Eugenie’ wedding

(322 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 17:53:25

I have read

1 matron of honour

8 attendants

2 special attendants

ninathenana Wed 10-Oct-18 18:00:19

I haven't bothered reading anything. I really don't care.

Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 18:09:42

But you posted ?

merlotgran Wed 10-Oct-18 18:19:54

It looks like she doesn't want to leave anyone out because Princess Anne's adorable granddaughters will be bridesmaids as well as Charlotte and Prince Edward's children the 'special attendants' - whatever they are.

Two of my DGDs will be in the crowd inside the castle grounds as they won golden tickets so I'll be watching the telly in the hopes of seeing them.

mcem Wed 10-Oct-18 18:46:16

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

Charleygirl5 Wed 10-Oct-18 18:49:52

Who is paying for it? I read this am it will cost over 2 million pounds.

Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 18:53:45

Hope they enjoy it merlot .

It has been reported the security will cost 2 million

annsixty Wed 10-Oct-18 18:58:59

What alters after the extravagant wedding.
I think they have lived together for some time, I have no problem there, everyone does it now.
It doesn't take millions to legalise it,just a simple privare ceremony.
I just don't get it.

Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 19:06:35

Many couples live together then have a wedding not just a simple private ceremony.

The cost of the wedding is their affair, the cost of the security for a carriage parade is so wrong,

BlueBelle Wed 10-Oct-18 19:23:32

Of no interest to me either but I guess as the country pays for the two girls who I don’t think do much in the way of work I suppose we are inadvertently paying for it

Jalima1108 Wed 10-Oct-18 19:25:49

I'm so excited I just can't wait.

What time is this wedding?

Oh no, just realised I have a school function that may clash. Never mind, perhaps she'll save me a piece of cake.

Jalima1108 Wed 10-Oct-18 19:26:41

I don't think we contribute anything to their upkeep or to the wedding costs, Bluebelle but we are paying for the security.

merlotgran Wed 10-Oct-18 19:33:01

What time is the actual ceremony? We have visitors coming for the weekend and we're all going out for lunch on Friday.

How inconsiderate of them. grin

Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 19:36:08

It isn’t being televised merlot, expect there will be bits on the news.

Blinko Wed 10-Oct-18 19:38:10

Couldn't give anoot. Apart from the £2m obv.

merlotgran Wed 10-Oct-18 19:38:29

Yes it is being televised. ITV are doing it.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 10-Oct-18 19:38:48

Anniebach I heard earlier that the This Morning program on itv is covering the wedding from 9.30am on Friday.

NanKate Wed 10-Oct-18 19:49:27

The wedding is being televised by ITV as part of their morning show so check with your TV guide. Eamon Holmes and his wife will host it from Windsor.

We went to Windsor shopping today. And it was overflowing with police. I saw one with a Geiger counter walking up and down a narrow lane checking for bombs. Most of the covers over drains were secured down with strong rubber to stop people burying anything.

Keith one of the rough sleepers still had his spot in the bus stand opposite the Castle so I am pleased to see he hasn’t been removed from what he thinks of as his place.

Windsor was surprisingly quiet today but by the time we left near 3pm it was heaving.

There are always a lot of Japanese tourists and the big department store Daniels has its own Japanese restaurant with the menu in both languages.

I shall buy some nice salmon and cream cheese sandwiches followed by gooey meringues from M and S washed down with something sparkling. Maybe DH will join me for a brief time, but it is not really his scene. ??

annsixty Wed 10-Oct-18 19:55:50

What a travesty. It is of no interest to the majority of the population.
My own situation with a partner with Dementia who can get very little support, which also means I get very little support is of far more importance to me.
His respite care which actually means my respite is being withdrawn from the end of October .
I will think of them on their honeymoon while I am changing him and dealing with him 24/7 .
Sorry, this just so brings this home.

Grandma70s Wed 10-Oct-18 20:21:38

I shall watch it if I can. I am not very interested in Eugenie, but I know Windsor (one of my sons lives nearby), so it will be nice to see that. I also like to see the little ones, George and Charlotte and their little friends.

merlotgran Wed 10-Oct-18 20:29:34

I wonder if Savannah Phillips is under order to behave? She was hilarious on the balcony at Trooping the Colour.

NanKate Wed 10-Oct-18 20:43:49

Ann you have put everything into perspective, whilst you are struggling to look after your DH on a daily basis, others are celebrating and money is being spent. I can understand your frustration. I hope sharing your thoughts on GN helps in some small way.

Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 21:43:40

Thank you , I didn’t think it was being televised.

I will watch because I like to watch weddings not because it’s Eugenie’s wedding, like to see who is wearing what.

Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 21:45:40

Ann, that is cruel , so wrong, may I ask ? can you appeal this decision, you need help so very much. ?

Granny23 Wed 10-Oct-18 22:09:02

It may seem off topic but why is it necessary to have £2million of security? I have spent 3 days at the 4000 delegate SNP Conference at the SEC in Glasgow alongside the entire Scottish Cabinet, various foreign dignitaries and important guests. There were no Police on duty outside or inside the Conference centre, no obvious security personnel, no checking of bags, etc. and therefore no cost whatsoever to the public purse. There were other smaller events taking place in the centre simultaneously, with attendees for all events mixing freely in the bars and restaurants. Admission to the auditorium itself was granted on production of delegates or visitors passes, checked by party members volunteering as stewards.

I am always amazed by the tight security and police presence at the other Parties Conferences and also any occasion involving the Royals - except in Scotland where Royals (usually Princess Anne) turn up, sometimes unexpectedly to charitable events with no fuss or apparent protection whatsoever.