Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Sun 14-Oct-18 06:28:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet but less windy here in brackley , usual day, will be putting the slow cooked beef in slow cooker for 5 hours or so at a low setting.
Mick

Rufus2 Mon 15-Oct-18 10:34:26

Schadenfreude is a very unattractive emotion Rufus
Maw; Here we go again! Every time I open my mouth you stick my foot in it. I'll have to start wearing size 14 boots. grin
As you can check; I have not breathed a word about your unfortunate trials and tribs. with today's weather. "Don't blame me: blame it on the weather" wink
I've been too engrossed with TV coverage of Harry and Meg's visit; I believe they've even brought their rain with them. wink

MawBroon Sun 14-Oct-18 14:42:51

Schadenfreude is a very unattractive emotion Rufus.

Rufus2 Sun 14-Oct-18 13:10:30

Its dark and wet but less windy here in brackley
G'Day Mick and Everyone; Sounds like a typical soggy Sunday in Blighty! sad
Lovely sunny Spring here; blue skies in Melbourne at last! Lovely!
Time to remind all the ladies to get out their beige woolly Autumn cardies and shawls, shake out the mothballs and bunker down for the end of daylight saving. Have a good day! smile

Mapleleaf Sun 14-Oct-18 10:23:42

Good morning all,
As greyduster says, it’s a very wet morning here too.
Many congratulations, kitty, you must be thrilled flowers.
Oh dear, marydoll, you must be so fed up by it all, and you, too * greyduster*.
Happy anniversary, harrigran. Hope you enjoy your day. ?
Sorry to hear about the flooding, Annie. I’ve seen it on the news and it looks dreadful. Hope your home hasn’t been affected. Take care.

TerriBull Sun 14-Oct-18 10:18:45

Good morning. Woken up to a wet Sunday but it's nothing really compared to parts of Wales. Glad to hear you haven't been flooded Annie.

gillybob Sun 14-Oct-18 09:15:20

A late good morning from me x

Huge congratulations Kitty smile

MawBroon Sun 14-Oct-18 08:51:06

Congratulations Harrigran and Harrigrandpa ??
If your weather is like it is here today, I suspect the Lakes may be coming to you!

cornergran Sun 14-Oct-18 08:49:50

Morning Mick, morning All. Least said about the rain in our corner of Somerset the better. The puddles have joined up. No idea what we’ll do today, lots of things I should do, doubt I will. Can imagine the excitement in your house kitty, enjoy the day ahead. Commiserations marydoll and greyd, been there, oh so frustrating. Congratulations to you both harrigran, change of plan maybe? Stay dry everyone.

MawBroon Sun 14-Oct-18 08:49:31

Oh my goodness Annie are you and you neighbours OK?
Is there support for you if you need anything?
Keep safe!

Auntieflo Sun 14-Oct-18 08:48:30

Good morning Mick, Annie to come and all others. Congratulations Kitty on the arrival of your new grandson. Tell us all about him soon.
Marydoll I bet you are fed up with your kitchen, but, it will be lovely when finished.
It's grey and wet here, so an umbrella when we go out to Church later.
This afternoon I have a jigsaw puzzle to do, and as I haven't done one for years, I'm looking forward to 'wasting' time. It's one of those where you have to puzzle out the finished picture.

Anniebach Sun 14-Oct-18 08:45:22

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

We were hit by the storm, villages cut off, river running through the town which has flooded houses in the past thankfully rose to just 2 inches below the bridge but no further.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pittcity Sun 14-Oct-18 08:43:31

...and Congrats to the Harris ?

Pittcity Sun 14-Oct-18 08:41:51

Good morning from grey, wet but still warm Colchester. Yesterday was a gorgeous day spent outside, today the total opposite.
Sunday roast at lunchtime as DH is having his knee scanned at 6pm tonight!
Many congrats to the Lesters ?

ginny Sun 14-Oct-18 08:39:33

Good morning . Pouring with rain here in N. Bucks. DD 3 and family coming for lunch. Holiday unpacking can wait until they have gone.
Congratulations Kitty and all your family.

Greyduster Sun 14-Oct-18 08:39:26

Congratulations Harri and Mr Harri! ?? have a happy day whatever you decide to do!

Greyduster Sun 14-Oct-18 08:38:15

Marydoll ??

harrigran Sun 14-Oct-18 08:37:38

Good morning from a damp, grey NE.
It is our wedding anniversary and we are supposed to be going to the Lakes but not sure it is wise.
Congratulations kitty lovely news.

Willow10 Sun 14-Oct-18 08:25:34

Good morning all from a very grey, wet East Northants. I'm not complaining though, it must be our turn after a really fine week and such a beautiful day yesterday. Finally managed to get a new phone case from Northampton market after looking for months. Today will be hunkering down with knitting and catching up on tv recordings. Congratulations to Kitty and Family!

Brunette10 Sun 14-Oct-18 08:23:44

Morning everyone, dull here in Fife although the rain has stopped. Just reading everyone's posts today some good and some not so good - oh dear.

Kittylestyer - hope all is well have you come down from cloud nine yet? Marydoll - I do feel for you I can imagine how you are feeling but try and keep your chin up things can will get better. To all hopefully the day will be good to you and enjoy your Sunday.

Marydoll Sun 14-Oct-18 08:13:05

Thanks, Greyduster, thats not so good. You must be pretty disappointed.
it's been nothing but a catalogue of disasters here. They men got little done yesterday, as they discovered the condensing pipe for our boiler had been installed wrongly. The whole kitchen floor was up, I could have wept.
Then as they were leaving, a unit fell off the wall.?Worse was to come. After they left, we realised that once the range is in, we won't be able to open the cupboard next to it.☹️?
These are the men who made a fantastic job of building the extension, so I don't know what has gone wrong.
As they are doing it as a " homer", heaven knows when they will finish.
My downstairs looks a if we have been burgled.?

Gagagran Sun 14-Oct-18 08:09:55

Morning everyone! It's raining cats and dogs here on the south coast but the wind has dropped and it is warm. The roses are still in full and copious bloom. It's been a great year for roses here.

Hope you get your cuddle with the new addition kitty. Nothing quite like the scent and feel of a new baby - scrumptious!

Have a good day folks.

Blue45Sapphire Sun 14-Oct-18 08:05:10

Good morning all; throwing it down here in Northampton, and I am going to get very wet going to the cinema this afternoon! Going to see the Cliff Richard concert, the rerun of the live concert that was streamed on Friday evening. Must get dinner out of the freezer before I go!
Congratulations Kitty on the new grandson.
And Saints lost yesterday......

Greyduster Sun 14-Oct-18 07:56:59

If it’s any consolation, Marydoll we had a bit of a disaster with our downstairs loo project too. It currently doesn’t have a sink! Hope you can cook soon though!!

Greyduster Sun 14-Oct-18 07:53:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is persisting down here in South Yorkshire and unless it is called off, we are going to a football match and then to lunch at DD’s. Mick save me some of your slow cooked beef?! Kitty how lovely you get to see the new babe today. I’m sure the children will be entranced by him! Have a happy peaceful day, folks.

MawBroon Sun 14-Oct-18 07:35:09

Good morning everyone ☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️?????
Guess the weather!
An indoor day today (wish I had put the bins out yesterday ready for tomorrow morning though

Congratulations kittylester and all the family! ???