Gransnet forums

Chat

Hospital Appointment and I’ve lost details

(11 Posts)
ClarenceTheAngel Sat 15-Dec-18 12:31:16

Sorry if this a stupid question but I went to see my GP this week for a minor complaint and he has referred to hospital next week for an appointment to have my ears microsuctioned.
He wrote where and when I was supposed to go and I’ve lost the details.
If I ring the surgery, will the receptionist have access to the details and tell me .

aggie Sat 15-Dec-18 12:34:51

Try and see , but there probably wont be any one there now , wait till Monday . In the meantime turn out your pockets / handbag / shopping bag /Waste paper Basket , and see if the memo turns up smile

Izabella Sat 15-Dec-18 14:04:34

Or you could ring the hospital switchboard and ask for ENT appointments. Alternatively it may be a walk in ENT clinic.

Main thing is not to panic.

MissAdventure Sat 15-Dec-18 14:07:09

Start with phoning the surgery.
Your doctor must have got the details of the appointment from the hospital, so hopefully can give you them again.
I'm always doing things like this, and usually manage to sort it out.

Grammaretto Sat 15-Dec-18 14:11:55

The appointment cards always disappear. Ring the switchboard at the hospital and ask for ENT appointments.
Good luck with the micro suction. Is that a new way of syringing ears?

Jalima1108 Sat 15-Dec-18 14:44:13

Our local hospitals have a centralised service but if you phone the switchboard they will put you through to the right department.
After some mix-ups a couple of years ago I now get an appointment card, a follow-up letter, about three emails and three or four texts.

MawBroon Sat 15-Dec-18 15:09:04

It will presumably be the ENT department, you could try them.

Jane10 Sat 15-Dec-18 15:37:10

Microsuction is great! Very odd feeling and noises in your ear then, suddenly, you can hear so much better. I hope you find your appointment details soon.

Jalima1108 Sat 15-Dec-18 18:06:01

I had it done years ago, it is not at all unpleasant and the results were very good.

silverlining48 Sat 15-Dec-18 19:13:19

Another fan of microsuction. You were lucky to get an appointment so quickly,, it’s usually quite a wait in this area.

ClarenceTheAngel Sun 16-Dec-18 09:58:11

Thanks all, I will try the surgery Monday.The GP was great- he said I have a very severe ear infection and he pushed for for this appointment.He said it couldn’t wait.