Gransnet forums

Chat

Where is she?

(67 Posts)
mcem Tue 18-Dec-18 14:37:19

I was recently thinking about vampirequeen but on searching, the latest post I could see from her was back in March.
Her posts were always interesting and I know she had health problems but wonder if anyone knows if she's ok or if she's taking a break ( or even opted out of GN. )

wot Wed 16-Jan-19 10:32:50

Thank you to those who missed me!

Nonnie Wed 16-Jan-19 11:31:04

Thanks cavewoman. Suspect I didn't scroll down enough on 'I'm on' so missed it. Seems I'm guilty too. grin

Nonnie Wed 16-Jan-19 11:33:02

Maggie see Jalima1108 Tue 15-Jan-19 17:37:11. I like her sense of humour. grin

morethan2 Wed 16-Jan-19 11:35:04

Hi wot hope things get sorted and you feel better soon.

MiceElf Wed 16-Jan-19 11:55:33

‘What about MiceElf ? I used to like her sane and balanced contributions.’

Well that’s very kind of you Greenfinch.
I’m alive and well and busy with grandchildren, the local community and trustee work.
I look in occasionally, but the site is not what it used to be (RIP Greatnan) and others who have departed. I’ve also been dismayed at many threads of late.
I was, before I ceased to post, in receipt of a very unpleasant PM and plagued by a couple of stalkers so I decided that I’d quietly disappear.
I do look at Soop’s Kitchen from time to time though. There are some lovely people there.

Riverwalk Wed 16-Jan-19 12:17:55

I'm happy to see you're still around downtoearth and have a new grandchild. I can see how a 20-year old would try and be the parent! grin

Greenfinch Wed 16-Jan-19 12:23:21

Lovely to catch up with you MiceElf.Glad you are OK. I hate this practice of sending unpleasant P. M s.Sign of a real coward.

grannyactivist Wed 16-Jan-19 12:49:40

I've been here since the very beginning and there are some very special grans who I miss, but I'm never sure if some of them are still here and have name-changed. My memory is very poor (I'm working almost full time in a very demanding job and my cognitive abilities aren't what they were) so I struggle to connect known personas to new names. I dip into Gransnet when I'm making phone calls and sending emails so my mind is only half here.

Urmstongran Wed 16-Jan-19 14:26:22

What has changed so much about GN in your opinion MiceElf ?
I’m genuinely curious (apart from thehorrid PM ‘s you received of course - that must have been awful - I can’t imagine people being so nasty).
Have the topics changed much? Would you say they were less interesting or the people who reply ‘less’ in some way?

Marmight Wed 16-Jan-19 16:20:24

I get very confused with name changes confused. Having said that, I was originally Gally when I joined in the first month of GN. I met Marelli first & we continue to be good pals. When my husband died very suddenly a few months later, I had tremendous support from many GN members and am proud to call them friends. The 'Edinburgh' contingent were very active from the start and continue to be so although sadly I have now moved far away. I have only once been on the receiving end of an unpleasant comment, totally uncalled for I may add! I find some of the nastiness on GN unbelievable; Why do people need to stoop so low? We all have our diverse opinions and should be respected for them, but luckily those who seem to revel in unpleasantness are rare. I dislike confrontation so occasionally take a back seat but soon get drawn in again!

NanKate Wed 16-Jan-19 17:49:12

Lovely to hear Anya is back. I always enjoyed reading her contribution to the threads.

Atqui Wed 16-Jan-19 20:58:21

And what about Galen?

callgirl1 Wed 16-Jan-19 22:56:47

Galen is still very much present.
I`ve been here since May 2011, shortly after GN started up, I was steered here by Marelli, my original name was numberplease, only changed it to get back on when I`d had a few days of not being able to get in, so rejoined.

jogginggirl Wed 16-Jan-19 23:56:40

Hi Anya, lovely to have you back X

Bathsheba Thu 17-Jan-19 08:34:56

I did wonder about Anja being Anya! Welcome back x

bikergran Thu 17-Jan-19 09:33:45

Another one here from way back (think it was either 2011/12

many have left gone for whatever reason, but like families and friends we get busy with other things.

I tend to hover in a corner these days although when I have a "light bulb" moment I may contribute.

Still good to have GN at your fingertips though, but do think the "media" thingy put paid to a lot of posts, I myself have withdrawn slightly and now would never put anything on that was too private.