Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Mon 26-Nov-18 06:27:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and cold outside here in Brackley , yesterday the trip to Gloucester Victorian Xmas market was Ok , coach drop off and pick up by the retail outlet shops , and then the walk to the market area , also managed a trip to the cathedral as well, where I got some xmas cards .
Mick

DoraMarr Mon 26-Nov-18 09:07:54

Good mornick Mick, Annie and everyone. It’s dry here in Birmingham, and the clouds are parting. I’m having breakfast in bed with the newspaper at my partner’s house, then I have an appointment with the practice nurse after my MOT, and the flu jab. I’m going to sort out my balcony later. I’m toying with he idea of a small Christmas tree with some outdoor lights, or a trio of box plants. The former would be pretty, but the later would be more practical as they would last after Christmas, and take up less room.
Annie, that’s good news! smile flowers

Auntieflo Mon 26-Nov-18 09:32:21

Annie just seen your post. Such good news re your EDMR treatment. A Christmas/ New Year present to look forward to.

Auntieflo Mon 26-Nov-18 09:33:10

EMDR even! ?

Coconut Mon 26-Nov-18 10:04:45

Sussex weather a bit brighter today ..... Just getting ready to go to London for the Tina Turner musical which should be good. One of my granddaughters is here as the school has 2 inset days, so am leaving her with DD till I get back tonight. Have a good day everyone ....

Urmstongran Mon 26-Nov-18 10:05:24

Warm sunshine over here in Malaga but boy, is it windy! I’m meeting my ladies this afternoon for our weekly get together. I hope to walk to the bar in the slipstream!

oldgaijin Mon 26-Nov-18 10:24:18

Greetings one and all from a cloudy but dry Aberdeenshire. Sounds like a small war has broken out as the local estate has a pheasant shoot, BAH. Grown men shooting babies that have only just learned to fly.

Harris27 Mon 26-Nov-18 10:38:03

Morning everyone! Cold but brighter day in northeast had busy weekend but back to work later on. Trying to write what presents I need as have one off shopping day thursadybhooe I get most done!

Kim19 Mon 26-Nov-18 11:03:57

Morning everyone! The weather here in my North does nothing to invite me outside which is a good thing because I've no excuse not to continue with my painting. Bright and white which is as therapeutic as it gets for me. Hope you all manage to enjoy whatever you've chosen to do and survive that which you must. Onwards!

NemosMum Mon 26-Nov-18 11:08:09

Morning All, It's bright and intermittently sunny in Jesmond Newcastle. Need to order a new Footprint Tracker for my dad (93) in case he goes AWOL from his Care Home again.

glammagran Mon 26-Nov-18 11:19:35

Sunnyish here atm in North Wiltshire. Very happy start to week as we saw daughter over weekend who has been awarded a distinction for her masters degree. She did this and an internship and only finished her dissertation 3 days before having her baby.

David1968 Mon 26-Nov-18 11:27:33

Good morning from the sunshine over Morecambe Bay, Lancashire. Cold, but bright, and there's no wind. DH is out at a group and I'm catching-up on jobs at home. I feel like having a charity shop mooch, this afternoon....

Mapleleaf Mon 26-Nov-18 11:50:35

Good morning.
Late today, but been busy. Packed DH lunch this morning for him to take with him to work, then went off to coffee morning, and just got back.
I made the Christmas puddings yesterday, so once they are cold I shall re-wrap them in fresh greaseproof and cling wrap and store them in the fridge.
Then I also plan to write some cards and perhaps make a start wrapping gifts.
Hope those of you under the weather soon feel brighter.
Good news about your EMDR Annie.
Take care all. ?

Mapleleaf Mon 26-Nov-18 11:51:42

Foil, not cling wrap. (I really should check more carefully before posting)! ?

moggie57 Mon 26-Nov-18 12:20:47

monday morning and i woke up in agony. pain between my shoulder blades.and my wrist joints are in agony...so have wrapped my wrists up and put pain reliever patches on my hot spots...and taken 2 ibruprovin......base of neck is agony. so yes hello monday morning..groan..........!!!!!! in half hour off to do my voluntary job at salvation army charity shop.1-5pm. have to be careful what i do today ,but feeling a bit better with all the painkillers actually tingling now....

LadyKathleen Mon 26-Nov-18 17:34:16

Good Morning from Seattle!
This is the first time that I've posted on Gransnet, though I've been following all of you for quite some time. I realize that so many of us have so many situations in common.

First of all, I want to apologize for my pretentious username. When I first created a file, I was perplexed so chose something I thought appropriate for Great Britain. Now I'm a little embarrassed about it.

It's a rainy and chilly morning here. I plan to make a huge pot of vegetable soup today while taking down Fall decorations from our dining room/living room.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

quEEEniE Mon 26-Nov-18 17:47:31

Hi everybody l do love these posts.

NfkDumpling Mon 26-Nov-18 18:29:36

Hi LadyKathleen and welcome! Its lovely to here from the other side of the world. The more the merrier! You have Fall decorations? Are they for Thanksgiving? And do you replace them with Christmas decorations? (They’re called trimmings where I live, not sure if that’s just a local thing.)

Urmstongran Mon 26-Nov-18 19:15:43

Welcome LadyKathleen! Good to have you join us from over t’pond - it will be interesting to get your take on topics.

LadyKathleen Mon 26-Nov-18 23:39:08

Thank you for your gracious greetings! I so appreciate positive thoughts.

We had modest Fall decorations. I attempted to upload a few pictures, but I got a message that some of them weren't the right pixel size and I didn't know how to fix that problem. So I'm just posting a photo of our hall lobby since we live in a condo and I was responsible for the Fall decorations.

I will be replacing all of my decorations with Christmas trimmings. I use the word 'decorations' and 'trimmings' interchangeably.

narelle222 Mon 26-Nov-18 23:57:31

In the middle of a heat wave here on The Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Wish I could borrow some of your low temperatures. Stay safe all.