Gransnet forums

Chat

How's it been for you?

(53 Posts)
paddyann Sat 10-Nov-18 12:38:15

Sitting here chatting to my MIL who has just said that there have been 4 things in her life that didn't go how she wanted ,amongst the 4 was a boyfriend she "really liked" dumping her when she was 17 and the sale of a house she wanted falling through .I said I think if thats all thats gone wrong in her life then she is a very lucky woman .
Over to you ladies,how HAS it been for you? Have you lived a charmed life or have you had misfortune and difficulties thrown at you?
Been a bit of a mixed bag for us with some real horrors over the years ,some I wouldn't wish on anyone ...even my worst enemy .

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 13-Nov-18 14:50:41

You've beaten me to it HillyN! That's what my mum would have said. There must be very few people who haven't had their share of difficulties over the years.
I've had the disappointment of losing my DH in his mid-fifties - I expect he was p!"£$%d off about it too.
I agree that it isn't what happens to you but how you deal with it that makes the difference.

4allweknow Wed 14-Nov-18 18:22:43

Being born to old parents. Now going back a good few decades 45 and 48 year olds were 'old' by today's standards. Feel I missed out on a lot of things. I loved going to friends' houses where parents were about 20 years younger and there was a lot of nonsense and joking going on. Of course parents dying when in my early 30s also made me feel I had missed.