Gransnet forums

Chat

Comfortable, light, hardwearing, stylish shoes recommendations, please?

(39 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 15-Sep-18 14:40:38

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction, please?
I'm on my feet a lot at work, and travel a fair way to get there.
My poor old feet don't like it one bit, so I'm looking for shoes which are light, comfy, flat (that's essential!) and hopefully a bit stylish.
I'd welcome any suggestions. smile

MissAdventure Sat 15-Sep-18 14:41:13

Oh, and I like Mary Jane styles.

tanith Sat 15-Sep-18 15:01:49

Skechers every time for mr.

MawBroon Sat 15-Sep-18 15:03:39

Skechers from me too!

gillybob Sat 15-Sep-18 15:07:07

....and me. Sketchers have saved my life ! (Well not literally) but they are the only shoes I can walk in at the minute. I have just got some in a Mary Jane style (school shoes) for work.

MissAdventure Sat 15-Sep-18 15:20:36

Thank you.
I'm on my way to see 'Meg' at the cinema at the moment, but will have a look online for a pair of sketchers when I'm back.

Menopaws Sat 15-Sep-18 15:36:27

Sketchers just got my first pair, comfort from day one and look trendy

Fennel Sat 15-Sep-18 21:24:25

I wear Sketchers too.
If you know your size you can sometimes buy them much cheaper online than in a store.

Jane10 Sat 15-Sep-18 21:28:14

I have one pair of Sketchers too and I love them. They're not exactly dressy though and I have a posh do coming up. Any suggestions? No high heels - new knees just not up to them any more.

annodomini Sat 15-Sep-18 22:10:15

Skechers, though not if you want to look smart. I've been wearing my Skechers trainers today and hardly know I have them on, they're so light and comfortable. I bought a lovely light pair of Hotters shoes this summer, supportive and can be worn with or without tights.

annodomini Sat 15-Sep-18 22:10:16

Skechers, though not if you want to look smart. I've been wearing my Skechers trainers today and hardly know I have them on, they're so light and comfortable. I bought a lovely light pair of Hotters shoes this summer, supportive and can be worn with or without tights.

kathsue Sat 15-Sep-18 22:12:26

Try Hotter shoes. They are very comfortable and come in half sizes and different widths.

cornergran Sat 15-Sep-18 22:14:38

No experience of Skechers so cant comment on them. I like Pavers as a store and Rieker in particular as a brand. Hope you can get comfy feet missa, sore feet make for a miserable face smile.

MissAdventure Sat 15-Sep-18 22:27:10

Thank you all.
I'm going to look up all suggestions and treat my feet. smile
I can't wait to feel comfortable instead of like the little (big!) mermaid!

tinaf1 Sat 15-Sep-18 23:28:23

Sketchers or Hotters don't know what size you are ( I am 5) but bought sketchers kids same style but lot cheaper

ChaosIncorporated Sun 16-Sep-18 10:59:31

I have been a lover of Carvela and Ann Klein loafers for years...super comfy, and wasy to wear.
It seems style has finally caught up with me, as loafers now seem to be the in thing grin

MissAdventure Sun 16-Sep-18 11:17:50

Well, I've ordered a pair of skechers, but then I checked out Riekers too.
They're lovely!
I have my eye on a pair of those, so now I'm going to look on eBay, and see if anyone has a pair for sale. smile
Of course, i'll have to also look for all the others recommended too!

MissAdventure Sun 16-Sep-18 12:13:22

I've just ordered a pair of Hotter shoes in purple. smile
12.99 because they're last years style.
I'd better stop looking now, at least until pay day!

BBbevan Sun 16-Sep-18 12:31:25

Josef Seibel for me. Better looking than trainers and all leather. I have several pairs, one pair at least 10 years old. Still look good and are super comfortable Must get another pair for this winter .

Katek Sun 16-Sep-18 12:33:39

jane10 have a look at Gabor shoes in Debenhams. The ‘Fifi’ and ‘Tarbert’ styles might suit for your posh do!

Sorry about the ‘Fifi’ ..... who thinks up these daft names for styles? And don’t get me started on paint colours........

GrandmaMoira Sun 16-Sep-18 12:52:51

Ecco are more expensive but hardwearing. Clarks Trigenic range are very light and comfortable, a bit like Sketchers for fit but smarter as not trainer style.

Atqui Sun 16-Sep-18 12:54:32

Camper or fitflop

Farmor15 Sun 16-Sep-18 14:11:31

Rieker and Seibel are the ones I mostly buy for comfort and Rieker also do reasonably stylish ones.

giulia Sun 16-Sep-18 14:34:20

Skechers, Fitflop or Ecco.

SueDonim Sun 16-Sep-18 14:43:04

Missadventure, as well as good shoes (I like Hotter footwear) have a think about wearing orthotics or shoe inners.

My 22yo Dd is sometimes on her feet all day and she's taken to wearing gel insoles. She says they make such a difference! You can buy them in Boots and from Scholl but there are cheaper versions from places such as Home Bargains.