chatting ( not drinking!) at midnight! Our husbands were sending out search parties. 😀
Off out to get a replacement for a bathroom unit, which was damaged on arrival😣 Why is nothing ever easy?
Have a good day all, Kitty, happy car hunting!

ginny Fri 31-Aug-18 07:51:51

Good morning all.
A bright, sunny start here in N. Bucks.
Dropping DGS1 off for a cinema date wit his friends and I’ll go off to have a mooch around and / or find a comfy spot to sit with a book.
Will see how the rest of the day pans out before taking DGS home to Mum.

Pittcity Fri 31-Aug-18 07:58:07

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Laundry and shopping today.
We are test driving cars too Kitty as our old one is falling apart. DH is dithering as he is watching a lot of review videos. I prefer to go with gut feeling. I quite enjoy haggling with the sales person!

Greyduster Fri 31-Aug-18 08:01:00

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sunny in South Yorkshire. After a day with GS yesterday, we are winding down, although he ran out of steam before we did yesterday. We will watch him play football this evening - a season opening friendly. Disappointed that the plumber will not be starting our downstairs cloakroom tommorrow. Have a good day folks.

Anniebach Fri 31-Aug-18 08:20:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I think we have sunshine in Mid Wales, I am still in bed

NanKate Fri 31-Aug-18 08:23:26

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely bright sunshine in South Bucks today.

Have a number of mixed variety tits in the garden. Glad all the bird feeders are full and there is plenty of fresh water for them.

As you are watching the cycling Mick I will be virtually in New York watching the tennis.

Looking fwd to getting our not quite new VW from my brother in law who is buying a new one. We nearly always buy his cars as he keeps them in such good condition. Best of luck with your search Kitty.

Well what a dirty stop out you are Marydoll I bet you had fun.

Off to lunch with an old friend today. I have vouchers for the restaurant 👍

Auntieflo Fri 31-Aug-18 08:35:38

Good morning Mick, Annie, who beat me to it this morning, (I am also still in bed), and all who are already signed on smile.
Marydoll sorry to hear about your damaged bathroom unit.
I got my little DIY job done yesterday, without having to rush out to buy anything. Will wonders never cease?
It is another beautiful, bright, sunny day, and looking forward to coffee wit a friend, then the opticians.
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Fri 31-Aug-18 08:36:29

Yes, I do need my eyes tested. 'with' not wit

aggie Fri 31-Aug-18 08:49:26

Good Morning all from a very sunny Co Armagh , I think there was a heavy dew last night , the grass ( what's left of it ) is really wet . Had a great day yesterday , bought new curtains , and didn't need a mortgage as there was a 20% money off offer smile Just need to borrow very tall GS to hang them over the Patio doors

harrigran Fri 31-Aug-18 09:11:51

Good morningfrom a sunny NE.
We spent yesterday afternoon looking at cars, they no longer do the colour of our present car, and I don't like the colours they are offering. Must decide soon as it takes six months to delivery.
Off out to shops to collect a birthday cake for GD, thankfully a local supermarket has the very one she wants.

Mapleleaf Fri 31-Aug-18 09:46:13

Good morning all.

Greyduster has the forecast spot on. It looks as if we are in for a beautiful day.

A few garden jobs necessary today.

Enjoy your day everyone.