Gransnet forums

Chat

And the award for "The Most Stupid Question" goes to.........

(281 Posts)
phoenix Mon 17-Dec-18 22:38:57

Mr P!

I phoned him recently to say that he would need to drive to were I work, because I couldn't get all of the Amazon delivery parcels in my car.

He asked "why?"

Errm, because the parcels were quite large, and my car (a Smart Roadster) is very small. tchconfused

Then, 2 days later in Lidl, when we had a 6 pack bottle of water in the shopping, I said "I may have to open one of those in a minute"

Again he asked "Why?"

I could have replied that I had forgotten to have a shower before coming out, and was worried that my personal hygiene might not be up to standard, or that my skin was suddenly feeling so dry that only an instant topical application of water would save me from becoming a wrinkled old crone that very moment, but it was actually because I was thirsty!

And breathe...................

Jalima1108 Sat 22-Dec-18 20:11:40

tchgrin

phoenix Sat 22-Dec-18 20:05:50

chewbacca, funny that you ask.............tchwink

lemongrove Sat 22-Dec-18 14:53:12

Waitrose do very nice biased bone fingers, they come in packs of ten.

Jalima1108 Sat 22-Dec-18 14:51:11

ooh yes, I remember now ……..
tchwink

MawBroon Sat 22-Dec-18 14:47:06

Maybe a curse might be appropriate....?

Chewbacca Sat 22-Dec-18 14:34:39

Have you had occassion to use your biased boned finger of late Phoenix? tchsmile

phoenix Sat 22-Dec-18 13:53:00

tchblush

tchgrin

BTW absent I do actually have a biased bone in my body, it is very small (located in my left index finger, which I use when posting from my tablet) and it's use is carefully considered tchwink

Jalima1108 Sat 22-Dec-18 12:21:47

Thank you absent for posting what so many of us think.

I think it would take a great deal to make Phoenix cross.

I'm off to Curse the Gammon tchsmile

Squiffy Sat 22-Dec-18 10:52:35

Absolutely Absent. Here’s to looking at the wry/bright side of life, whatever gets chucked at us! tchsmile ??

Anniebach Sat 22-Dec-18 10:28:24

Agree Absent

Chewbacca Sat 22-Dec-18 10:15:22

What a wonderful post absent! Spoken for many of us too.

annodomini Sat 22-Dec-18 09:00:49

Well said, absent. I couldn't agree more. xx

Iam64 Sat 22-Dec-18 08:38:32

I like your post absent (22.12.16 at 06.23). Well, I;d like it if we had a 'like' button. I also agree with everything you say about Phoenix and Mr P

Anniebach Sat 22-Dec-18 08:29:19

I am puzzled, a post address to me says ‘if you must know’ followed by another epistle , but I didn’t ask a question !

absent Sat 22-Dec-18 06:23:52

Many of us who have been members of Gransnet since the beginning have found, through Phoenix's postings, that Mr P's slightly idiosyncratic view of the world is endearing and delightful. We have developed real affection for him. Many of us have also developed a real friendship and affection for Phoenix who never lost her wry – and often self-deprecating – sense of humour, even when going through a very difficult time a while ago.

I do not believe, after some years of being "friends", that Phoenix is at all misandrist. I don't think she has a biased bone in her body. She just like to find the funny side of life. How good is that?

MawBroon Fri 21-Dec-18 23:15:13

Windy out there, I blame the beans.

FarNorth Fri 21-Dec-18 23:06:50

Ignore who? Is anyone there??

Not a breath of wind here, btw, which is very unusual.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 21-Dec-18 22:20:34

Ignore the b***er!!!

MawBroon Fri 21-Dec-18 22:06:25

Why bother to pretend to mistakes Grandad when you have managed to make plenty up to now.
And yes, I think we are all too aware of your lack of “edikation”

Grandad1943 Fri 21-Dec-18 22:04:03

Phoenix, wid reference to yous post @ 21:21 today regardin me gramor, see I nevor got much off an edukasion.

Nevor mind drink up an av anuder. winetchhmm

MawBroon Fri 21-Dec-18 22:02:51

Gosh, thank you for sharing your post of 21.26. Grandad
I really wanted to know (all of) that shock yawn

jenpax Fri 21-Dec-18 21:33:27

In fairness to the man in Poundland ours has a few items which are £5?

phoenix Fri 21-Dec-18 21:32:43

Hello all nice normal GN members!

May I propose that we stop feeding the ego of this excuse for a decent person, and declare this thread closed?

No need to post a response tchwink

Grannybags Fri 21-Dec-18 21:32:35

I'd like to "here" the comments!

phoenix the wind is getting up here to.

So glad this thread is still up and running... grin

Grandad1943 Fri 21-Dec-18 21:26:30

Anniebach, Quote [With respect granddad1943. You must be very lonely, after a 12 hour day you choose to go to a pub not go home.]End Quote

Anniebach, how you love to pick up on peoples personal lives and invariably fall flat on your face in doing it.

Since you must know, My wife works alongside me as we both started this business jointly in 2003. Carol went home at around 3pm after making sure all the wives, partners and other associates of all that were going to work late that we would meet them in this pub at 6:30pm.

As we never got here till nearly 8pm, they were all pretty merry by the time we got here. We are now endeavouring to catch them up and now knowing of your post; you should here the comments. tchgrin

We are supposed to be working tomorrow for a few hours, but I do not know what sort of state they will be in (or me )if it goes on like this. confused