Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Mornung Saturday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Sep-18 06:23:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its grey and dry here in Brackley this Morning.
Usual Saturday out for me to Bicester and Buckingham .
Mick

cornergran Sat 22-Sep-18 06:41:35

Morning Mick, morning All. Dark, dismal and very damp in our corner of Somerset. Had hoped to have a walk and try to clear my bunged up head, maybe not as rain is forecast all day. Mr C would instead like to take some ‘stuff’ to a recently moved son, he thinks the trip would do me good. Not so sure myself but will give it a go, misery that I am. This too will pass and there are far worse things. So with a positive head on I wish you all a good Saturday. There’s still some nasty weather out there so be careful everyone.

Gagagran Sat 22-Sep-18 07:13:44

Morning Mick, corner and everyone!

It's dull and cloudy here on the south coast and we are promised rain from 11am so I am going to M&S early to pick up an order.

Sorry you are feeling so bunged up corner. Have you tried Olbas Oil? I put a few drops on a tissue, inhale the fumes gently and it certainly helps clear the tubes!

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

DoraMarr Sat 22-Sep-18 07:18:17

Good morning from the Somerset coast, still beautiful despite lowering cloud. Home today. I’ll entertain my two little granddaughters while their parents pack, then grit my teeth and gird my loins for the M5 and the journey home. ( I hate driving.) It has been a lovely week, and we are all planning to come back next year.

Pittcity Sat 22-Sep-18 07:34:52

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. The calm before the storm as we are promised afternoon rain that will persist until Monday.
DGS1 and 3 are up and about so I'd better go and feed them.

travelsafar Sat 22-Sep-18 07:49:08

Its grey and dull looking at the moment here in Letchworth, with a forcast of rain later this afternoon. I am off to town for a few bits, meeting my sister at 10.30 for coffee and a catch up, i will be taking holiday brochures with me as we want to plan a trip away for next year, then I might pop to the library if i have time. I am playing in a bowls competiton this afternoon, the last one of the season sad then i will have a date with my sofa for the evening!!! lol.

Brunette10 Sat 22-Sep-18 08:10:10

Morning to you all and all who follow. It's quite bright here today in Fife so lets hope it stays that way. No plans as yet but will be taking things easy again today. No rushing about for us. Anyone not feeling 100% look after yourselves.

Marydoll Sat 22-Sep-18 08:12:19

Good morning all. Cloudy here in Glasgow with a hint of the sun poking through. It looks quite cold outside.
I think I have Corner's bug, I coughed all day yesterday and my chest hurts, (not good if you are asthmatic).
I need to give myself a very big shake and get on with things, as DD is planning to visit today to dye the covers from her sofas. After all, why ruin your own washing machine, when you can ruin your parents? grin. I'm going to be very busy. smile and may need to bite my tongue.
Corner, I hope you feel better soon and Dora, safe journey. Those of us, who will be seeing grandchildren, enjoy.
Have a pleasant Saturday, one and all.

harrigran Sat 22-Sep-18 08:13:24

Good morning, cloudy but dry here in the NE.
Nothing planned for the weekend so will catch up with my reading.

ginny Sat 22-Sep-18 08:17:05

Good morning. Dull in N. Bucks. Determined to do some craft work today as I have lots to finish of and even more to plan and start.

Alygran Sat 22-Sep-18 08:18:35

Good morning from cloudy North Yorkshire.
Thank you for the messages yesterday. You cheered me up! Nice evening with DD2 and today DD1 and family arrive. Roast beef for dinner.
Have a good day everyone.

PECS Sat 22-Sep-18 08:18:39

Hello... not 100% sure what's going on weather wise as am still in bed and the blind is down. Sounds dry & less blustery than yesterday but no sunshine is squeezing round the edge of the blind..so probably a grey day here in mid Surrey! Only plan today is a trip to the cinema at 5:30 to see The Little Stranger. ....maybe a bite to eat somewhere afterwards!

MawBroon Sat 22-Sep-18 08:22:10

Good morning. It’s looking a bit dreich here in N Bucks.
Not a lot planned today except a trip to a production of The Crucible at Sharnbrook tonight.
(Guess who had forgotten Strictly would have started! ??)

Greyduster Sat 22-Sep-18 08:23:05

Good morning Michael, and all GNs. It is cool and grey in South Yorkshire but, at least for the moment, dry. DS is here for lunch today and then football with his dad, and GS is coming over later to stay over. I’ve promised to make him a chicken pie for his tea. Have a good day, folks!

Anniebach Sat 22-Sep-18 08:25:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

No idea what weather is doing in Mid Wales, still in bed, expect it’s raining.

Hope all have a pleasant day x

gillybob Sat 22-Sep-18 08:31:26

Good morning everyone x

Willow10 Sat 22-Sep-18 08:39:54

Good morning all from a dry but calm East Northants. I think we might escape the rain until this afternoon. Pottering day for me, then catching up with the week's recordings. MawBroon, I often drive through Sharnbrook to get to Emmaus - do you know it? Enjoy the play. Hope all those under the weather feel better. Have a good day everyone.

oldgoat Sat 22-Sep-18 08:42:25

Morning all.
It's a bit grey here in York but the forecast is for dry weather for the next week , thank goodness. Don't want our precious newly-built foundations filling with water!

Having a lie-in today. What a treat!

DD is returning from her Nepalese holiday today. I won't be able to relax until I know that she's safely home.

Lots of germs wafting around on GNET. Hope you will all be feeling better soon.

Auntieflo Sat 22-Sep-18 08:59:09

Good morning Mick, Annie, already here I see, have you tried Fred out again yet? and all other GN's.
Nothing much planned for today, oh yes, shopping, bleugh.
Coffee with friends first though, much nicer.
Gillybob, welcome to the weekend, have a good one smile
Marydoll, you are such a good mum, letting DD use your W/M for dying her sofa covers.
It's actually not too bad here, at present, at least it's dry.
Yesterday I put out two wash loads to dry, it got severely rained on, but did actually dry beautifully later.
Enjoy your day one and all.

NanKate Sat 22-Sep-18 11:22:45

Morning Mick and All.

Staying with DS andtwo GSs. So far I have done disco dancing to the Foo Fighters, been taught a new dance step, got breakfast for the boys, Nipped to get the papers, walked to the football pitch as we couldn't drive as the road is being dug up by the water people. Prepared coffee on the pitch, walked back ahead of the others so that I can get a quick lie down before going into Brighton for a pre Birthday Lunch with all my boys at the Brazilian restaurant.

It feels like 6.00pm and it is only 11.15. Send in the oxygen.

Mary will send Dr K back to you, you sound as if you need him.

Blue45Sapphire Sat 22-Sep-18 11:27:28

Morning all from a very grey Northampton. Thank goodness that wretched wind has dropped a bit. Having a quiet day, might sort a few more things out for the charity shop.

aggie Sat 22-Sep-18 11:35:01

Good Morning from a brightish day here in co Armagh , we had a wet day yesterday so getting the washing out today , ironing fairy comes tomorrow smile
Art class went ok after a rocky , huggy start , Thanks for the flowers
I had a funny lurgy a week or so ago so sympathise with all the poorly people xxx