Eugenie’ wedding

(323 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 17:53:25

I have read

1 matron of honour

8 attendants

2 special attendants

Grandma70s Sun 14-Oct-18 08:25:58

One of my sons lives close to Windsor, and my Australian brother-in- law is visiting him there today. Unfortunately it is bucketing with rain and Windsor won’t look at its best. Pity.

PECS Sun 14-Oct-18 07:36:43

A fab place to be Phoenix Windsor Gt Park is lovely. My great uncle Walter was some kind of groundsman there post war & into 50s. I remember visiting. He & Aunt Emily had a cottage somewhere in the park.

phoenix Sun 14-Oct-18 00:04:53

A long time ago, I lived in Windsor Castle, King George IV Lodge, Lancaster Tower. (Lovely view down the Long Walk, irritating noise as the guards stomped about under the dining room window)

Some of the Royal Family, and their boyfriends/girlfriends had nick name/code names, and I can confirm that Mark Phillips was known as "Foggy"

Jalima1108 Sat 13-Oct-18 23:23:09

I didn't think they "lived together" although they live in the same, rather large, house.
Convenience?

merlotgran Sat 13-Oct-18 23:00:03

I thought Andrew seemed quite frosty towards Fergie. They barely made eye contact. Maybe they were wary of Philip and the Queen sitting so close to them.

gillybob Sat 13-Oct-18 22:50:28

the rest of “them” off .

gillybob Sat 13-Oct-18 21:20:21

Well for what it’s worth ( nothing) I like Fergie and I hope her and Airmiles live happily ever after ( even if it’s just to p*ss the rest of the off ) wink

Marmight Sat 13-Oct-18 20:01:32

Jack has a certain resemblance in character and looks to Mark Phillips (commonly referred to as Foggy!). I think he's probably just a thoroughly good egg and will make a jolly splendid husband for Youjaney.

Maggiemaybe Sat 13-Oct-18 17:45:56

Apparently his grandma told the press he was a charming boy, but not very intelligent. Gran!!! shock

Deedaa Sat 13-Oct-18 17:39:36

Didn't see much of it but thought the dress was lovely and the rather medieval design of the tiara suited it beautifully. The groom seemed very sweet, with the glasses on? glasses off dilemma.

merlotgran Sat 13-Oct-18 15:31:35

I did chuckle when Fergie had to beat a hasty retreat from Robbie Williams's daughter's questions.

'Are you the Queen?'

'No!'

'Are you a princess?'

'Yes!'

Er….No you're not, Fergie but I don't blame you for ducking out of explaining that one.

merlotgran Sat 13-Oct-18 15:21:00

'Use yer knee' is how I've always pronounced it.

lemongrove Sat 13-Oct-18 15:11:47

Do you think that the Queen reads Gransnet? crown

lemongrove Sat 13-Oct-18 15:07:43

Pronounced Youjeny apparently.

Grandma70s Sat 13-Oct-18 15:03:58

I’ve always pronounced it You-Janey. I’m glad to know how it should really be pronounced.

Anniebach Sat 13-Oct-18 14:50:04

Harry married a tv actress

Jalima1108 Sat 13-Oct-18 14:33:43

I always pronounced it You-Genie - as I'd always thought that Empress Eugenie's name was pronounced like that.

Yes...it is but in my view, it's an entirely truthful comment.
Not a truthful comment but an *opinion& (and a rather nasty one at that).

I think he's rather nice-looking - and what on earth is wrong with a royal princess marrying someone with a fairly ordinary job?
At least she hasn't been forced into marrying someone whom she didn't love.

Baggs Sat 13-Oct-18 14:23:14

I didn't know until yesterday that her name is pronounced YOO-jenny! How odd.

Anniebach Sat 13-Oct-18 14:22:28

The family did pay for the wedding

paddyann Sat 13-Oct-18 14:07:35

of course it is Bubbel but as her father apparently is worth 60 million + maybe HE should have footed the bill for HIS family wedding.You know just like the rest of us do .

ninathenana Sat 13-Oct-18 13:49:46

Thanks for the link Marydoll most of those pics aren't in the printer Daily Mirror or on the FB pages I've seen from W.W. sites.
I didn't like Nicola's outfit but admire her for not conforming.

Bubbe1 Sat 13-Oct-18 12:46:30

I watched the wedding on television and it was a beautiful, dignified event. I think that all of the negative comments I have read on Gransnet are really out of order. If the Queen wishes for her granddaughter to be married in a certain way it is her prerogative.

Marydoll Sat 13-Oct-18 12:38:06

If you follow the link I posted, you will see them, Sparklefizz. There is one with the Duchess of York and the parents of the groom.

Sparklefizz Sat 13-Oct-18 12:13:49

Ninathenana ^Why have I not found photos anywhere of Nicola and George Brooksbank the groom's parents confused
I was curious to see the MoG outfit^

Nicola B looked much better than Sarah Ferguson in my opinion. There are photos online if you look.

Grandma70s Sat 13-Oct-18 12:11:50

Savannah Phillips seems to be quite a character. I can see a resemblance to her grandmother Princess Anne in several ways. Her relationship with George is lovely to see.