Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Wed 26-Sep-18 06:27:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry and clear here this morning in Brackley .
Whilst out yesterday brought a new showerhead it works great ,and suits me better .
Mick

Blue45Sapphire Wed 26-Sep-18 11:31:28

Welcome CAWoods! You are so lucky to live in beautiful Wiltshire - I am Wiltshire born and bred, but haven't really lived there since I was 21.

Greyduster Wed 26-Sep-18 09:24:26

Blimey Terribull I hope there is no lasting damage, and that it doesn’t spoil your holiday!
Good morning CAWoods and welcome!

Mapleleaf Wed 26-Sep-18 09:23:17

Good morning all,
As greyduster says, it's a lovely, bright sunny morning here in South Yorkshire. A bit chilly at the moment but due to warm up a bit later. I love these kind of Autumn days. ?

Well, I got all the holiday washing completed yesterday, so today I have the joy of ironing it all!

Welcome to GN CAWood.

harrigran Wed 26-Sep-18 09:05:54

Good morning, welcome CAWoods. It is overcast and windy here in the NE but it has been getting gradually warmer since evening yesterday.
DH usually has an afternoon out on a Wednesday which allows me to catch up with TV.

loopyloo Wed 26-Sep-18 09:03:34

Morning everyone. Beautiful morning in East London. Taking rubbish from the shed to the tip then stuff to charity shop as part of my rationalization program.
ie a big clear out!

Willow10 Wed 26-Sep-18 09:00:29

Welcome CAWoods!

lemongrove Wed 26-Sep-18 08:56:15

Lovely day here, golden sunshine and blue skies.
Lazing about at the moment but meeting GNers for lunch later, hooray! smile

CAWoods Wed 26-Sep-18 08:47:02

Good morning everyone, this is the first thing I’ve posted on Gransnet! It’s a glorious sunny, but chilly morning here in Wiltshire. Not much on today for me just a bit of a pampering at the hairdresser. Have a great day all.

Anniebach Wed 26-Sep-18 08:40:18

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nana3 Wed 26-Sep-18 08:28:29

Good morning all, no rain but grey at the moment in Lancashire. Sorry to hear about your eye problems Marydoll, you have reminded me to make an appointment, thank you.
Have a good day everyone.

TerriBull Wed 26-Sep-18 08:21:16

Good morning from southern Spain, red hot here especially in Seville, such a beautiful city. On the coast today hiding behind sunglasses as I managed to trip over a paving stone and fall flat on my face, my nose took the brunt ouch! but now two great big shiners to add to my grazed nose. My poor husband who has been so sympathetic to me, worries how two black eyes reflects on him sad Thank God for sunglasses, I won't be taking them off even inside, although no doubt it does look a bit pretentious, can't be helped.

Luckygirl Wed 26-Sep-18 08:20:01

Two of my DDs did Art History at uni, and one went on to do an MA - I was SO envious! Enjoy Maw!

Greyduster Wed 26-Sep-18 08:19:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sun here in South Yorkshire again. We spent the day in the garden yesterday and I paid for it, as I had to take pain killers for my hip last night, but it’s not bad this morning. People have worse problems. We are going out for lunch later, and a gentle walk. I hate gentle walks. Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Wed 26-Sep-18 08:18:49

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The heating has clicked on but it's going to be back to 20 degrees outside this afternoon. Wearing layers to go into town for usual Wednesday coffee meet up and carrying some of said layers home after shedding them.

aggie Wed 26-Sep-18 08:12:05

Maw I did history of Art for A level , it is so interesting , wish I could remember more of it ..... mind you it was over 60 yrs ago lol

MawBroon Wed 26-Sep-18 08:07:03

Good morning all from crisp and sunny N Bucks. This is beautiful weather isn’t it?
Art History this afternoon - medieval glass. I love just sitting back, listening and learning, but no essays or testing at the end of the course (just as well)
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Brunette10 Wed 26-Sep-18 08:06:07

Morning everyone from a windy and showery Fife. Not nice at all and we are supposed to be getting a new front door fitted today - joy! DD and DGS also coming for a visit, not sure what we shall do with the weather being as it is and of course a big open front door. However we shall survive. Hope everyone under the weather will feel better soon.

aggie Wed 26-Sep-18 08:03:54

Good Morning everyone , managed to dig myself out of bed this morning ! Got Village Club later then better do some tidying , looks grey out there , might have rained in the night

Auntieflo Wed 26-Sep-18 08:03:17

Good morning Mick, Annie to come and all others.
Gagagran at least you will be able to sit comfortably until your new suite arrives. We only had one day between departure and arrival of old and new, and it wasn't very comfy.
Looking forward to our GN meetup later, just hope the bus co-operates and is on time.
Enjoy your day one and all.

Blue45Sapphire Wed 26-Sep-18 08:00:05

Good morning everyone from a bright and very sunny Northampton. Up showered and dressed early this morning as they may be laying new turf today or tomorrow, he couldn't tell me which day. Heating's on to warm the house through; managing to resist putting it on in the evenings yet though! And Sainsbury's are delivering between half eight and half nine. Am trying another health walk this afternoon after my first one yesterday - it's good to have people to walk with, don't like walking on my own.

Luckygirl Wed 26-Sep-18 07:50:36

Lovely day here and the first thing I saw was the moon.

Marydoll - there was a programme on radio 4 last night about MD - In Touch I think - there was a whole lot about new research into MD. Might be worth listening to.

OH hopeless this morning- weak and depressed - I will try to speak to a GP.

gillybob Wed 26-Sep-18 07:44:16

Good morning everyone x

ginny Wed 26-Sep-18 07:39:42

Good morning.
Another bright start in N. Bucks.
Off to monthly sewing day soon. Then going to stay at DD1s overnight as she and SIL have early starts tomorrow and we will be looking after DGS.

NanKate Wed 26-Sep-18 07:35:33

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny and warm is day in South Bucks. Meeting with a lovely old friend for coffee today.

DH soaked the shower in some solution for me and now it is almost as good as new. Glad you are pleased with your purchase Mick.

Do you have a Airfield near you Kitty ? My brother in law was strapped to a small plane and flew around Leicestershire for a local children’s Hospice some years ago. It was very scary but he managed it.

So sorry to hear about the early MD Mary if I am right you can be given tablets to slow it all down.

Willow10 Wed 26-Sep-18 07:27:38

Good morning all from a bright but cold East Northants. I saw the moon too Gagagran, it was lovely. I should be going to archery followed by a coffee meeting this morning, but I'm waiting to see if my sore throat improves after a Lemsip! Not really feeling up to it though so it might be a lazy day indoors. I hope now that your problems have been picked up Marydoll they will get on with some treatment quickly- best wishes. Hope everyone has a good day.