Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop' s warm and welcoming kitchen.

(1000 Posts)
annsixty Sun 25-Nov-18 11:53:15

Panache flowers

dragonfly46 Sun 25-Nov-18 11:30:14

Ann so sorry to hear of your troubles. It is very hard when loved ones go into care but at least they were on the ball and the doctor was called. It is very hard to let go of the responsibility you feel but believe me it does get easier as things settle down.

Panache I have been reading your blogs as they are relevant to me at the moment. What an amazing person you are. I do hope things improve for you and that you maintain the strength to cope.

Sending you both big hugs xx

Panache Sun 25-Nov-18 11:15:05

Sorry folks but little pleasing news from Chez Panache,hence keeping a low profile.

Not only is my dear man truly struggling,but determindly holding fort......just... whilst my own health has grossly suffered by these latest developments.

Whilst to boot an offer on our property has been thrown into the mix..........again wrong timing.

Wishing you all well.

Marydoll Sun 25-Nov-18 11:07:00

Ann, I'm so sorry to hear that. not easy, but try and get some rest today. Take care.

annsixty Sun 25-Nov-18 11:01:55

Good morning all.
The best laid plans etc.
Spent 3hours in A&E last night with H who was weeing Ribena.
The GP was called who sent him to hospital, I went at 11pm and happily all went quickly.
He was diagnosed with another UTI but never blood and so much of it before, so he has to go back as an outpatient for a CT scan and a cystoscopy.
They kept him in overnight and I got home at 2:30 am
My relaxation seems some way off yet.

annodomini Sun 25-Nov-18 10:28:25

kitty, what a lovely smile from Wolfie. Is that his mum who's being favoured?
This is a very comfortable new kitchen soop. Where did you manage to get such a big cosy sofa? It looks infinitely accommodating. I'd like to spend the whole day sprawling on it. However, I have to do some writing for the Creative Writing Group meeting tomorrow. The topic we set is 'A Child's Dream'. Not my suggestion.

Izabella Sun 25-Nov-18 10:08:54

Dreary grey morning so far but the bell ringers cut through the gloom with a spendid quarter peel. They certainly wont get me through any church door, but the sound does gladden the heart, and coming through the mist was quite ethereal.

Soop hope the painting is coming along a little easier I truly admire your skill and look forward to unpacking the last couple of boxes here to bring a certain feline into the daylight once more. Have you ever tried any grisaille work?

Lazy day after an outing to a fine production of Giselle on stage last night preceded by pre-theatre dining. Felt like a princess. A wonderful evening.

Anne your posts are exhibiting a more relaxed persona and I hope life is indeed easier for you now and that Mr 60 is settling in.

Oh dear Willow. Time for someone to hand the licence back by the sound of it {said gently and with the safety of all in mind) That is a serious concern for you both.

So, Chatsworth christmassy things are out as they are charging £10 per car to park on the grass shock May give Haddon Hall a whirl via bus. Greyduster have you read about the vandalism at the Ashopton site? Very sad.

So - onwards and a day looking at future day trips with current OH from our cosy settee. Must get on. Oh, has anyone ever made LIME curd?

harrigran Sun 25-Nov-18 09:55:40

Wolfie is gorgeous.
The new kitchen is cosy this morning.

Charleygirl5 Sun 25-Nov-18 09:48:02

A lovely new kitchen- Wolfie looks delightful.

I agree with everybody, I hope that (Ann* and Panache are okay.

Tara allowed me a lie in today, for which I was grateful but I have to get my act together because I am going out for lunch with a friend.

dragonfly46 Sun 25-Nov-18 09:02:11

Love the new kitchen!
Willow thank you for your good wishes.
Kitty love the first smile!

Christmas card writing today - DH prints all the addresses onto festive labels making the task fairly easy.
I don’t write a Christmas letter. I find other people’s often cringeworthy especially when you are wondering who Suzie was who died and the realise it was the gerbil!
Any thoughts on Christmas letters?

NanaandGrampy Sun 25-Nov-18 08:51:54

Morning all !

Its a bright but crisp day here and a new kitchen to get us going ! I'll have to track down the old one to check what happened before we moved !

Sadly GrannieQ once I get going all that tidy organised stuff gets spread around like hurricane Nana passed through , so I'm enjoying it while I can !

LOL * Willow* I forgot about the Police Nana sign . Jackson bought it for me and a blue flashing light for my scooter , when he was smaller he would ride with me and we would track down criminals together !!

I'm glad to hear I am not the only person to have a pet who snores. Sam can rev up quite a volume ( I suspect we should have called him Harley as he sounds like a motorbike !!)

ooooh cake and prosecco... lovely . Welcome to the world of the 8Kittys* Wolfie !! We must be due a new picture kitty !

I'm another that hopes the Panaches and Ann are doing better.

Well, I must go because...…. we're starting to pout our Christmas decorations today ! Before I hear groans from the cheap seats , in my defence , we want it all done bar the tree before the little boys arrive on the 8th for their trip on the Polar Express.

We're starting with the orangery and because of the high lantern roof we're trying something new - all silver and blue to create a frosty cavern... ( I suspect it looks better in my head than real life) but watch this space....oh yes...and it involves a ladder ( never good !!)

Happy Sunday all!

kittylester Sun 25-Nov-18 08:50:54

First smiles!

Nannytopsy Sun 25-Nov-18 08:30:32

An exciting drive Grannieq - I hope DH gets away with it! Cake and prosecco is just my kind of thing Kitty but I shall be shouting for Leicester Tigers - please don’t let it rain!

kittylester Sun 25-Nov-18 07:34:43

Followed the cake crumbs and the empty bottles so I knew you'd all be here. Love the decor - nice choice.

Missed the closing of the last kitchen - I hope all is well with everyone.

I hope you got some sleep corner. And gd, I imagine your dgs ran well - it must have been your presence.

Thinking of ann and The Panaches Sending love to them and anyone else who needs it.

We are having a prosecco and cake party this afternoon to welcome Wolfie to the family. Not sure he's old enough to partake but I definitely am!! If there is anything left, I'll pop back with it.

Willow500 Sun 25-Nov-18 07:23:32

Good Morning all – a new kitchen and I missed the closing down of the old one so had to back track to find how it all went down! What a lot happens in a day! The new décor is stunning – and yes GrannyQ I think we need to put the tree up next week!

N&G also love the West Wing – and the Police Nana sign especially grin Cooper’s ‘wedding’ reminded me of my GD’s ‘babies' Christening day when they were about 7 & 4. It went on for hours with these babies getting ever increasingly tossed around in and out of their prams. I have it on video somewhere – they’d be mortified now if I showed it to them grin

Dragonfly hope the biopsy comes back negative – worrying time for you and keeping busy does help a little bit. I used to be addicted to an online game called Blademistress but it closed down and I’ve never found anything to replace it. Now it’s just Solitaire on my iPad.

We had a lovely day yesterday celebrating GD2’s 17th. We went to their house first to see all the recent renovations. It’s been an ongoing project since they moved in last Jan with major ups and downs of damp, mice, cracked walls and umpteen other problems but they finally seem to be getting there thankfully. New windows fitted a couple of weeks ago caused all the plaster to fall off the inside walls so the window company sent a plasterer who has done a great job on all three. The chimney sweep had been and cleared the chimneys – DIL was a bit upset he didn’t have a Mary Poppins type brush though but had some kind of automatic one. It did the trick and the fire was lit and the radiators back on and the cottage was toasty warm. We followed GD1 and her boyfriend to TGI’s 45 mins away which all went well until he went round the roundabout in the wrong lane causing Mr W to take the wrong turning – he immediately did an illegal U turn at the traffic lights then spend the next 2 hours worrying about the cameras and what fine could result shock Time will tell if he got caught. Arrived home after a fun meal and both cats were fine.

Daph is in her bed on the desk at the side of me and was just snoring quite loudly – she suddenly woke up with a start and looked round wildly like the hounds of hell were after her and miaowed at me – bit of gentle reassurance and she’s settled down to sleep again. Even cats have nightmares grin

I can hear it pouring down outside so I think we may be staying put today although The Christmas List arrived late last night from Son1 and there is something on it for DIL from Hobbycraft which might mean a trip to Sheffield if I can persuade Mr W to venture out – hopefully no more driving dramas – he’s well used to driving round there having worked there for 4 years.

Have a nice day everyone. Still no word from Panache which is worrying.

cornergran Sat 24-Nov-18 23:21:08

Wow. New kitchen already. Love the decor, just having a few quiet moments on the new sofa (very comfy too), unwinding before bed. I love having our friend here but do too much of everything, including chatting, and get far too tired. Also eat too much so I’ll pass for now on the goodies, please leave me a crumb for tomorrow. Good night all. Sleep well.

grannyqueenie Sat 24-Nov-18 23:13:57

Just doing a reccie of the new kitchen, very smart and I see there’s space for a Christmas tree over there in the corner. Love the WestWing * n&g*, great storage too. I love a bit of organisation!
soop I do hope Tabitha pops in again, it’ll be disappointing if she disappears. Any news of Mr and Mrs P? .I do hope theyre ok and getting all the support they need. After a period of greatly improved sleep I had a dreadfully short night last night, I so must try to get my head down at a reasonable hour. Sleep well kitchen folk x

Nannytopsy Sat 24-Nov-18 22:45:41

Night night everyone, sleep tight x

soop Sat 24-Nov-18 22:39:35

Elvis, my idol!
Night night, sleep tight.

soop Sat 24-Nov-18 22:37:40

There is a cheeky red, a bottle of bubbly and cake, not home baked, but the best that I could buy, for the sharing of. Big sofa and new comfortable cushions for the lolling in. Have fun and, as ever, a welcoming hug for everyone.
Knowing that you have a new kitchen is all that matters. I'm ready for my bed. No visit from Tabitha as I say goodnight and sweet dreams.
Back tomorrow. X

Bellanonna Sat 24-Nov-18 22:34:13

Goodnight Kitchen ?✨

callgirl1 Sat 24-Nov-18 22:13:46

So sorry GreyD, I meant to say well done to your grandson.

callgirl1 Sat 24-Nov-18 22:11:39

The grey décor was a good idea, very classy, but understated.
Dragonfly, I never got the chance to see any of my idols when they were in their prime, but have seen a few groups and others over the last 20 years. I would have loved to have seen Billy Fury if he hadn`t died so young. And what I wouldn`t have given to have seen Elvis in the flesh!

Marydoll Sat 24-Nov-18 21:35:05

Just popping in to say" Hello!" to the lovely regulars and keep in the loop.
Mince pies and chocolate cake on offer.However, I'm not sharing my ?. Sorry! ?

soop Sat 24-Nov-18 20:55:38

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company.

Welcome and thank you all for your wonderful company.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion